Romneys Own the Voting Booths...Literally

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by SuperDude526, Oct 24, 2012.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

[thumb]http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/imagenes_sociopol/globalmilitarism58_14.jpg[/thumb]

Countries in blue are the only US military-free zones in the world.

Not sure why you're more scared of Romney. Troops are already everywhere, Obama has started a few wars on his own, he's still currently killing innocent civilians, and both Romney and Obama will start a war with Iran.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Not sure why you'd say that when Obama has said he still wants to use the diplomatic channels and sanctions.

travz21

I agree with this. I would also say that the two biggest shortcuts are religion and government. Both of those things let people off the hook from doing any real internalization or critical thinking. The rules and pseudo-morals are laid out for them to follow. They are free to live their lives without ever seriously having to question or understand much of anything relating to humanity or the universe around us. The biggest mistakes or atrocities in history can be attributed to religion or government just because people believe in them too much to question their validity. This is why the world is so uninformed and vulnerable, but it is making progress.

I don't think the world is too complex for us to handle. In a couple hundred years we've gone from horses to automobiles to even traveling to the moon and sending probes into space. We've gone from an abacus to supercomputers and a vast digital world. Scientists and entrepreneurs have shown that the world is in our grasp and we can utilize it to further improve our quality of living. It's not a zero-sum game. Most of this was happening in spite of religion and government. It's this complexity that causes them to try and control everything. It's because of the unknowns and their lack of knowledge that they want this control. They think that if they have a stranglehold on everything that they can control how the world works. The problem is that humanity already has a system in place that does that. It's the market. The more and more control you try to obtain, the more and more you distort optimal efficiency and deviate from your intended goal.

Yes, we should. Most people are too busy being productive that they don't have time to think about each issue, though. And that's fine. A solution to avoiding such problems is living in a society that adheres to the Non-Aggression Principle. Your rights end where my rights begin. I don't think there are many unsolvable problems. It is important that such a society understands why such rights exist.

Sanctions are an act of war. And because his previous actions have shown that he does many things differently than what he says. Especially pertaining to foreign policy. Especially everything actually.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I'm not necessarily speaking on behalf of Travz, because I don't know what he had in mind, but the thinking behind Obama going to war with Iran is that sanctions in and of themselves could be considered acts of war, as they cripple economies and have a great negative impact on the innocent civilians of the countries they are imposed upon.

Not to mention that the U.S. government in general seems to be intent on following Israel's lead when it comes to this stuff. And Israel has no reservations going to war with Iran. Obama won't stand up to them if they do.

SuperDude526

Had no reservations. Netanyahu has called it off.

travz21

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

[​IMG]

travz21

"If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action." - Ludwig von Mises

Politics has got to be the only subject where you can jump in and get a pat on the back for it.

You walk into a physics classroom and say "I think we should try and reduce gravity so climbing up mountains is much easier" and you get laughed at. Walk into a political forum and espouse a viewpoint that essentially boils down to American women having access to free birth control > Pakistani women having access to a death-by-US-drone-free life and you're told it's good you have an opinion.

Being interested is fine and all, but the difference is that in politics your stupid opinions affect other people and other lives instead of just your own.

If people are too stupid, too corrupt, or too greedy to run their own lives, why would a government, made up of people, be any better?

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

So how do you suggest overcoming the obviously flawed system?

SuperDude526

Way to attempt to make a sound argument out of two wholly unrelated circumstances.

travz21

[​IMG]

Edit: 'Every Person Is Afraid of the Drones': The Strikes' Effect on Life in Pakistan

We've been doing shit like this in the middle east for the last 60 years, and really heavily the last 20. It's no wonder some of their citizens grow up wanting revenge after the complete hell we rain down on them.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    Brandon

Iran's president doesn't seem to think there's any difference between Obama and Romney and Bush and _______ either.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/ahmadinejad-us-election_n_2092035.html

He's not wrong.

SuperDude526

As the saying goes, consider the source. His own people think he's crazy.

Brandon

And then this comes out.

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/08/first-on-cnn-iranian-jets-fire-on-u-s-drone/?hpt=hp_t3

Iranians fired at an unarmed U.S. drone flying in the Persian Gulf and people are upset. Of course, no one thinks to ask why this country is flying drones over an area it is not at war with to begin with.

It's like walking through someone's back door and chilling in their basement, and then acting offended when they scream at you to get the hell out. No, you weren't necessarily doing anything harmful, but why the fuck are you there?

Edit: After re-reading, the drone was in international air space, so the analogy doesn't work for this particular instance.

travz21

Don't forget how we assassinated one of their scientists. We aren't held accountable for anything. We can kill hundreds of thousands of people and nothing happens. Well, the '93 World Trade Center bombing happens. The '98 United States Embassy Bombings happens. 9/11 happens. Everything fucked up we do to other countries eventually comes full circle.

Just with Iran we're oppressing ~75 million people. Not to mention all the other countries in the middle east we're screwing with.