New Fort Minor album 2014/2015/2016

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by LinkinParkCroatia, Jan 18, 2013.

visioniscary

visioniscary Well-Known Member

maybe yes, maybe no

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I hope he improves his rhymes on this one...

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

As much as I just want Linkin Park music, I've always thought a post-ATS Fort Minor album could be something really good. Mike's (and the rest of the band's) lyrical work is just so improved since Minutes To Midnight. And that's even more important in a hip-hop album.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I personally think his rapping got worse after MTM. The quick and subdued flow he had a little over a decade ago fits his persona better than trying to be Jay-Z. Mike doesn't have that big of a voice and he flat-out doesn't have the raw talent it takes to do braggadocio. I love the Rising Tied, but if Mike tried to remake that with the lyrics and flow he had on Living Things, he'd look foolish. I'd still listen to it, but I also bought into the hype of the Great American Rap Album.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
    Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I only liked Remember The Name. Asides from that, TRT wasn't really a good album in my opinion, but I'm always up for anything new.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

I agree. Remember the Name is an awesome song. There are a few others that I liked too but it's not like an album that I usually listen in full length.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

That album is incredible, and RTN is one of weaker spots. And it's still awesome.

Too bad DBS wasn't half that good.

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

On The Rising Tied:
    I think "Remember The Name" and "Petrified" are made to be radio anthems. "Where'd You Go" ended up being the biggest one but it wasn't written solely for charts. The album as a whole is brilliant. I think "The Battle" was a waste of space though, a cheesy interlude. I'm a fan of all rap, whether it's as mainstream as Lil Wayne, mainstream yet real like Nas, or underground like Typical Cats.. and this has to be one of the best albums i've ever heard. The verses are dope, the guest spots are dope, and the instrumentals... you already know.

On Album Two:
    I'd rather hear this than another Linkin Park album. We've had three diverse Linkin Park albums, one side project in DBS, and 4 demo/unreleased track compilations. I'd like to hear another hip hop album now. We need one more album from Fort Minor and this news has me excited. Now let's not get too excited though, you know Linkin Park and how quick they are to announce something that has little to no work put into it.

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

I really hope it stays hip hop like The Rising Tied. If it goes too weird and sounds like an ATS and FM mash up it would ruin FM.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

I'd rather have a LP rap/hip-hop album than a new FM album.

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

A second Fort Minor album would be awesome!

CarvingAGiant

CarvingAGiant An Excerpt of X

Call me nihilistic but I personally think that FM was sort of a one-time thing; an offshoot. But perhaps there will be a new album, sometime within the next millennium. Perhaps there could even be an entire new side-project, maybe something with Brad or Pheonix or Mr. Hahn. I dunno. Wishful thinking. This may sound like an extremely cliche dream of mine but I would really like to hear something reminiscent of the HT days or maybe even the demos.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Wow is this 100% legit straight from Mike's mouth? After all these years I've grown accustomed to Mikes usual response to another FM album with "I'm pouring all my Fort Minor energy into the next LP album" etc. So I've kinda grown to expect that. :lol:

Don't get be wrong, another FM album would make my year, but it will be a very different beast if it really does come to pass. Well, Atheistically at least. Mike isn't that ex Nu-metal rapper in a hoodie and baseball cap any more. So the style shift will be very different. But that being said, musically it could potenitally be somthing brilliant.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Well, I would rather want to hear something like "Debris". A solo rap/sing album. Or a solo "sing-only" album. An album, full of song like In Between or Roads Untraveled? Hell yeah to me.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

To be fair he said "I may be thinking out loud" after words.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

To be fair, the OP didn't use the best context for the quote. Like others have said, he was really just thinking out loud.

But, like you said, this is the first time Mike has answered a Fort Minor question with something other than the typical "I'm focused on Linkin Park right now" answer. And while I won't *expect* a Fort Minor album, it's worth keeping in mind.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I won't. Mainly because that's not what "nihlistic" means. Like, at all.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

:lol:

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

If it was for a sing-only record, I'd rather have Mike use a wider vocal range than what he does in In Between or Roads Untraveled.

I mean, I really like those 2 tracks, but my fear is that a full thing with Mike singing with that shy and soft voice would sounds very monotomous.

A rap/sing record seems more likely to me, and also more interesting :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Well-Known Member

Personally speaking, I am not looking forward to a Fort Minor album. I would welcome and appreciate it but wouldn't be comfortable with it. This is just my view, cause I neither like the rap in the Fort Minor albums. If it has something like what we have seen in Until it breaks and Victimized or even When they come for me, I would highly adore it. However that does fall into the Linkin Park's "Hybrid theory" thing.