LIVING THINGS 2 Disc CD + DVD Contents Revealed: DVD to Contain Live Show from Berlin, Germany

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 1, 2013.

akidnamedallen

akidnamedallen New Member

so LP and Warner Bros. want to do a special re-release of a 7+ month old album, and to entice consumers, they want to package it with a 7+ month old performance, with an abbreviated setlist featuring only 2 tracks from the 7+ month old album? brilliant!

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

+1

Ugh my reply never sent.. So here it goes again:

I will get it regardless but why leave out The Catalyst?? And also Crawling is a song that I really like live :S

On another note, something similar happened during the Road to Revolution release, they left out a couple of songs, people complained and then they ended up adding then as a "bonus" or "hidden material".

Personally I don't see a reason why leave out some tracks, unless the whole show wouldn't fit on a DVD. Couple more songs from LT would've been nice but it's ok I guess.

Dizzy Slay

Dizzy Slay Well-Known Member

How does Warner always find the 1 or 2 things they can do to ruin an ENTIRE DVD!? "Lets shove two concerts together! Lets randomly take out 3 songs and put em somewhere else! Lets sell a Living Things album with a whole concert of songs not found on Living Things!" :facepalm: I cant take this anymore...

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Interesting that they cut The Catalyst.

Dizzy Slay

Dizzy Slay Well-Known Member

^

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I feel used.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Couldn't have said it better myself. Odd move, to say the least. I probably won't be buying this CD + DVD package. I would probably watch it once then have it in the back of the shelf, to be honest.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

What a badass first post.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Amen.

Amen again :lol:.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

NAILED IT.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I'm a little disappointed the set doesn't have more LT songs on it like the rest of you, but I'm still super excited for this album. There are still a few songs on there that haven't been played live on Live in Texas / Road To Revolution / A Thousand Suns + so I'm still looking forward to it. Plus, they sounded great that night.

Idk, I'm excited as fuck actually.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

It's not smart, it's lazy & cheap. Not because it's a 7 month old show (that's totally normal, it takes time to produce DVDs), but because it's a show that was already recorded/broadcast/webcast (by another company) 7 months ago and has been readily available since then.

They didn't want to cough up the $$$ for a crew to record & produce a propper live release so they half-assed it by sticking a show we've already seen onto an album we already have.

Same deal with ATS+, I didn't buy that & I won't buy this.

That can't be the reason, LP don't play long shows, they go for about 90 minutes usually. As someone else pointed out, the same thing happened with RTR (and tried to pass those songs off as extra content) and it didn't make any sense then either.

It happened with Live In Texas, too. They cut Don't Stay, Fig9, With You, By Myself & APFMH from the CD despite the full show only being about 1hr 5m, then used those songs for the LPU3 CD. Again, made no sense.

Whoever makes these decisions should be punched in the cock.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

You said it. Its LIT and R2R all over again (R2R would still be the most ridiculous of all though - cut 3 to 4 songs from the main set and have them as hidden/bonus content on the DVD? But that uses even more data surely? :lol: ) I wouldn't mind this being the bonus DVD for Living things, but cutting a few of the best tracks really annoys me. and forever it shall! :nandu:

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

[​IMG]

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

I am going to make the assumption that the cover art is going to be the 'exclusive vinyl artwork' that was also used on the Australian Tour Edition. I don't mind having this DVD as I have Live In Texas & Road To Revolution but I don't have ATS+ so it'll be alright to have the LIVING THINGS & A Thousand Suns songs that are on there that I don't have as a live DVD. However, I do agree that it would have been nice to have the tracks that have not been included in the least or maybe include a show that we haven't all seen on TV or DVD at some point.