[SPOILER ALERT] The Dark Knight Rises

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Agent, Oct 27, 2010.

1. StaticOnTheWay

StaticOnTheWay Makin' you all say "woah"

Someone has too much time on their hands!

2. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Dear God, this movie. So fucking bad. I can't believe it, I looked forward to this movie all year, thinking this was gonna be the best summer movie/best Batman movie ever. Shit. Nolan, I'm disappointed man.

I kid, I fucking loved it. This movie is the best one out of the Trilogy for me. I kept my expectations low and didn't spoil a thing. I only watched the first teaser and that was it, resulting in being very satisfied. I called Robin but the plottwist at the end (with Bane), wow. Did not expect that.

The death scene of Talia Al Ghul was pretty laughable though. Looked really fake to me.

Aside from that, I thought the movie was really well done. Bane was less charismatic than the Joker but not less entertaining. Dude was brutal.

I'd say 8,5-9/10.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  3. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

No they don't. People get paid to make these infographics, and additional revenue for all the traffic said infographic brings to the hosting site.

4. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I liked this movie but I couldn't follow the whole thing...and Bane's voice sounded weird. and it needed more shots of Anne Hathaway's ass.

5. StaticOnTheWay

StaticOnTheWay Makin' you all say "woah"

I stand corrected then

6. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Bad movie? Don't even give a fuck. Awesome.

Bane's voice was badass.

7. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

As promised, here it is! http://thegreenthbeatle.wordpress.com/2012/07/26/the-dark-knight-rises/

Enjoy, and feel free to post feedback!

8. hawk

Spoilers. One of the major nips I have with the film though is after Wayne gets his ass kicked and his body broken by Bane, he fights back, and upon the verge of taken down Bane, things changed thanks to bitch daughter and Selina is forced to kill him. Bane just went from a fucking ultimate badass to some bad guy.

The first fight they had was incredible. The fact that there was no music made it so much better, and brought a strong sense of hopelessness through. The second fight was awesome too, loved the idea of fucking up the mask, although the ending was ehh.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  9. Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

SPOILERS

This has been a subject of criticism from fans. The question is was Bane a monster or just a big puppy dog? But while the ultimate plan to destroy Gotham might have been Talia's I think the way Bane handled everything was his own doing, i.e. turning the classes on each other, hanging bodies from the bridge, "poisoning" Gotham with false hope-- I say this because there was one crucial moment before Bane died that showed a defiance against Talia: He was not going to let Bruce live to feel, "the heat of 12 million people he failed" like she wanted. He was going to take the pleasure of killing him himself.

This is a small, but overlooked moment that brings the character back to the thirsty-for-blood, brutal monster he was before Batman beat his mask in. I can understand the complaints, but I'm still fairly satisfied with Bane. He was known for breaking Batman's back and confidence and he did so much more.

10. Gman2887

Yeah, but a lot of it is very debatable or just wrong. For example, it did show how Bane was poisoning Gotham with hope under his, "we give the city back to you" moniker and flipping the classes around on each other-- Something of an Occupy Wallstreet kind of 99% vs. 1% deal.
    Or the fact that Bruce found Selina in Gotham because right beforehand she says it was "her neighborhood," as if she was in control of her own piece of the city. No doubt Bruce would've heard of that.
    There's plenty more, but a lot of it is simply chalked up to not paying attention to the film.

I agree it's got problems, and they're more noticeable in this one, but one thing I won't fault it for is being different in tone and atmosphere than "The Dark Knight." "Batman Begins" was a very different movie as well and I enjoy the fact that Nolan switches mood and look on a dime with each one so they stand on their own.

11. hawk

As am I, but after all Wayne went through, on the verge of defeating Bane in fantastic fight part 2, bitch reveals herself and then Selina kills Bane. That could still have been handled better, with maybe Selina giving Wayne some time to get himself out of the rope and then resume the fight with Bane. Then again, the bomb timer pacing would have been flawed some more, thus they could have given an extra five minutes to everytime the bomb timer was seen/mentioned to allow Batman to defeat Bane.

12. Gman2887

I'm not sure I agree. Bane's arc had come full circle and we watched Batman already beat Bane. A 3rd fight would feel a little bloated and fruitless, especially with the real threat ticking in the streets of Gotham.

13. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Yeah your right. I'd kinda would have been happy with Bane dying once his mask was broken. It could have been a "Return of the Jedi" moment where Talia could have taken his mask off to see his face before he dies.
    Then again, She wouldn't (or he wouldn't) want to see his scared face, tainting the memory of him in the prison.

It's a tricky situation. I think Nolan, & co must of had trouble thinking of a good way to end his story.

But i still would have loved a final shot of bane being dragged away by 6 cops back into custody or something along those lines.

14. hawk

I'm not saying there should have been a third fight, I would have loved for Wayne to take down Bane via targeting his mask in the second fight, that is what I was expecting at the theater, but it didn't work out that way. Miranda could have easily identified herself after Bane is killed (which she probably wouldn't let happen, due to their relationship), because Wayne would feel as though he had won, at then she could have fucked off with the bomb.

15. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

16. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I still think Nolan had his secretary write it or something.

17. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

18. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

wut

19. PandasFTW

PandasFTW Well-Known Member

there were only freaks with batman shirts which cleaned their glasses for half an hour as i watched it on it's german release day.

20. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Way to make fun of nerds and geeks. And then geek out about it on a Linkin Park fansite. Something something kettle something something black.