Linkin Park/Sebago Collaboration Launch Party Interview With The Source Magazine

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Jan 24, 2013.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

The last half of LT is really good.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

You like heavy music, huh? Tell me, what's the heaviest band you listen to? Between the Buried and Me? Cynic? Sigh? Those are three progressive metal bands I dig and I'm more comfortable listening to the Roots and Janelle Monae. Linkin Park isn't at all heavy, especially compared to those bands. Early Linkin Park is Depeche Mode with more distorted guitars and rapping.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

The difference between ATS and HT isn't heavy vs soft. The HT sound wore itself out, and LP is never going back to that sound again.
    That is laughable. "ZOMG IM A HARDCORE FAN I'M MORE ENTITLED THAN YOU" is a really insulting thing to say to someone like Derek who's been running this site for over 10 years.

Here's a spoiler for you: Nobody cares. The HT ship has sailed. Move on. They're not making music for you.

And what's wrong with another ATS? Why are you so adamantly against the band using a 'push our boundaries' mentality? Another HT wouldn't be creative. It'd be a rehash. All you'd need to do is look at Meteora to confirm that.

All you're doing is succeeding in coming off as another whiny, entitled fanboy, lashing out at random people because they share a different opinion than you.

Grow up.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Grow up? Youre telling me to grow up because i dont like ATS? HAHAHAHAHA what a joke, i never said they need to make another
    ht i'd like them to but i know they are not just like the ppl who love ats need to come to terms that they will not make another ats album
    and stop obsessing with it.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm so glad we've kept on topic... As a fan that has loved and appreciated every era of Linkin Park's music, I still fully support them in anything they do next. Heavy, soft, polka, I don't care. They have a great track record with pleasing me as a fan. The future is still very bright for the band and I hope that whatever they make is what they want to make. That's what I care about more than anything. The band being true and honest to themselves. That really shows in the outcome of what they put out.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

If there any band that LP should follow that is Muse. Not in just mentality, maybe they should "borrow" some stuff from their sound. I thought LT is amazing until I heard The 2nd Law. It is just so much better then LT. The second half of LT is amazing. I can compare the second half of the album to ATS. But the first half... It has their moments; IMR or LGM but the rest of them is just something like HT and MTM mixed together. But here's what I want, as you said: ".......going way outside their comfort zone, to create music that breaks new grounds for them and takes them in unexpected directions."

Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

^This
    such posts save me from typing.:D

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

[​IMG]

Shmoanator

Shmoanator Guest

:pope:

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

It's statements like that, not your musical preferences, that make people tell you to grow up.

Anyways, back on topic. I agree with Hybrid, I support LP no matter what they sound like and I'm really excited for the Mall score/soundtrack. The movie is supposed to be really dark and I think that the music is probably going to refect that.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

:chuck:

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

What the hell are you people doing? What is this?!

GET THIS TOPIC BACK ON THE SHOES! :kappa:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

When did you get into the band? Because I don't usually act like a Linkin Park hipster, but I've been a fan of the band for 13, going on 14 years, and were into them long before they were "the nu-metal band" to love who sold millions of records, won a grammy and had several #1 hits. I liked them before In The End became a teen angst anthem, and before the TRL kiddies ate it up.

So unless you were into them even before that (in which mad respect to you for liking them during their Xero/Hybrid Theory days), I'm pretty sure it's a little premature to act like you've been a fan for longer than me. I've been a fan of this band a very long time. This site started 11 years ago, after I was already a fan for quite some time.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I used to listen to nothing but rap and hip hop back in the mid late 90's. The very first song i heard was step up and i said to myself this is epic so i found out they were this band called Hybrid Theory as you know not alot of people didnt know who they were back than. So i started to follow them, than i found out they changed their name to LP, than one step closer came out and the rest his history now i listen to nothing but rock and heavy stuff because of LP. And i hated rock and metal.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Yeah well I helped deliver Mike Shinoda when he was being born. I've been a fan ever since.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Well, *I* was a fan before Linkin was even a Park!

Derek

I was a fan of Relative Degree. :kappa:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

If you're really 20 years old like your profile says... :facepalm:

Derek

What? I listened to rap when I was 4-5 years old too :kappa:.

Honestly, if anybody is still holding out hope that Linkin Park will go full on BACK TO DER ROOTZ or else they'll stop being a fan, it's probably due time you leave the fanbase because it's never going to happen. Linkin Park have said on countless occasions (even post LIVING THINGS) that they have no intentions of repeating themselves, and that they're done making Hybrid Theory clones. Hell the only reason LIVING THINGS even remotely resembled Hybrid Theory in spots was due to the fact that during the writing process, the band unintentionally created some 'old school sounding' tracks, and they decided that rather than trash a good song, if they enjoyed it they should just put it on the album. This in no way was signaling a full on return to 'DER ROOTZ', and anyone believing that is sadly mistaken.

Infact...I find it funny that people claim to be hardcore fans of the band, but completely misunderstand ATS in it's entirety. Phoenix famously said back in 2001 that the band didn't want to become a group where you could say "here's your rap verse, here's your hard rock chorus" and that they wanted to create music that was only "Linkin Park". And yet with Meteora and even parts of Minutes To Midnight, that's exactly what they became. A formula following band. They turned into a band with a easily replicable sound, and who used the same structure (intro>verse>chorus>verse>chorus>bridge>chorus>outro) in every song and who started to become a parody of themselves once Collision Course came around. It's why many old school fans hate Meteora because it went against everything the band originally stood for. It was them using a formula, and sticking to what was popular instead of being their own band. A Thousand Suns is the closest to the original "idea" of Linkin Park since Hybrid Theory. It's the band defying categories, or formulas to make music only THEY could make...which was their intention as a band all along.

So sure, you can hate ATS. But to wish for a return to a stale sound, and therefore want the band to limit their creative output...well that's just completely missing the point of this band entirely and what they originally stood for, before they were even called Linkin Park.