LPA Monthly Mix-Up February 2013: STAGELIGHT

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Feb 2, 2013.

Tags:
    Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

[​IMG]

FEBRUARY 2013

But first, for those who don't know...

What Is the LPA Monthly Mix-Up?
    LPA Monthly Mix-Up is an ambitious concept intended to showcase the massive amount of musical talent currently unheard among the Linkin Park fan community. Every month, we will be challenging fans to compete and show off their musical skills, using any and all tools available to them to create their entry. At the conclusion of each competition period, our staff will then go through each entry submitted, and pick our absolute favorite to be featured on the site as the "Winner Of The Month". To promote fairness, runner ups will also be shown, but only one lucky Linkin Park fan will walk away with the honor of being featured as the "Monthly Winner"

Now That We Have That Out Of The Way...

Our official theme for the month of FEBRUARY 2013 is:

STAGELIGHT: BRUISER/SPACE STATION/COMPLIMENTARY

For the month of February, we are going to really try and push the envelope! Remixers are required to use any or all of the recently released Stagelight demos (Bruiser, Space Station, and/or Complimentary) in their entry. We would love to see musicians take the extra step in using any of the included Linkin Park sounds, stems, or samples that come with the software. Excluding these rules, remixers are encouraged to do whatever else is necessary to finish the demos! Good Luck!

IN ADDITION, FOR THIS SPECIAL MONTH, REMEMBER TO POST YOUR ENTRY TO SOUNDCLOUD AND TAG IT WITH #LPStageLight

OFFICIAL RULES

*HAVE THEME IDEAS FOR FUTURE MMU CONTESTS? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS*

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
    Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Wow, great theme! :lol: Good luck, remixers!

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

as Mike tweeted, tag it with #LPStageLight and post it on soundcloud so it submits to lpstagelight.com

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, if you're using StageLight, you can showcase your work alongside other StageLight tracks. :)

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Hm...
    I made a track with Bruiser and Space Station
    I actually uploaded it before but i deleted it again because it was too short
    Okay i tried to add some new stuff, but suddenly it turned out to a completely new song

Here we go!

[video=youtube;g7Yw2Osc5X4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Yw2Osc5X4[/video]

Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Frackin Frackers (",)

so do you have to purchase stagelight in order to enter i take it ?

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

actually you can download the stems somewhere (i dont know if i am allowed to upload it) and use them just like that

STAGELIGHT LINKIN PARK STEMS
    Bruiser / Space Station / Loop Jam 1 & 2

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
    roBot

roBot Well-Known Member

We are supposed to use StageLight to submit tracks to lpstagelight.com right?

good track, Patrick! I like how you incorporated the bruiser riff

Just my thoughts about future MMU themes:
    - Linkin Park x Movie Scores Month (like with 'The Raid' but this time we choose the score)?
    like Zak said in the January MMU thread: - Nu-Disco / Indie Dance (Example: http://youtu.be/s8EZFMKxtjI)
    - Chillstep / Trip-Hop
    - Funk / Soul / Jazz / Blues themed music
    - Moombahton / Chiptune (8-bit music) / Reggaeton
    I also think repeating months like 'Mash-Ups' or 'Acoustic' (and even other past styles) could showcase the progress we made & give those a chance to prove themselves who weren't around the time a theme was on...

Zane

For our competition, you can submit your remix onto Soundcloud or YouTube. In order to place your remix onto lpstagelight.com, you will need to upload your remix to SoundCloud and tag it with #LPStageLight! Good Luck!

And thank you for your MMU theme ideas! We will take them into consideration.

We do not require you to purchase the software to enter. We only require you to use the demos and sounds that come with SoundCloud. How you find it is up to you. But, yes, we do suggest that you purchase the software.

Fun remix! Remember to submit it to SoundCloud and tag it with #LPStageLight so Mike can hear it!
    I'm liking the track right now but I feel like you can definitely take it to the next level and really add more to it!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Although we should make it clear we HIGHLY SUGGEST you purchase Stagelight, as it's only 9.99 and quite an awesome program. :)

And Nu-Disco/Indie Dance could be interesting! Good suggestion!

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

I am ready.

Zane

The band that comes immediately to mind with the genre is of Verona. Definitely should check them out.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

...I actually have a REALLY cool idea for this one. I know I've said that a couple times before and it's pretty sad that I still haven't entered one of these, so hopefully I have time to get a remix done this time around.

Glen Orpheus

that's me out then, as i already have a DAW, i dont see the need in buying another one just for a comp...good luck to everyone, looking forward to hearing your entries :)

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Dude. Listened to them off your recommendation. Really enjoying it.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Listened to them and I really like their sound, kinda ATS-esque sometimes. Thanks for sharing!

One thing though, they are in no way Nu-Disco/Indie Dance :lol: Maybe a bit Indie Dance but honestly, they're more Indie Rock than anything else (certainly not Nu-Disco). Nu-Disco/Indie-Dance is music like Daft Punk, Justice, SebestiAn, Danger, DatA and §possibly the perfect example for both genres) Oliver.

On-Topic: seeing how this month seems to be more focused on Stagelight users, I'm probably gonna pass on this one.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well, in any case, this comp isn't restricting you to any particular DAW.

Zane

Glad you like the band. They're currently writing their second album and I'm pretty excited. Love them!

Like I said, there's slight influences off the genre but it is definitely not a full blown style. The electronic elements are definitely there and the disco (probably not nu-disco) sound can be found in the instrumentals. Anyhow, the ATS element can definitely be heard! If you ever listened to They Will Fall Like Roses, the structure definitely is similar to The Catalyst. And the second half is definitely reminiscent of IN MY REMAINS' second half.

Glen Orpheus

But doesn't everything that's needed come with stagelight ?
    Or am I missing something maybe

Zane

You can probably find the primary demo tracks (Complimentary/Space Station/Bruiser) online somewhere. Or rather, there might be a giant download on this page above somewhere. I'm going to have to remove that soon you know.