Favorite Linkin Park era

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by crashandburn24, Nov 2, 2012.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Thank you, NoN! :)

wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

Wow Hybrid, that's a well said post.

Hybrid

Thank you, Waka! :awesome:

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

The Minutes to Midnight period. All the music from then was outstanding, even all the b-sides are fantastic!

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Very good post, Joe. Hearing about the earlier eras (which I wasn't around for) from your perspective brings those years into a new light for me, and I can imagine how great it must have been to be a fan at that point in time. Thanks for the insight!

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

ATS era.

Hybrid

Thank you! Those days were a lot of fun. My only wish was that I had joined the LPA sooner... I think it would have been cool to see the reaction from people and see how they've changed over the years.

Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

Well, I've been a fan since 2004, but at that time I wasn't really active online and I never really caught any news of the band. In 2008 I was a bit sick of LP, not because I didn't like them anymore, but because I've just listened to the songs way too often and MTM wasn't really the album that kept things exciting for me. I lost track of the band until 2010, when I suddenly saw an ad of ATS online. That was the time when I got really active on Twitter and met tons of LP fans online. From that time on, I feel like I'm a part of a community, instead of just being some fan of a band. So, long story short, the ATS era definitely changed a lot for me, the album changed my whole perception of the band as artists, so 2010 was probably the most important LP year for me.
    BUT LIVING THINGS era is/was so much fun! From the release of BURN IT DOWN, the puzzles, the Scavenger Hunt, the fact that I've organized a Listening Party that was supported by Warner and the band (especially Mike), the founding of my own fansite LPFC with the cool interviews with the fansite admins (Hey Derek!), and the crew members. LP2012 just rocked sooooo hard!

crashandburn24

crashandburn24 Forfeit the game

wow nice write up Hybrid. It is pretty cool how you break it down like this

DyingThing

DyingThing Banned

Meteora definitely, with Minutes following very closely behind, I savoured every LPTV episode during these eras.

Hybrid

Cheers!

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I'd say 2009-2011 is my favorite "era."

It's probably weird to start with a year that didn't even have any new Linkin Park music in it, but I really enjoyed 2009 because of Mike's blog posts. Reading those studio updates straight from Mike was always so exciting. Hearing about demo names and new sounds and interviews that toyed with the idea of a "concept" album just gave this feeling that the next album was going to be something really interesting. And of course, it was.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I think each era is awesome in its own way but a thousand suns and living things are special to me because they were my first Lp albums

crashandburn24

crashandburn24 Forfeit the game

One thing about Linkin Park that I like is how they bridge the gap in between albums with releasing LPU material or stuff like Lockjaw, new divide, Collision course, games and just being involved with fans in general, they always have stuff going on