Metal Hammer's "review" of LIVING THINGS

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by KaPOWitsCHRIS, Jul 22, 2012.

idk if anyone has posted this already but yeah. Whatcha think?

[video=youtube;3AdFUBx0j4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AdFUBx0j4A&feature=plcp[/video]

RiseFromTheAshez

RiseFromTheAshez Banned

I only watched cuz he was crying

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Metal may be a great genre but I place Metalhead Elitists on the same level as fan-girls when it comes to narrow-mindedness and prejudice

I agree. I hate being a fan of metal because of the closed minded morons it comes with.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Moron

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

This.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Ok well, he was clearly biased to begin with and he is a complete idiot, but he did make 1 or 2 good points. There were a lot of borrowed pop sounds on this album and bullet for my Valentine blows (sorry NoN). Other than that he's just another dumb, close minded, metalhead. He lost all credibility for me when he said the new korn album was well written. Music aside, the lyrics were aweful. So everything this guy says should be taken with a grain of salt.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Don't forget Linkin Park fans.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I can sum up the attitude of nearly every person who frequents sites like Metal Hammer and Blabbermouth with the following:

"THIS SHIT SUCKS IT'S SUCH PUSSY MUSIC NO WONDER IT'S SO POPULAR NOBODY ACTUALLY UNDERSTANDS WHAT REAL METAL IS. BREE BREE SHRED 'TIL I'M DEAD \m/ MESHUGGAH IS THE BEST BAND EVER"

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I stopped listening to his review when he said he thought Path of Totality was a "brilliant" record.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

At least the band did something to change that by changing their music; made the fans think outside the box. I know they broadened my tastes after ATS anyway.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

I know what you mean, I was a metalhead until I discovered MTM, and got into electronic music after ATS. Now I almost only listen to softer ballad like songs and electronic music, I can't stand metal anymore.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I know the cons would outweigh the pros but ... ^ this is why we need a fucking upvote button :lol:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

He was crying? Will definitely watch!

Upvote button? Awesome!

UPDATE: Kinda sorry because he wasn't crying.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

I definitely enjoyed that record, calling it brilliant goes a bit too far though.

I don't even know why they even reviewed LIVING THINGS since LP have never been a metal band. It just doesn't make sense at all. How can you expect a positive review from a magazine/website that deals with a totally different genre than the album? Pretty weird if you ask me.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

:lol:

shinformant

shinformant Banned

I don't agree with everything he said, but he raises plenty of good points and this review is much more objective than people are giving it credit for.

It's pretty feasible and fair to say that the album is vapid and pseud-ish and doesn't show a great deal of emotional range, and is full of sounds cribbed straight from other artists that have done the same thing better and with more conviction. He nailed ATS as well - alternating between trying to sound like Radiohead and Crystal Castles and U2 isn't daring or edgy.

If people are going to dismiss what he says just because he writes for Metal Hammer and said he likes the last Korn album or whatever, they can't then turn around and err on the side of open-mindedness when it comes to their own views on Linkin Park. That's kind of having it both ways.

I love Korn's latest album. There are some good points in the video but overall I think he is just being a twat because he can.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I'm sure an album review which starts with "...I think Linkin Park are fucking awful" is going to be the epitome of objectivity. I'm not dismissing it for any of the points you raised but because his problem with Linkin Park seems to be that they're not "metal as fuck, bro".

But ehh, like he said, everyone's entitled to an opinion, if you don't like an artist, move the fuck on. I'm sure the music industry 'well' is just overflowing with the talent that Linkin Park seem to be lacking. A band is not shit simply because you don't like them; or even because 'the distortion I use is better than the distortion you use'
    :facepalm:

(And that's 'you' in a general sense)

And "better" is relative.