Best & Worst LIVING THINGS Tracks

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Kmid24, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Best: Castle Of Glass

Worst: I'll Be Gone

My reasoning: I'll be gone seems very generic. The strings aren't predominant and the music it's self just lacks a certain creative edge.
    Castle Of Glass is a standout track and was instantly a favorite. I've been a fan since the beginning and the song is so strong that it's one of my favorite songs of all time. I could give you several reasons why I love this song. :)

2. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

From favorite to least favorite:
    1. In My Remains
    2. Tinfoil/Powerless
    3. Victimized
    4. Castle of Glass
    5. Until It Breaks
    6. Skin To Bone
    7. Roads Untraveled
    8. Lies Greed Misery
    9. Burn It Down
    10. Lost In The Echo
    11. I'll Be Gone

3. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

My favorite would still have to be Castle of Glass. As far as quality goes, that's not just a good song on the album, it's a good fucking song period. One of my favorites.

Really, the rest of Living Things wasn't too stand-out. I love it, and there's some great stuff to listen to, but aside from Castle of Glass and Powerless I wouldn't call anything "extraordinary" by LP's standards.

4. Luis Shinoda

Luis Shinoda Member

Seeing how some people choose LIT as a one of the worst song makes me think they're joking or they're fuck up, meh, peoples tastes are weird anyways.
    As for me, I'd say that there's not any worst song in the album, I love them all, but for replay value I'd say that Lies Greed Misery, Victimized and Burn It Down-(because I've listened to it like 10000 times since it's release. lol) lose.

5. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

The main thing why I love LT is because it shows the talent of all the other members! Their voices that is!

6. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

So true... Still a great album...

7. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I actually just had an epiphany that Skin To Bone is not only my favorite song from this album, but definitely one of my favorite Linkin Park songs.

It's just so...strange. The big beats, the creepy melody, the chanting. I understand not everyone is a fan of the lyrics but the first half is really good in my opinion. It's much darker than most of what LP has written; it pretty much seems to be talking about murdering someone or fantasizing about them being stabbed.

It's also the only Linkin Park song I'd describe as "trippy" or maybe even a bit "psychedelic." If you listen to the acapella, there's so many weird vocals going on, lots of low pitched stuff, random harmonies, screaming. They really seem to have tinkered with this one and I just love the way it turned out.

As for the entire album, I guess I'll rank them like this:

Skin To Bone
    Roads Untraveled
    Until It Breaks
    Victimized
    Castle Of Glass
    I'll Be Gone (big personal lyrical connection with this one, otherwise I wouldn't rank it as high)
    In My Remains
    Tinfoil/Powerless
    Burn It Down
    Lies Greed Misery
    Lost In The Echo

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  8. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yes, the chorus of STB is quite psychedelic and hypnotizing, it almost makes me think of 70's psyche bands.

Love it!

9. Filip

STB has been my second favorite since the album was released... Never got why it got that much hate around here...

10. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Agreed. It has such an electrifying feel and its just like Chester said, "it has all these beats just pounding in your face". Linkin Park, unfortunately, still has moron fans that only care about crappy songs like LITE because they bitch about wanting more HT and Meteora albums so they really won't be as excepting of other tracks unless it ends up as a single

11. Qwerty19

Well, was it necessary to bring down LITE?

LITE is way more energetic and anthemic than STB. STB is more experimental, hypnotizing, and smooth. That's it, really.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  12. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

In his deffense the more I listen to it the more I dislike LITE. I just don't like the rapping.

13. Filip

Totally agreed. Verses are horrible (stuff like: ''You were that, foundation, never gonna be another one, nooooooooooo...'') and it gets a little better in the breakdown... It's not really that good of a song...

14. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Don't know why,People here hate LITE..It is hell good of a song -anthemic and powerful..People here only hate it because it sounds a bit like Old LP..Nobody cares about the awesome melody or mindblowing combination of guitars and electronics.All they really care about is just its weird lyrics(little bit) and the fact that it sounds like old LP.
    Come on,Skin to bone also has a type of weird lyrics..

15. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

You right.
    We hate LITE because it was made for the old-skool fans. They destroyed an amazing "New Age" style demo, and they made a generic Nu-Metal song with bad lyrics and electronics.
    Skin To Bone is million times better IMO, the lyrics is deeper than most of LP's lyrics, the vocals in the chorus are make you fly and the beats are just "pounding your face".

16. Qwerty19

Simply put, LITE is not nu metal. Not at all. Having rapping and screaming in a song doesn't make it nu metal. Having classic structure neither. The most easy way to know if a song is nu metal or not is to look at the guitar work and tone. And the guitars in LITE are pussy guitars compared to how distorded and loud nu metal guitars sound. I don't understand why people keep labeling LITE this way. Maybe because it's easier to bash a song you don't like by labeling it a style you don't like, I don't know. Anyway, it's more electro rock than anything else. Electro rap-rock if you prefer.

"Right to left left to right".

Then, ok, there might be a deep meaning in the song, but the way it's executed lyrically is not the best IMO.

17. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Ok, let's say it's an Electro Rap-Rock song with Nu-Metal elements. Anyway, I don't hate the song. It's cool. It just had a bigger potential to be a more experimental song.
    Well, the "Right to left" part is really not the best part lyrically but overall, it has a deep meaning.
    The problem is that most of the people criticize the lyrics of the song because of that line.

18. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Very few fans out here who actually appreciate LITE for the way it is..
    Really sad

19. Qwerty19

I do. And I can assure you that a lot of people do. But you came here when only those who don't were talking ^^

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  20. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Why don't you explain the "deeper meaning" then? Because, while that song is in no way a bad song, the lyrics mean nothing in the context they're used in. It's just a bunch of similes and metaphors that don't mean anything on their own.