Expectations of new Eminem album?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Nobody Can Shave Me Now, Feb 26, 2013.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

So, his new album comes out this year and he starts touring in August. Imo, this will be a make or break CD. I am hoping it wont be as overproduced as the last. Also, not as many collabs. What are your thoughts?

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Hopefully it'll be a return to form. Though some of his collabs he did last year were less than impressive imo.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

To be honest I don't understand why people think Eminem is slipping. Is it because of the bad collabs like that Rihanna song? I thought Recovery was a great album. Very poppy and produced sounding, but still. Maybe that was just a way for them to get his name back to music's forefront, as Relapse didn't really do that.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

He's forcing it now to be honest. He's not as hungry as he as he used to be and he just doesn't have that drive anymore. Half the time I can't tell if he's yelling at me or rapping. His flow especially on the Bad meets evil album was horrible. As far as Recovery goes there are some alright songs but nothing from him that really leaves a lasting impression. I understand that he can't really be rapping about the same things he's used to as Recovery has shown that he's a different person. I just miss that humor from him. I feel like if he tried he could do both the serious and humorous raps he used to be well known for. I mean he could do a song like basically I dunno threatening any guy who wants to hit on his daughter. It'd be the quirky funny Eminem from before but with his current life experiences. He can't be the old Eminem I grew up with but he could be much better than what he is now.

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

As much as I love how Eminem just really put himself out there as one of the strongest vocalists alive, rapping or singing, in Recovery, it would be great though if for at least one album, we could have the funny, quirky Eminem back. Eminem is the king of Comedy hip hop after all! And to be honest, I think we might see a return to his roots on his next album! Along with more of the Recovery strength and power, we might see Slim Shady once again insulting as many people as possible in a verse, as well as sexing it up as always. Eminem's features in Skylar Grey's "C'mon Let Me Ride", P!nk's "Here Comes the Weekend" and Rihanna's "Numb" seem to foretell the second coming of Shady! But his feature in 50 Cent's "My Life" definitely shows us that we should expect more of the Recovery vibe to come back aswell!

Overall expectation: A dark, powerful album with a very funny side, like a mash-up of Recovery and The Slim Shady LP.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Em is my second favorite artist, so, this is what I want:

I pretty much hate The Slim Shady LP, and I think any kind of return to that kind of stuff from a guy who is 40 now, and who proved that he can do kick ass serious music would just be stupid. I'm not a big fan of rap as a genre, so, I don't really care about the lyrics, as long as they sound good (I still don't want him to go back to the ''97 Bonnie and Clyde'' or ''Kim'' style of lyrics, though.). I really, really don't want him to go back to the Slim Shady stuff, mostly because of Relapse. The accent on that thing was freaking horrible, besides on some tracks, like ''3 a.m.'', ''Stay Wide Awake'' or ''My Darling'' which are some of my favorite songs by him. So, pretty much, all I want from this album is to have really strong beats. ''Cinderella Man'', Kanye's ''Power'' or ''No Church in the Wild'' would be good examples. Recently, listening to The Eminem Show, and focusing on the production, I was really disappointed, as almost all songs were just a kick kick snare drum pattern with a cool background sound. He's been working with Kanye West's mentor, so who knows, we might get something in that style... I don't really care who he features on the album, just not too many returning favors... His collaborations recently have been horrible (minus ''Throw That'' and ''My Life''), so this album should make up for them. This album is very important for his career and the way he'll be remembered as an artist in the future, in my opinion.

So, all I want is a really powerful album.

And a Linkin Park feature.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Why does everyone want a Linkin Park feature? No offense to you Filip. I did at one point think it would sound cool but not with this new Eminem.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I can't wait to hear how bad it will be. Em reached 'washed up' status many moons ago.

Filip

Well, I'd like to see my two favorite artists together. Mashed up, they don't sound that well, but with an original track, it could be good. Plus, the band are fans of Eminem.

You can't assume it will be horrible and then rate it how it really is once it's released. Who knows, you might like it.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Recovery was one of his best albums ever, so I'm not really following all this "Oh boy he's only got this one last shot.." talk.

RazorEye

This.

Filip

Agreed.

But not everyone thinks that way.

RazorEye

Maybe it's because Relapse was so shit, nobody wanted to listen to Recovery! :kappa:

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Relapse. Tut, tut, tut.

Filip

Relapse was meh. I liked the beats.

Any thoughts on when the album might be out? Em's manager said recently it's gonna be post Memorial Day (May 27), and since he starts touring in August, I'd say July...?

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

It'll either be Recovery part 2 or something completely different, probably something different.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    Dizzy Slay

Dizzy Slay Well-Known Member

I want Em to stop yelling. And I want him to be lyrical again. Em needs to stop acting like a pissed off pre-teen and start acting like a rapper.

Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

This.

Filip

I'd say a mix. Something new, and something that sounds like Recovery.

I like the yelling.

Dizzy Slay

Dizzy Slay Well-Known Member

His yelling annoys me. I wouldnt mind it so much if his vocals werent doubled and he was saying shit that a little emo girl couldnt come up with.