Romneys Own the Voting Booths...Literally

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by SuperDude526, Oct 24, 2012.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

All I can say is God fucking bless America.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Both candidates are bought and sold by the same lobbyists. Doesn't matter who wins anyways.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

The fact that you have two bad choices doesn't mean that they are equally bad. One is much much worse than the other.

travz21

Their policies will end up being almost the same and will have nearly identical effects on the country, just like Bush's and Obama's. Mega-corporations and the military industrial complex own the president and do their best to own all of congress. They are just puppets and do what they are told for money.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

[YOUTUBE]1aBaX9GPSaQ[/YOUTUBE]

SuperDude526

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Agreed. Obama is worse than Romney. Romney is the lesser of two evils

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*nods* So true!

travz21

Obama is still killing thousands of civilians with drone strikes. He is still planning on destroying Iran if they acquire a nuke. There are still troops occupying the Middle East. We're still in Afghanistan. He kept troops in Iraq like 2 years longer than he said he would, only because Iraq kicked us out. He went to war with Libya without declaration. Don't forget the National Defense Authorization Act. He also extended the Patriot Act. Obama and Romney will be the same. They are almost identical on foreign policy and civil liberties.

All their major domestic policies will also be the same. Every president from now on will be the same unless something drastic happens. There aren't two sides of the coin like they make you believe. Defending either Republicans or Democrats is pointless when both of them vote based on who pays them. There is only one party. People arguing for Democrats over Republicans or the other way around is counterproductive. They're both wrong. It's like people arguing which is the best form of murder. Either way has the same end result and is immoral. Instead, people should be educating themselves on things like economics, civil rights, and foreign/domestic events. This would lead to meaningful progress instead of the same old arguments that have zero substance and amount to nothing.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    SuperDude526

Alright, so go ahead and have your revolution. I'm going to go ahead and live in reality.

travz21

Yeah, why bother questioning authority and self-improving yourself through education? It's like religious people. Just blindly follow the leader because it's what you've been told and you think it's reality. Doing anything else is scary because it could shake your entire faith in the system.

Edit: For the logical-minded people that no longer want to blindly believe something without analyzing it, they break the cycle and become atheists and/or voluntaryists.

Edit: It's also why people are becoming less immoral about things like racism, gay marriage and women's rights. For so long people believed something just because "it's just the way it is". Then people started actually thinking about it logically and realized segregation was wrong, discriminating against the LGBT community is wrong, and treating women differently is wrong. Unfortunately humans aren't logical about everything so we still end up blindly following things until the next movements set off a chain reaction that slowly creates change towards a more logical society.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    SuperDude526

I question authority on legitimate and realistic expectations, because of my education. Looking at the wide span of human history, we are in a pretty good position. Not only because we have it better than most people throughout history, but because we as individuals have much more political agency; there has never been a better opportunity for people to express their political voice. The stakes are high and the challenges daunting but that's all relative, and our system may have problems but all in all it still works.

Do I approve entirely of the Obama administration? Absolutely not. But my support for his platform and the things he has done outweighs my criticisms of the things he has or has not done. That and I have specific policy views that he aligns with, which the Republican candidate does not align with and has actually made candid his opposition to. That is why I support him, not because of some "sheeple mentality" nonsense.

Juliet

Juliet Well-Known Member

travz21

Good video.

shinformant

shinformant Banned

But spouting false equivalency and argument to moderation is a-okay, of course.

SuperDude526

If one million people vote for a third party candidate - heck, if ten million people or FIFTY million people did - there are still 85% of the country who are voting for red or blue. So even if I sympathized with your position, which I don't, there is zero chance of actually "destroying" this dichotomy. And believe it or not, there are people who like the Democratic platform. Or the Republican one.

I don't understand how some guy yelling at people on YouTube is supposed to expose a fallacy by the way. His premises work and the argument is sound (sort of), but it only works by omitting important considerations, such as the one I just made.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    Juliet

Juliet Well-Known Member

Just so you know, I actually consider myself a Democrat, so I do understand what you're saying. I just thought some people should watch the video, because I've seen a lot of people that complain about third parties not getting enough attention, and they don't like Romney or Obama. Yet they're still willing to vote for one or the other, and act like they don't have a choice. Just food for thought i guess

SuperDude526

Oh, don't get me wrong, my post wasn't addressed to you. Sorry if it seemed that way, I meant no offense to you.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    Juliet

Juliet Well-Known Member

Oh ok, no worries then man.