Deleting LP

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by CylockDNB, Jul 26, 2012.

CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

Hey guys. At the risk of nobody giving a shit about this / deleting it, I'm making this thread.

I've been a fan of LP for most of my life. I basically grew up listening to them and they became my favorite band for many years. I bought all their records, had all their videos, had posters, went to a show, created tons of music inspired by them, bought all the collab stuff and the Fort Minor stuff and even bought CDs of rare tracks on ebay. I was a Linkin Park freak. I always admired their sound most of all. I never really paid much attention to their lyrics for some reason, but I totally fell in love with their beats, effects, glitches, etc. which definitely inspired me to make a lot of songs on my own.

I recently bought Living Things and have heard it maybe close to a hundred times by now. I don't know how else to put this, but as much as it hurts me, I'm really starting to realize how crappy their music really is. I really almost cringe at most of their lyrics and their songs just aren't meaningful or valuable. I don't know how else to put it. They just really have nothing special about their tracks anymore now. I mean, sure they have a huge sound, but the music itself, the lyrics, the instrumentation, it's not deep at all. I think it's time that I move on from them because I've found so much more great music along the way that totally surpasses the things LP have done imo. I just think it's time to get over them. I do, however, want to point out that I ABSOLUTELY see a lot of potential for the future of LP, they just haven't reached it yet. They got kinda close with ATS, but just ended up failing and falling.

They just haven't truly matured yet in my opinion, and LT was really a HUGE step back for them. I totally believe they can make something amazing next time around, and I will definitely buy it and support them, but for now, I think it's just time I erase all their stuff. It just gets skipped all the time anyway. LP have lost most of the appeal they had on me, and I think it's natural and normal. I mean, I'm just ONE fan. I'm not telling anyone they suck and everyone should delete them, but it just feels like something I gotta do. I will definitely keep being a fan, but their older stuff just seems like it's wasting space in my HD. I will however keep MTM because I feel it is their most mature record and I can truly enjoy it. I'm also keeping ATS for a while because, there are some songs on there that are great, regardless of how messy the record actually is. I also kept Reanimation because it was always one of my favorite LP records to be honest.

Anyway, nobody probably cares about this post, but I just wanted to share it because I feel like LP has been such a big part in my life and it just came time to part ways with their music.

If you guys have any opinions, I'm welcome to hear them and if not hey whatever lol. Anyway, R.I.P. most of LP's discography, you will be missed. /:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

OMG sell all the other stuff to me!

No, that's impossible.

Hm. :obama:

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

:wave:

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

This.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

No offense, but unless you're planning to keep your physical CDs it seems like a pretty bad move to delete your stuff, even if you hate it. All that means is if you suddenly decide you love them again, you have to buy everything all over again.

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

I never thought that Linkin Park is band which is a great example of musical maturity, expertise and good lyrics. But they are good enough to translate what I feel in 99% of the times and get involved with the sound and lyricism. And it keeps me faithful. Until the end.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Delete Meteora.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Have fun with that, Cylock.

This. You will never find a more dedicated and loyal fan than yours truely.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

What?:samuel: Noooooooo..!!! Don't do that...

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Hey, I wouldn't want my tastes to be defined by the music I liked back when I was younger. I really liked N'Sync as a kid but I'm not gonna put them in my iTunes. Hell, I found Papa Roach and Saliva at the same time as Linkin Park and thought they were the shit, but it took me being exposed to other music to realize how bad they really were. I got rid of Korn, Disturbed and P.O.D. despite me being fond of their music. That's because I don't listen to nu-metal anymore. Any attachment I have to those bands is pure nostalgia. I take an honest look at them and can't respect them musically.

Linkin Park? I keep hoping they'll make a record as close to perfect as possible. I've only been a diehard fan for about six years, but I treat them the same as I would a band I'm actually friends with. Sure they may not have the greatest instrumental work and their lyrics aren't good for the most part, but there's something there that draws you in, at least for me.

Hybrid

For as much as I've touted my distaste for Korn and Disturbed nowadays, their music is still on my Ipod. Their music doesn't really strike a chord with me anymore, but, when I put that bitch on shuffle, it's good to hear something different every now and then.

Because of how much I've been through with Linkin Park's music, I don't think I could ever just turn my back on them. Their music has become synonomous with who I am.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You take back what you said. *NSYNC were the shit and still are. You may not think you want them on your iPod, but I guarantee you that if you're in the car with a bunch of friends and *NSYNC or Backstreet Boys start playing, the whole song will erupt into epic sing-alongs.

Sunset

Sunset Well-Known Member

I also think LP made a step backwards with LT. But I also realised that it's all beacuase of most of their fans. Even now all you need to do to see it is go on youtube and search videos from ATS, you can find "old LP is better" comments everywhere. They will never go back to that, but I still love them, because LT has some very good stuff on it

Hybrid

This is actually quite true... Hahah!

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

The only way I'm putting anything related to N'Sync in my library is if Justin does a collaborative album with T.I.

Ignite

Ignite Well-Known Member

Justin won't even bother making another album for himself (probably still reaching for his Oscar :rastamike:), so good luck with that T.I. thing :pope:

And @TS, it's kinda your fault for forcing yourself to like LT. It's not even that good of an album (there I said it), but there are some good gems in there so to think you'd go 180 degrees just for that :pope:

They are not the most talented band in the world, but I'm just too attached to LP. Even if the day comes that I get tired of their sound (if the next 3 lead singles sound like Burn It Down or Somewhere I Don't Belong I swear I'll jump ship :popcorn:) I'd still be proud I became a fan. *cue dramatic music*

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Woah, this is a depressing thread! Does that mean you're leaving LPA then? Considering you're deleting all but 3 of LP's albums... I could never do that. Even for a band I'm no longer fond of. To be honest, I haven't fallen out with any band to the extent you have with LP. :lol: But if you must.... :(

Also, what about Fort Minor & Dead by Sunrise? Will they survive?

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

So basically, you're just deleting all of Linkin Park's nu-metal/poppy music. Can't say that's a horrible move. I feel this way sometimes too, sentimental value is really what keeps me from getting rid of their older stuff. I honestly think that there are songs off of Meteora that must be some of the worst music written by a legitimate band in the past decade.

Personally, I don't understand how there are people in their 20s, maybe even 30s, that still LIKE that stuff. I'm gonna be 20 in September. I got Hybrid Theory when I was 8 or 9, in 4th grade. Yeah, listening to a bunch of yelling and screaming over cool sounds was great back then, but I outgrew it.

I don't know. I guess all I'm trying to say is I know how you feel.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Well, I understand what you mean. Having so much stuff out elesewhere that's miles better than the songs they've put out lately, but because you're a fan forcing yourself to listen to it knowing it's not even that good, it's something I'd expect. Hell, I dropped listening to LT completely for anything other than Castle of Glass or In My Remains because what I look for can be found elsewhere in better quality. It's a bit extreme because you can always go "Hey I want to reminisce" but well, lol.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

How can you say their lyrics aren't good? Personally, I don't really like the lyrics like repeating ''Shut up!'' for ten times, how can the lyrics of songs like Iridescent not touch you?

If you really were a fan all your life, you won't be able to not listen at least one track until Sunday, let alone some long time...

You can't delete LP. You can't delete music you've been listening to your whole life...