Living Things fourth single

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Panagiotis Papagianni, Sep 22, 2012.

Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

I think it will be POWERLESS. I would hope to see ROADS UNTRAVELED as single though.

Any song would be OK. Personally I would like IN MY REMAINS, SKIN TO BONE and I'LL BE GONE to be singles. Maybe not UNTIL IT BREAKS.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

It's Between IMRs, Powerless and LGM.

Black Cat

Black Cat Member

How about Skin to Bone? I think it is possible. Though, In My Remains is such a nice song.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

There's not even a third single yet. :/

LITE just came out last October 5, and there is no way they'll release a new single for another four or five months (or until LITE reaches Top 40, fingers crossed). I saw an article (a Chester interview) that said that the band's planning another video for "Powerless".

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

Lets play a game of elimination.

"Burn it Down" and "Lost in the Echo" are already singles.
    "Castle of Glass", although not officially announced, will inevitably become the third or fourth single.
    "Victimized" and "Tinfoil" for obvious reasons
    "Until it Breaks" because of it's unusual composition.
    "Skin to Bone" and "I'll be Gone" because they are weak songs, in the context of a single release.

On my list, that leaves
    "In My Remains", "Lies, Greed, Misery", "Roads Untraveled" and "Powerless"

My bet is on Powerless, since Chester said that they were shooting a music video for it.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Nah, Skin is not radio-friendly at all...

Ambush Reality

Ambush Reality LP Underground

Hoping its In My Remains, betting its Powerless.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

LIES GREED MISERY was already used for promotional use, and I'LL BE GONE is not weak in the least bit, Chester's vocal performance is one of the best on the album, if anything In My Remains is weak, of course in terms of vocals and it doesn't sound all that great live. I Don't see Roads Untraveled being a single, not enough lyrics to do much on screen if a music video were to come out and the song itself isn't a great enough ballad like Shadow of The Day was

lime treacle

I don't think it's Powerless. It's already been featured in the trailer for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. I don't think making it a single and doing another video would make any sense.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Chester said that there is a POWERLESS music video in the works, he said it during an interview for the soundwave festival 2013

lime treacle

Powerless it is.

TVTV

TVTV Active Member

I always expected either "Powerless" or "Roads Untraveled" would be a single.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

It was confirmed this was a mistake a long time ago... But, I'd love it to be POWERLESS.

LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

^This. I'm hoping for "In My Remains".

lime treacle

No, no it wasn't.

Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

LITE got removed from the UK iTunes and from Amazon as a digtal download. Personally I think that LP is doing a really bad job promoting their singles this cycle.

The fourth single, however, should be IMR or Powerless. I would love it if RU was a single though.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

This... :ohno:

They totally messed up their single promotions this album cycle.. after CASTLE OF GLASS as the third single, Let the 6th album process commence..

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

Actually, it is. A promotional single is defined as a song released solely in promotion of an album. There is two ways of a promotional single release - A radio-only single that is released for airplay only and not available to the public as a single, or a single release that has been limited to a number of copies or an exclusive to a store or website. For "Lies Greed Misery", it was the latter. It was made available to download (For Free!) right here on our very own playground, the LPA Forums.

Although this doesn't mean Lies Greed Misery can't be a single. There have been many promos in the past that have spawned into singles. There's two very recent examples I'll toss up. One of them is "The Edge of Glory" by Lady gaga. It was released exclusively on the iTunes store as part of the countdown to Born This Way, but the song became so popular, it became the third single from the album, inheriting a music video and charting on every single chart possible. There's also "Princess of China" by Coldplay, released to radio in the week leading up to Mylo Xyloto. It became the fourth single months later after "Charlie Brown" had failed as the third single.

Although "Powerless" will most likely be the fourth single, "Lies Greed Misery" can still be a single. Just because it was released as a promotional single doesn't mean it can evolve into a single!

Melis

Melis when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory LPA Super Member

This.