LITE is the worst song LP has written since Meteora

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mario007, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I thought the melody in the chorus was absolutely amazing.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Whatever floats your boat man. Lost In The Echo now has one of my favourite chorus deliveries of all time. And even IF it sounds close to nu-metal, at least the band is giving the idea a much needed facelift. With Lost In The Echo they took a genre thats been dead for close to a decade and modernized it without completely mimicking what killed it in the first place.

Hybrid

This. I hate how it's concidered cool now amongst the fanbase to write off and talk shit about the band's earlier music. That makes me almost hope that the next record is entirely Nu-Metal just to piss people like that off.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

If my music taste was dictated by cool points, I'd be listening to Gotye instead of Linkin Park.

Hybrid

But you didn't have to cut me off... :bellendman:

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

You silly boy, doing jokes with my problems. :come2brazil:

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

[​IMG]

Seriously, this whole thread. On-topic, I personally don't care about the lyrics. All I hear is the music when I start the album and that's what's kept me a fan of this band so long.

Geki

Geki >.

I personally do not like ''nu-metal''. The only band in that entire genre that I ever listened to was LP, because they were actually intelligent and knew a lot of about making music, namely Mike, he is a fucking god. But the band totally saved themselves by completely wiping out any trace of nu-metal with MTM, it saved their career, the band has even said so themselves.From an interview in 2007, Chester even flat out said ''I fucking hate nu-metal, I never liked any of the bands, even the ones I was friends with''. It's clear that the band wanted to move on as well. Where are all the nu-metal bands today besides LP? Papa Roach actually evolved and moved on as well, that's why they are still active and doing well. I mean, some of the bands are still around, but they are definitely not doing anything close to LP's level of fame. They then made ATS, further straying from the nu-metal sound and made a masterpiece. It's not so much the fanbase hating on nu-metal because they think that's what's cool, it's the fact that nu-metal flat out sucks and people listen to different types of music, it's all about opinion. My opinion is that nu-metal sucks. And I never had a beef with Chester's vocal delivery in LITE, that is quite good. I meant to say the lyrics were almost laughably bad in the chorus. But again, that's just my opinion.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

:lol:

Opinions are fun to debate, though. Most times.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

depends on the website you on :lol:

Hybrid

The funny thing is, I knew everything you posted here. Including your opinion. I know you love MTM. You let everyone know in just about every post that you make. Truth be told, I love it too. I love everything the band has done, including the old stuff, but I'm sure you already knew that too. :bradwink:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

36ftjl.jpg

CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

I just hope they finally write that "great record" next.

Mario007

Mario007 Well-Known Member

To be fair, I did not complain about the music in the OP and I too get annoyed when people start bashing Meteora here for no apparent reason and start to think ATS is the best album ever made. Having said that, I just think the lyrics in this song are insanely bad, especially given that Mike has tackled this subject before and with much more grace. As I've said, to me, it sounds like 50 cent decided to make an angsty nu-metal rap.

Is Gotye even that popular outside of that one song? From what i've seen people only listen to Someobody I used to know and tend to neglect the rest of songs as they are weirder than the mainstream would find an appeal to

Hybrid

Just so you won't have it on your Ipod either?

To be fair, this album did come out in record time... If we waited another, say, six months, the lyrics might have been different, presumably "better," even though everyone in this thread bitching about the lyrics would still be bitching about the lyrics. I put "better" in quotes because I don't mind the lyrics.

Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

The nu-metal influences don't particularly bug me. I just think its a weak song and that's that. Fun? Yeah, sure, but weak.

The thing is I didn't get in to Linkin Park because they were nu-metal and I didn't necessarily stay with them because they strayed from it either. They're good musicians and that's why I like them-- But even greats have missteps. Ala, Lost in the Echo. (Or simply the majority of Living Things.)

Hybrid

Well, I love the song and the album. I don't concider them a misstep.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Listening to the less mainstream stuff is kinda the point of being cool. Have you never met a hipster before?

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

skin to bone is really bad...LITE is good .. (imo)

20. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

There's a melody in the chorus of Lost in the Echo? :kappa:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.