Do you see any live release on the horizon?

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by Spiderguy252, Feb 2, 2013.

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

It's been two studio efforts since RtR, is anything on the anvil for 2013, which will presumably be an album-less year? :)

InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom Active Member

I'd love to see a live album so we can get high quality versions of the LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent medley, Bleed It Out/Sabotage, Until It Breaks/Waiting for the End and of course live versions of the new songs.

I hope it will be better than A Thousand Suns+, the audio quality from that thing sucked so hard. Actually I dislike the audio quality from Road to Revolution too. Live In Texas was perfect, but I'm pretty sure that one was touched up A LOT in the studio.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

With the official bootlegs, there really is less need for them to put out live albums to be honest.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I was going to post the exact same thing

frenkie0902

frenkie0902 Well-Known Member

RtR was released as DSP too o_O

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

The only justification I could see in them putting out another live release is if it's only as a concert DVD/Blu Ray just for video footage. Not really any use of them to release a CD with it seeing as they have the DSPs on sale on their website. As Astat posted in another thread, the DSP of the Milton Keynes concert had better quality audio than the RtR CD.

LinkinParkCroatia

LinkinParkCroatia Active Member

ATS+ on Linkin Park Discography(source:Wikipedia) is put in Video albums section:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linkin_Park_discography

Wiki:
    "On March 5, 2011, Mike Shinoda announced the European release of A Thousand Suns +, a limited re-issue of the album, which would later be released on March 28, 2011. The re-release includes a live DVD of the band's full MTV Europe Music Awards concert at Puerta de Alcalá, Madrid on November 7, 2010, as well as a free MP3 of the show."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Thousand_Suns

Cure4thItch

Cure4thItch BEST IN THE WORLD

I find that when Linkin Park and crew don't deal with the mix post gig, it sounds better. For example, this could be a DVD.

[video=youtube;Dfv2J_iXFjw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfv2J_iXFjw[/video]

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

^ I think that was one of their best aired performances last year. I've watched it a few times now, and I'd love to see that made into a blu-ray release, along with the songs that were omitted from that particular broadcast. There's also pro-shot recordings of In My Remains, as well as a few other songs that were left out of that airing.

InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom Active Member

Wow, I've never seen that one. That is amazing, the audio quality is perfect! Why can't every LP live recording be like this? The vocals are crystal clear and the instruments are perfectly mixed. This sounds a thousand times better than Road to Revolution and ATS+.