LPU 12 Details and Tracklist

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

For those who don't like Debris, I felt the beat and concept was on the right track. The lyrics admittedly are not the band's best but with some tweaking I feel it could've been a decent song, or even a good Fort Minor track.

2. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

This is the part where people think Pale and Debris would be superior editions to the album, and this is also the part where people post their equations of what release they think is better. yawn.

3. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I agree. I think it's also pretty clear that Debris was a primarily Mike track. First time I heard it, I thought it sounded a bit like an up-tempo Slip Out The Back. Sounds more like a Fort Minor song than a Linkin Park song.

4. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I wanted some Chester vocals in these demos. I really want to hear some ATS demos

5. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Think about the HT fans who had to wait more than 10 years to get some unreleased demos from that era then :lol:

ATS demos will surface one day or another, but the album is not that old after all. Then, of course, I'm interested in hearing demos from that record.

6. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Hopefully not getting ATS demos on LPU12 means some might be recycled and used for the next album.

7. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

I actually thought the same, lol.

8. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

I wonder if they aren't releasing demos from ATS because they don't want it to effect the album itself, since it was a theme/concept when it was finished.

9. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

That's actually what I've thought before. ATS is supposed to be one seamless entity, so I could understand them not putting out unused material from that time.

10. unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

Anyone a little dissapointed with this one?? Compared to previous lpu cds this is the first one where there isnt one track im going crazy for. It just feels like the demos are kinda getting weaker and it makes sense cause im sure they pull from what they think are the best and with this being like the 5th cd of demos they gotta be getting low on quality stuff. My biggest dissapointment was once again, NO METEORA DEMO WITH THE PIANO! this one....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD3eWJBrSZI They obviously have at least that part tracked and i remember on the making of meteora lptv ep where they showed rob tracking drums to it. I wish i could find that again. I just dont get it. From what i remember from the lptv ep it sounded pretty finished and great! Anyone know any details on this song!? Im going to start asking the band for this on next year. I know the version on the link i gave is fan made but it really does sound SPOT on from the one we all know. AND where there hell is grecian!?

11. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I kind of agree that this one was no where near as good as the last few. But I think they're not even close to being out of quality demos. These guys always write a shitload of demos. As far as the meteora demo and grecian goes I think they'll show up eventually.

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I will quote Kacy from my Facebook, as it's the perfect response to the two above posts:

As time goes on, the band is going to be having less and less material to release on these CDs that are "quality". We should just be thankful we're getting demos to begin with. Some of these on this CD are still very good. For example, it's sad that Asbestos didn't get fleshed out more. I can only assume it's because it's very identical to Given Up.

And "So Far Away" is fantastic if you consider the band was working with limited equipment. The chorus is something I could've expected on Hybrid Theory.

13. LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

And I still cannot log in to LPU. So far I haven't been able to enjoy my membership.

14. l4g_testify

l4g_testify Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to hear the 2 meteora songs on the making of meteora. One Chester sings "just drag it out, remember" and the other Chester sings something like "____ take away my pride ____ deep inside". Anyone know about those? And the figure 09 demo on there too sounds totally diff from the demo we got on lpu9 and the final version

15. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I though those 2 tracks (Asbestos and So Far Away) were the coolest we got this time!

Personnaly, I don't even mind the quality of the tracks anyway. I just love to have that insight into the LP music process. For me, it's really interesting to see thoses phases they went through when writing music, like, for example, that grungy 98 phase we didn't really know of before they released Slip/Blue/So Far Away.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  16. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Dear Lord don't let this happen. Primo was slaughtered and turned into shit. Tinfoil was twisted to seem like a LT track, but at it's core we know it's from the ATS sessions. Not the case with Primo.

I hope they don't ever use another ATS demo again for the future albums.

17. NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

I think you can, by adding the membership to your cart and then adding the other lpu albums you want.

18. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

If only they would have finished these demos.

1. Unfortunate
    2. Faint
    3. A-six
    4. Pepper
    5. Halo
    6. Ominous
    7. Program
    8. From the Inside
    9. Nobody's Listening- w/ better lyrics
    10. Figure 09 w/ raw sound and better lyrics
    11. Drawing
    12. Numb

I would have loved a Meteora like this

19. jedibeaner

jedibeaner Well-Known Member

I've been apart of LPU since 1.0, but I stop renewing when the price went up to 60$. Too freakin expensive.

20. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'd love to hear what you think of all of LP's other demos that nobody's ever heard then, since you were apparently a fly on the wall during the A Thousand Suns recording sessions and magically know what the original demos of Primo and Tinfoil sounded like in comparison to their final versions! :rolleyes: