Thirty Seconds To Mars

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Omar Ali, Jul 20, 2012.

1. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Haha. Yeah, why not?

I never noticed that before but their online presence has always been 30 Seconds to Mars until now.

2. overlysarcastic

overlysarcastic Member

Most popular bands make 1 or 2 songs on the album 'radio friendly' so they can extend their fanbase and increase their popularity. I wouldn't be surprised if another song sounded similar, and then the rest were your typical 30stm.

3. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

The wikitards at Wikipedia don't want to recognise it either!

4. hawk

Fuck 'em. Make the change.

5. RazorEye

[video=youtube;lpjZjQrfGNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpjZjQrfGNg[/video]

The common term for really bad wikipedia editors like editors who abuse, stalk, vandalise, don't follow rules, ect. And apparently I received an infraction for it! Did I poke fun at or call somebody mentally disabled? No I didn't. I was using a common term that actually does not insult anyone in any way! And if it does insult anyone, they should just chill! -------- should not be a word that's unacceptable. By your definition, words like murderer, scammer and rapist should be banned words aswell! The common terms for People who kill others, unfairly take away from others and take sexual advantage of others! Now those people are worse than wikipedia editors! We should be trialled and jailed for using those words!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Off-topic: the difference between using those words to refer to criminals and using a derogatory noun to refer to people with mental disabilities is that the latter simply have no choice but to be the way they are.

The negative connotations of such words, particularly some which seep in from things outside of the idea of mentally challenged people (because people use a word like "retard" to refer to almost anything they consider "bad" or "lesser") are offensive because such connotations obviously reflect unfairly back on people who live with mental disabilities and add to a stigma which they are constantly fighting.

Criminals, on the other hand, can usually, in the relevant cases, be defined almost entirely by their deliberate actions which harm other people.

7. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

To add on: Privately owned site Rules set by owner of said site. If he/she/they (in this case the LPA Team) determine if using a certain term is inappropriate, then they have the right to do so, and have the right to infract those that break said rule.

8. minuteforce

^ Yes, this too. :)

9. hawk

Just saying, the word can also be defined as "delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment." Although that's for the use as a verb.

I didn't think he was that old - haha.

You should give them another shot when the new album is released, 'cause they right throw us a curve ball for the remaining 11 tracks on the album.

Also, fuck you iTunes. $9.99 for the album on iTunes US and the physical copy whilst it is $16.99 here on iTunes AU. I don't have a job you sons of bitches!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  10. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

If you have a problem with an infraction please contact a member of staff via PM. No point derailing threads off-topic in the thread the infraction was given. I'm not going to go into it too much because Jeff and minuteforce summed up the reasons behind the infraction pretty well, but you broke the rules, the rules you agreed to when you signed up. Using the word "retard" or a variation of it as a derogatory term is detrimentary to people with learning disabilities and is unacceptable. No big deal, just be more careful what you say next time. Thank you.

Back on topic please.

11. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Meh. Everyone knows them as 30 Seconds to Mars.

12. Rana LP Luvr

Rana LP Luvr 'Fly me up on a silver wing'

THAT SONG WAS AWESOME!! Waiting and waiting for the new album . looks like we're gonna have alotta fun :D
    But it seems like a huge change from This Is War in every thing..but change is good :)

13. snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Nah, I think it actually sounds like TIW, quite a bit.

14. RazorEye

Really? I honestly think it sounds like A Beautiful Lie + Electronica rather than This Is War + Electronica. Maybe I'm overthinking it? :/

15. minuteforce

I think it resembles the music on "This Is War" more.

16. hawk

Definitely this:

17. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I believe the This Is War comparisons are coming mainly because of the group vocals. Overall, it does have a This Is War style to it, but I can see it as A Beauftiful Lie + Dance.

18. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Yeah, I agree.

19. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I'm in the "A beautiful Lie" clan :p

Musically, it's probably more close to TIW, but I don't know, the vibe I get from the song is more close to ABL. Well, ABL + Dance as someone said!

20. hawk

This could be good!

[youtube]-ydSUu7VPSc[/youtube]