LPAssociation 10 Year Anniversary - A Moment Of Thanks

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Oct 26, 2012.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The best part is Hybrid, if your friend Bridgett is who I think she is, she's been my friend for over half a decade. Small world eh?

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Beautiful post, guys. Once again, congrats for the 10 amazing years and hoping for many more! I'm glad I created an account, even if only recently, and this is definitely the place I keep coming back to, to get all the info (even before signing up) and to talk to all these amazing people that is the Linkin Park Community. Once again, congrats guys! You've done an amazing job and thank you for that :)

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

If her last name starts with B and is from Chicago, than it is her. She goes by linkinparker1 on here. She is still credited as the person that referred me here. She is an awesome friend. I am truely greatful that I met and listened to her. That's also crazy if you've known her that long. Her and I met on the LPST Forum(RIP) and we pretty much owned the Illinois thread. :lol:

linkinparker1

linkinparker1 Bridgett Brzezinski

Yes, you two are both some of my closest guy friends. :)
    Derek, it has been ages since we met. Such a cool thing. And Joe, many more LP concert meet-ups in the years to come I'm sure.
    The joys of LPA buddies!!

Ginger

Ginger Orangutan LPA VIP

orly? :0

anyways, such a good read.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I think they meant to say biggest Linkin Park fan site

Ginger

Ginger Orangutan LPA VIP

Yeah, I was thinking the same. But it would probably be up there in numbers of hits.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

All I can say is wow. I've been lurking for the better part of 2012 for LP-related news and really nothing more. When the Scavenger Hunt started, however, I actively followed that forum thread for the very latest news on the Linkin Park community's progress in unlocking a brand new song. As I read just about every post in there, I became amazed by the incredible sense of community you guys exhibited through your respect for each other, your humor :D , and the fact that many of you are on a first name basis with each other. No other fan site I've seen can say that and I finally made the wise decision to join the LPA on June 26, 2012, the worldwide release day of LIVING THINGS. And while I can't say I've made any best friends here (yet) or that I'm in your secret movie club, or that I'm a very active poster, I'm ecstatic to be a part of this family of hardcore Linkin Park fans. Yes, you guys are like a family to each other.

Oh and Derek, I know this sounds crazy but I discovered LP the exact same way you did: I heard One Step Closer for the first time at my school in 2008 as a 6th grader, and asked a friend of mine if he knew the name of the song. He said he didn't know the song name but he knew it was by Linkin Park. So after school that day I fired up YouTube, searched "linkin park", and watched every single music video until I found One Step Closer. After realizing I loved every single song I came across, I became a huge fan and am proud to say that hasn't changed. Long live LPA and LP; here's to another 10+ years!

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'd fathom that's true, considering how many Linkin Park fans there are. The band has 45 million FB likes. Unbelievable.

Blake

Maybe Guests, but we don't have many members compared to some websites, I'm a part of a forum that usually has about 3000 online at the same time

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

AWWW NAICE!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That's hilarious, because that's pretty much the same thing I did...down to asking someone next to me who the band was. Only difference is that I heard OSC (in full) on their website, cause YT wouldn't exist for another 4-5 years :lol:.

And as for the biggest fansite thing, they clearly meant biggest LP fansite.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I first heard it in my room while doing homework. I then went to their website after finding out that it was spelled "Linkin." I also caught the music video on MTV. Yes, MTV at one point in time played music videos. :lol:

Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

that was a very interesting post to read. thank you to the staff for sharing these memories with the community!

back when i joined, the posts had to be approved by admins or mods to show up in a thread...how war we`ve come ;)

here`s to another 10 years!

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Wow that is hilarious, you must feel old for remembering pre-YT internet media :lol:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
    Blake

Youtube started in 2006, so you would have to insanely young to remember a world with only YT

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

What I meant was internet as a media source; before 2006 I don't recall using the internet for much of anything besides research for school work. I'm 17 btw.