REMINDER: Linkin Park Set to Perform AMAs Tomorrow

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Nov 18, 2012.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I am credited as a contributor for the first time EVAH :awesome:

Congrats LP!

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

BID? Ugh

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

BID? Yes please.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Oh so THAT'S what BID sounds like with the guitar loud enough to be audible.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

BID live > BID studio

Just sayin'...

EDIT: Not their best performance of BID. The one in Monterrey was pretty damn near perfection.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Well I'm happy about that they performed BID because I love that song so much. Cool performance btw.

lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

They all seemed a little bit bored. And poor Chester's voice when it cracked lol. I think he needs a rest from singing for a while. I still think they should've performed Lost in the Echo though or CASTLE OF GLASS! They just released it as a single, sorta. I dont understand why they haven't played it yet.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I was distracted with Brad's glasses, Joe's ring and Phoenix's bag. *snickers*

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Promote LT? It's 6 1/2 months old now. Everyone heard BID a billion times, they should have played LITE or something else old. Sick of BID

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

LITE wasn't really a huge single and its music video was constrained mostly to the internet (due to it's "interactive" nature). Thus despite being on the radio, the song never got the mass promotion that it should have. LIES GREED MISERY was just a promotion done via the scavenger hunt and had no video filmed for it. CASTLE OF GLASS is too new of a single and isn't a huge hit yet as it hasn't had a chance to really be heavily promoted since it was only released a few weeks ago. So what does that leave? BURN IT DOWN. A single that exploded on the charts, and was one of the most popular songs of the summer as well as one of the most popular that the band has released in recent memory. It was on music video channels, used in the NBA Finals and was all over the internet etc. The logical choice to play was BURN IT DOWN, even if you yourself are sick of it.

CASTLE OF GLASS will be played live soon, and then you guys can get sick of that song too :p.

And honestly, why shouldn't they still be promoting LT 6 1/2 months after it's release? The purpose of touring for an album is to promote it, and LP will be touring in support of LIVING THINGS for at least another year yet.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

That was cool of Mike to shout out the LPU. Also, great performance. BID is a great live song. At the recent show I was at it was easily one of the best performances.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I get ya, but i think BID is becoming the most overrated LP song more than ITE and Numb, personally i like to hear underrated LP songs live when they hows like this.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

I found it psychologically amusing on an academic level to observe Linkin Park's win.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I disagree with playing BID. It was over done. BID has been played live since Billboard awards earlier this year. LITE should have been played. It would have given the song a lot of exposure.

And I agree. An album should be promoted even now. It's called the Living Things tour. It's stupid to stop promoting an album just after 6 months. The whole purpose of touring is the promote it.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It's really incredible how far the band has come. Back in 2003/2004 I used to shout at the TV screen in front of my sibling and friends about how one day celebrities and music-lovers alike would be standing when the band came on-stage. I never expected it to come to fruition, let alone only ten years later.

Really a shame that WB and the band failed to push Lost in the Echo and Castle of Glass to the forefront as they did with Burn it Down. That track is a bore to listen to live.

hybridsoldi3r

hybridsoldi3r Member

Lol I know everything you said man I was joking I know they wouldnt play those, I was only wishing. But on a serious note, they should have played LITE

Liefx

Liefx Member

0:56 Cheester's voice
    2:52 Chester looses tempo
    3:45 Joe messes up

Mike is off a few times, but that's normal :p

Love these guys, but I've seen them do way better.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Not entirely related but...Hey it's Joe Hahn!

[youtube]WOyo7JD7hjo[/youtube]

4:58 - 5:00