LIVING THINGS CD + DVD 2 Disc Edition Surfaces with March 22, 2013 European Release Date

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 26, 2013.

A.06

A.06 Well-Known Member

That's my birthday. *hint* *hint*

colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

Mike stated in the surprise LPU chat today that WB had apparently forgotten all about the CD/DVD edition? Don't know If he was trolling or not lol

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Oh, I'd love that...

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

YAY! 1 hop3 dey sell dem @hot topix bc i work their & i can steal 1 :wub:

will dvds ply in blu-rye plyers?

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Interesting. Would have been better to do this while the album was released, but still good news nonetheless.

colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

I know right? So If that's the case that they have forgotten all about It then It could may well be the "making of" footage If not extra that we have already watched online or maybe an old recording from a show lol

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I really doubt Warner "forgot" to do the release. Didn't many fans (including me) talk and ask about it all over social media, and even annoyed band members and Adam for it? And they (Adam if I recall right) told us there wasn't going to be one because they decided to release the "making of" material online, and how awesome that would be, and blah blah blah...

If they really "forgot" to include that edition, I'm sorry but that would be a case of major stupidity.

EDIT: I just had an idea. What if they are releasing this "candy" because the whole LT:Remixed flopped? (I say 'flopped' because I'm yet to hear from anyone who liked the whole of it).. It's unlikely because the Remixes were only delivered through pre-orders, but who knows, I might even be right.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Living Things Remastered? :kappa:
    I still need to buy the Vinyl and the Australian Tour Edition, which isn't available anymore on Amazon Ger (Import). >,<
    Hope it will be something we didn't see yet, but my brain wants me to buy it in any case. ;P

EDIT : Link to CD + DVD Edition on Amazon Germany

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

I already told derek.
    the DVD will contain a live show from berlin. I can't tell you the details but derek knows what source I'm refering to. this could only count for the german release of this, I don't know, but would doubt it, since ATS got a re-release with the madrid show worldwide, too.
    so, with 99% certainty, we will get a DVD with the telekom street gig show from last year.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

They "forgot" and, then, remembered after you've (presumably) already bought "Living Things" in multiple forms. ;)

Okay, so ... is anyone here excited that this could be the case?

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I would have to see the performance. Chester has been hit and miss and even if he sounds good it would have to be a really epic show.

minuteforce

That and the mixing on live recordings has generally been less than stellar without Ethan Mates being involved. I wonder if they'll tweak the audio mix for this release

I guess I'll watch some of that footage again and see whether it sounds any good. I wish they could've picked a set that included more "Living Things" songs

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Holy shit, I just watched that concert that will be on the DVD. Was that edited like fuck, or did they really sound that good? Damn impressive if that was raw audio.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Well... That would be pretty boring... But I'm happy about any music they push down my throat. xD Only 3 Living Things songs on a Living Things Special Edition? Burn It Down, Lies Greed Misery, Tinfoil and Until It Breaks (together count as one for me). Burn It Down and Lies Greed Misery are already on the Australian Tour Edition CD#2... ... When I try to see the positive aspects: Very happy 'bout With You, Blackout, Ballad Medley, Sabotage bridge. I hope it is the full show and not just the TV cut. A Live CD+DVD/Blu-ray set would've been nicer.

This. ^_^

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

I wouldn't say no to a Living Things re-master, personally. :lol:

Sure, why not? It's a great show and any extra stuff that LP puts out is always good news in my book. :) Besides, the last live DVD they did was Road to Revolution? They're about due for a new one, in some form.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Well if you count A Thousand Suns + then their last live DVD was the Madrid show. Of their live DVD's (Texas, Milton Keynes, Madrid), I would actually say Road To Revolution was their weakest performance.

minuteforce

I meant that performance specifically, yeah - I slightly wish they'd picked a set which featured more "Living Things" songs but, again, that particular set is pretty cool, I guess. :)

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Smart of them IF they also launch a successful second single from this album. Would boost sales.

Very odd they would choose a show that only contains 2 songs from LT though...

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I would buy 10 copies of this if the DVD contained a high quality concert from the tinley park show. Chester had a great performance that day and the ampitheatre had to screw us over from getting our hands on the DSP. Damn Bitches. Though I highly doubt it. Not many shows from the Honda Civic/LIVING THINGS tour are good enough to be used for release.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Not odd, hilarious. :lol: