LPU 12 Details and Tracklist

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Homecoming is so good

2. chayand1

chayand1 Well-Known Member

Isnt ''Homecoing'' a song played in the intro of the LPTVs of 2009 or 2010? (I dont remember the exact year)

3. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Homecoming is played in the Power The World Animated video.

4. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

Valentine's Day was just really cringe worthy for me. I'm all for songs of that tone and structure, but it just didn't hit the mark for me. In Between was just really bland and boring. No Roads Left was the better track for me. I don't deny the lyrics of any of these songs being good, but it's not enough for me to love the songs.

If LP wanted an anthem, it should have been something far more aggressive as seen in Debris and not some plea for help that is Hands Held High.

The lyrics in these demos obviously weren't perfect, but that's because the songs weren't done -- so what do you expect?

Please explain.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  5. LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

HOw long does it take to recognize your membership? I just bought the Plus one and it acts like I'm not logged in whenever I try to do something like go to the community section or buy merch from the lpu store.

6. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

So this came out on my birthday, the 16th of Nov. Pretty awesome.

7. lukidtm

lukidtm Member

a lot of peopel got these probolems..

me too :(

I prefere LPU X or LPU 11, but the tracks on LPU 12 are nice too...

I love the asbestos/ Given up mashup ... so awesome .. Thanks for doing this!

Luki

:D

8. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Debris' lyrics are aweful and the music is annoying. That simple.

Bunker has potential, hate it as is.

Asbestos is good, not as good as what's already on the album.

9. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

Like I said, I'm assuming the lyrics would be subject to change if they ever saw a final version. But fair enough...

What do you like about the MtM songs?

10. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

It's hard to explain. But whenever I start adding and replacing songs I just get the feeling it wouldn't be as good. The only thing I could see is no roads left over what I've done. The rest would hinder the album imo. Lp is generally pretty good about deciding what does and doesn't go in the final product.

11. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Linkin park should of put debris on ats

12. linkinparkluvr224

linkinparkluvr224 Well-Known Member

absolutely not. there is no way they could've put that song on a thousand suns and had it be good unless they literally changed the whole entire thing.

i dont know if its just me or not but the beginning of debris, those hits, it reminds me of a 90s pop song. backstreet boys, britney spears...sounds just like that stuff. it makes me laugh a fair bit.
    someone on tumblr described debris as 'so fort minor like' as i was in the middle of listening to the whole cd and i got really excited, because when i think of 'fort minor like' i think of there they go, petrified, in stereo, wretches and kings, until it breaks, etc. so i saved debris for last thinking it was going to be a 'go hard or go home' kind of song. but then i listened to it and was just 'eh'. its good but not like GREAT. another one of those demos where its obvious why it was a demo/b-side and never made it anywhere.

i agree with all of this. not a fan of valentines day, not a fan of in between. still upset that they chose in between over no roads left because no roads left just has a bit of energy to it where as in between is just boring as all hell. minutes to midnight is honestly my least favorite album, when compared to the rest of linkin park's albums. not that i dont like it at all, because i do. but its just. idk. its weird to me. i get a vibe that something wasnt right with that album and its just off.

13. Kameiko

Kameiko Ketchup Face

Really loving this CD. Bought it Digitally earlier today! Really love Asbestos!

14. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

While I agree on the fact that MTM could have been better (it's basically the only record I have a problem with the final tracktlist), I don't think the addition of bunker/asbestos/Debris would have made it better. Those demos are still too raw to compare them to the songs which ended up on the record...they would have needed a lot more production to see their true potential. Abestos, especially, could have been a killer track to me, but as it is now, it feels uncompleted.

On the other side, I still think MTM would have been better with ATL, WWDK, Blackbirds, No Roads Left, and Qwerty. I just love those 5 tracks, but that's just my opinion :)

15. Sibranex

Sibranex Member

QWERTY to me would have felt so out of place with all the other songs that ended up making it onto MtM. I can't remember where I read it or whatever but wasn't a whole batch of songs written for the third album thrown into the trash before the band wrote songs that were more "MtM-ish"? I wonder if any of the demos we have fall into the initial or later batch of ideas. QWERTY would have probably fit a lot better with the stuff they came up with between like 2003 and 2006.

16. linkinparkluvr224

linkinparkluvr224 Well-Known Member

if mike couldve rapped some sick verses over bunker, then i would say putting bunker on mtm would've made it the best album ever. i was a bit upset with bunker listening to it the first time because i just crave some amazing 'spit in your face' verses from mike on that song. so bad. ugh.

but yeah i agree with you, adding most of these onto mtm wouldnt have done too much. especially asbestos, seeing as given up is pretty similar, musically, to asbestos anyways.

17. Qwerty19

Well, MTM was already a weird album to begin with. In Between, Given Up, and HHH on the same record? Each of those 3 already feel out-of-place when we compare them to each other :lol: So Qwerty would just have been one more different song. And it isn't that far from Given Up style.

But anyway, when thinking about it, what happened was not that bad, since it gave us Qwerty and the actual MTM tracks, instead of only Qwerty :)

18. Sibranex

Sibranex Member

Yeah I see what you mean :D. I guess in my mind even Given Up is a step away from the LP I was used to at that point, whereas if I heard QWERTY on the album I would have went "Oh damn that's heavy! Heard this style before though". It would have been a safe song on there, but they seemed to really not want that.

19. Qwerty19

It's curious, as I've always seen Qwerty (the studio version at least) as more close to Given Up than to their old material lol I don't know, when I listen to them one after another, I just feel like they share the same punky heavy style. Even though Qwerty has the rap verses and all, it's way more raw than old LP; guitars sounds more "crunchy", vocals aren't multi-layered, ect. But, yeah, I don't think it had even a chance to be on MTM anyway, since it was written only for LP 2006 summer tour.

20. I Like Cheese

I Like Cheese Well-Known Member

Is it just me but are the verses for So Far Away somewhat reminiscent in tone to something Deftones would put out?