Trent Reznor's How To Destroy Angels project signs with Columbia Records for series of releases

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Brandon, Sep 21, 2012.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Updates on How To Destroy Angels + Trent Reznor's upcoming projects

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3265399533874&set=a.3265399493873.108202.1833868712&type=1

Looks like we're going to be hearing a lot from Trent Reznor in the next year or so.

UPDATE: Beats By Dre collaboration

https://www.facebook.com/treznor/posts/3343982178391

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Great! Can't wait!

thelastdisciple

thelastdisciple Active Member

Hell yeeuh.

I nearly lost my shit today as i awoke 20 minutes after that was posted, had to wipe the crust out of my eyes to make sure i wasn't seeing things.

SO stoked. Oh. My. God.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Sweeeeeet

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I saw this earlier. I still don't get why they signed with a label. Maybe he doesn't care about the money and wants his music to be spread as wide as possible. He was making truckloads of money self-releasing his music, but maybe he didn't make as big of an impact in the music world as he desired. That is the only reason I can think of that he'd get himself into another contractual obligation.

With that said, he has to be the coolest man on the planet. I can't wait for more music. HTDA could be just as good or better than his NIN stuff.

thelastdisciple

Sometimes you can get in to situations where you just can't really do everything yourself even if it did work out alright for a while, i would say more than anything the label deal is just to even out the work load, funding two projects of a certain magnitude yourself might be a bit more challenging since he's got two kids now, his life has changed a lot since he first went independent with Nine Inch Nails. Besides he might also have a certain vision for his new band that might not have been in the immediate budget if he was to remain unsigned.

Also you have to consider what might be involved with the up and coming Year Zero HBO series, some things he might be having to foot himself.

They probably went with Columbia (which is owned by Sony) based off of prior good standings with the scores he had released for The Social Network and The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo, that and friends he's interested in working with going from who he mentioned in his post.

Trent's def a busy bee and maybe he realized there's a necessary evil out there.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I'm actually listening for the first time to their first EP. Pretty solid stuff, so I guess I will check this out when it's released!

ChrisSchoch

ChrisSchoch New Member

Definitely can't wait for this! Trent has never let me down. Edgy electronic/hybrid music has been kind of empty lately with few exceptions like the last LP record, this new Tweaker record looks promising http://www.amazon.com/Call-Time-Eternity-Tweaker/dp/B0096PS6QA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348452060&sr=8-2&keywords=tweaker but also I recently found this artist who is working with both Chris Vrenna and Sean Beavan, 2 NIN guys, this track is pretty amazing http://wvmmusic.bandcamp.com/track/escapism-feat-josh-freese-mixed-by-sean-beavan

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Sweet! I really enjoyed the self-titled EP.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Love this band

thelastdisciple

Check out Sean Beavan's band 8MM, specifically their latest EP releases Between the Devil and Two Black Hearts, AMAZING tunes.

Yep in the world of NIN-Extended you really can do no wrong.

travz21

SONOIO is one of my favorites, too. Alessandro Cortini toured with NIN for 3 years and was a major part of Ghosts I–IV. He has two albums that are pure electronic goodness.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I don't agree with them signing with Columbia, or any major record label, especially when it goes against everything Trent has said in the past like, 5 years, when it comes to the music industry and the record labels. I mean, with the internet at your fingertips, you don't need a record label to get your music to a place, like, say, Russia, or whatever. But, uh, yeah, How to Destroy Angels is mainly a vehicle for Mariqueen's career, not Trent's or anyone else involved, so being on a major label that can actually promote the record (hopefully) and the band in a positive light makes sense.

Now, if the next Nine Inch Nails album comes out on a major label.... I riot.

travz21

Yeah, I don't get it. Dude was making way more cash than any singed musician and he had the freedom to do whatever he wanted.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I still think this is mostly about Mariqueen's career.

Brandon

He might still have the freedom to do whatever he wants, especially if the guy he signed with is a friend of his.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

sooooooo, year zero tv series?

Brandon

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

wut? I miss?

travz21

I'd rather just wait till the album.