Linkin Park studio album collection to be released on January 15

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

It's fun seeing everyone defending Linkin Park against the evil record label Warner.

Derek, you had an interesting view on this all, might be true. I don't really want to give up on Linkin Park but Living Things was a huge let down. If you make an album like that and make an album collection like this, my 2 words are; SELL OUT

Even though I myself have always defended Linkin Park of the word; sell out (especially in the A Thousand Suns-era) Possibly their only non-sellout album. Herp, I don't know what to think of Linkin Park anymore, I wish for them music > money but I'm doubting them. :help:

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

When you make it big in the music industry you're an automatic sellout, i never wanted to believe that LP would become sellouts but they are now.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

You can't miss what you don't have.

Edit: Jesus Christ what the fuck is wrong with some people? If I only had one or two Linkin Park albums I'd jump on this without second thought. I swear y'all are just finding ways to dislike the band.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    sumofxero

sumofxero Member

How does this make them sell outs? Please explain -_-

Geki

Geki >.

I could care less about this. There are more bands doing this, too. It's basically just giving you a band's main catalog for a cheap price. It's not a greatest hits album, and it doesn't mean the band is breaking up, or that the band is leaving Warner, or any of that. It just means they are making a bundle for people who want all LP's album for a digital release. That's all. Wouldn't mind if LP through a couple demos on here, though.

Spidey

Spidey Member

Thing is, i have this question about some specific material. If LP have a hard drive somewhere, with the songs that they were going to release during the Meteora sessions instead of what we've got, by going independent, can we expect them to release their real sophomore album?

Ginger

Ginger Orangutan LPA VIP

Yeah, i'm interested to see what happens to their demos while they were with Warner (also the Hybrid theory band demos etc). I hope for the best that their old material stays with them. Anyways, very interesting to see what happens from here on. We'll have to wait and see.

bullettrain

bullettrain Well-Known Member

I agree, it would be very interesting if they went the route of NIN and Radiohead, what would happen to all those demos.

As a thought, would re-recording demos or songs once you're out of a label contract make you the owner of that copy, even though the original is still owned by a label? EG: LP created SIB during the Meteora sessions. Would rerecording SIB (with extended intro) with LP being the original creators of the song be possible? Just a thought. We'll have to wait and see. I hoping their last release on Warner would be a live rarities album. That would be a nice way to end their relationship with Warner

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I'd love to see LP leave WB. And be independent.
    Oh, and, I believe couple of months ago Green Day too released a physical box set of their studio albums...

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

SUB-ZERO

Anyways.... The good news is, I already own this "collection" of studio albums. So, no "Shut Up and Take My Money!" moment this time! :awesome:

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

It's a cheap way for people to get all of Linkin Park's albums. Why is this a problem at all?

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

It'd be cool if they left Warner and just release via Machine Shop. I don't know what else to say. With the lack of info, everything is speculation at this point.

I like the cover art.

InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom Active Member

Dammit, my heart skipped a beat when I read "Linkin Park studio album to be released..."

Oh well, everybody on this board already owns all albums so it's pointless for us. And I hope all those "Sell Out!" comments are ironic, LP probably had absolutely nothing to do with this decision.

I think the more interesting topic here is that the Mall soundtrack will contractually count as a Linkin Park album. o_o I wonder if it will universally be seen as the real next studio album, just like the Flash Gordon soundtrack is seen as a real Queen studio album or Who Made Who as a real AC/DC album.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Machine Shop is under Warner, right?

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

If Linkin Park was in it only for the money, then I don't think Mike would have acted the same way that he was when LIVING THINGS was released.

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

So they should leave Warner Bros. and release music via Warner Bros? Machine Shop Recordings is just a Warner Bros. imprint, it's still basically Warner.

My "SELL OUT" comment was indeed ironic, because anyone calling Linkin Park "sell-outs" at this point in their career is basically a fool.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If you go by the literal definition of selling out: the band sold out the minute they signed to Warner Brothers or went on a movie soundtrack. So all this "omg sellout" talk is just plain loony. If the band keeps making good music who cares how they sell their music.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Scratch my words then, didn't know that.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Even though a bunch of us already have all the albums, it would be cool if this was released physically as well :)

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

As a collector, I still don't think I would get it unless there is something new in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.