LOST IN THE ECHO Indaba Remix Contest Winners Announced

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Nov 15, 2012.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

The winners of the LOST IN THE ECHO Indaba Remix Contest have been announced.

Check out Dual Personality's winning entry HERE and the Popular Vote Winner Elle Vozza's entry HERE.

Check out the 5 Honorable Mentions below:

Dunlap Music - Lost in the Echo (DUNLAP REMIX)
    Ezhi the Great - Lost in the Echo (EZHi remix)
    Hann with Gun - Lost in the Echo (Hann with Gun remix)
    EarlyRise Band - Lost In The Echo (EarlyRise Band Remix)
    Mykel Dunn -Lost in the echo [(S)Laughter Remix]

What do you think about the winning entries? What were your favorite entries? Let us know in our forums!​

Source: Indaba Music via m_macdonald

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Club friendly doesn't mean unique or creative or winner worthy. I love this band, and I don't mean to sound like an asshole here...but I have no clue what they thought in picking this over the 1,300+ other entries.

I mean absolutely no offense to the winner, or the band but I heard far better entries than this outside of the top 10. I feel like none of the other entries were even listened to and that the voting/decision making process was just constrained to the popular vote winners. The entry that won is okay, but to me it's a generic club track and certainly not worthy of the grand prize. Is it a great remix by itself? Yes. But there were so many far more creative, far more involved and far more unique remixes outside of the top ten that got absolutely no love in this contest. I know I'll get flack for my views, but when you see the absolute quality of NoBrain's remix (that was pretty much in dead last) and compare it to this, it's like "what happened?".

Congratulations to the winner, but I don't agree with the choice. I'm sorry. And before anyone accuses me of such...I'm not bitter because my remix didn't place. I know it wasn't the best, and I would've been shocked had it been picked as such.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

The remix that won is alright. A bit generic (as in: it's giving me a déjà vu when listening to it) but solid nonetheless. However, I do think there were better remixes out there and, with no doubt, more creative remixes. Even some brilliant remixes that were like waaay back in the leaderboard ranking.

It's sad to see that it seems accessibility and overall secureness won over creativity. But honestly (and not to sound all negative about this), I wasn't really expecting any different so yeah.

Anyways, not saying the winners are bad, not at all! Congratulations to all who've won!

Basically, this.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

To be honest, I didn't really like any of the entries a whole lot. Some were good, but nothing I would really listen to more than once or twice. LITE itself is an overrated song anyways

rostasliwka

rostasliwka RS

kinda same feeling as Derek here... feeling bit disappointed... is it just a coincidence that the winner chosen from all the submissions was the 7th in the community voting? as it was said, it's a quality work, well-mastered and everything, but I don't feel like it's the "winner"...

Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

I've listened to tons of remixes but only voted for Dual Personality's. I've loved this remix right away, so I'm not surprised about this decision. I'm also not surprised people aren't happy with it. We all have different taste and we all have picked one or more favorites during the contest. There were soooo many entries, of course we all have different #1s.

Sombra de Ganon

Sombra de Ganon New Member

I agree. They say that LP wasn't given the rankings when they were listening to the mixes but what's to stop them from going to the site directly. Something feels very off here.

Even worse when the grand prize winner broke the rules by spamming and posting the mix on youtube. Oh well, I had fun.

The_Unknown

The_Unknown Active Member

I believe NoBrain's remix doesn't deserve to be mentioned above others just because he won once. This time around, for my personal taste, his remix was unlisteneable.
    The contest gives -how much?- 1000$ as price? When there is money in play somehow I don't think the band is priorely involved, but most likely Warner. I let you indovine all the possible conjectures I'm thinking about right now through this last sentence....

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Come on guys, just be happy...

EDIT: Taking to the internet to say how something doesn't deserve to win is more cliche than the two winning songs.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Ree missed a hoe giving CJ a BJ because of this shitty news post so I thought I better go post in here.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

The song is good but it isn't adventurous or anything unique going for it which is why I an understand the anger of some people.

Oh well

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

This. Quite disappointed, not because I didn't win... well, ok, so I'm disappointed I didn't win. I accept it. Off for a coffee and a quick cry in the toilet before continuing with life. Brb.

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

The winning remix was insane. I loved every second of it. How isn't it creative or good? Because your mix lost? This is going to be a relapse of two years ago where everyone bitches about the winner at first, but then will be in love with it the next day and will jump on anyone who bashes it

Derek

Read my post again, I didn't say it "wasn't good". I said on it's own standalone it's a good mix, but compared to many remixes outside of the top 10, it wasn't the best.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Oh come on. Do people even take these remixes that seriously?

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

I thought the idea of fansites was that we didn't have to see negative comments towards things ;)

Derek

Maybe on other fansites perhaps, but on here we don't exactly hold our tongue. Our members are honest about their opinions here.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

It was ok but eh...a little miffed but it's whatever time to go make new music.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Dual Personality remix is good, but there are better ones on there.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Did you even listen to any other remixes? There were a lot more really creative ones. They just weren't promoted as well.