Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by snailharvest, Mar 3, 2013.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Album title is "Random Access Memories" and it's due out May 21st!

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;pgO3ngJt2XE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgO3ngJt2XE[/video]

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Seen this before, I think there was a leak off the full version of that song on YT for a couple of hours and then it got taken down. The full title is (apperently)
    'Get Funky, Get Lucky'.

Sounds legit to me.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Leak was (a very noticeable) fake.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

I meant the title sounds legit, the full version sounded professional until the end, and then I had my doubts.

So stoked for this album though. One part of me thinks should I cancel the order with Amazon cause' I want the album on release date, and most of the time it comes like a day after. I might cancel and go buy it in my local shop on release day...

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

One rule: never trust these so called "leaks"

There are a lot of people out there that can easily emulate the sound of previous Daft Punk albums, making it sound very believable when mixed with f.e. the snippets we're getting.

As much as I love Daft Punk, though, I am going to keep my expectations as low as possible. I'm getting the feeling I'm hyping this album way too much.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

They've never let me down!

But on "leak" related news, Twitter was blowing up earlier because people thought the album did leak. Turns out it was just 12 copies of Levels by Avicii. :lol:

RazorEye

Let's just hope when the album does leak, we don't see it as a fake like we did when Human After All first leaked! :lol:

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Hopefully. It sounds pretty good so far, like the sound is more 'organic' than HAA, so I guess we can have some expectations. I think it's gonna be like a mix of Discovery, Homework and a new sound. I dunno, I just hope other songs have some more heavy influences.

RazorEye

I just want a "Discovery 2" so bad, and it looks like Random Access Memories is gonna be it! :D

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I guess I'm the only one that prefers Human After All compared to anything else they've ever done. Discovery just sounds cheesy as fuck. Homework was balls.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

[video=youtube;mh9eJJ8cKsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh9eJJ8cKsU[/video]

This is awesome, and catchy as hell.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
    Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

http://randomaccessmemories.com/

The Collaborators, Episode 1: Giorgio Moroder

I think we can expect a really organic sound for this album. It's nice to see some "behind-the-scenes" footage.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    RazorEye

I'm very surprised to see that absolutely everyone that had worked with Daft Punk on this album have talked like it's the best thing that ever happened to them! Sounds like Columbia is holding back something very special in their production line for May!

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

That video is awesome Decay. I can't wait for this album. I have high hopes for this, and yes i'm getting hyped.

RazorEye

POSSIBLE LEAK

I'm not in anyway saying that this is a true leak, but it is reasonably possible-

[video=youtube;mqowrTs_1Mc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqowrTs_1Mc[/video]

This 15 second snippet was pulled from a commercial for Random Access Memories, which was posted by iColumbia, the official YouTube channel for Columbia records in the UK. The commercial was found at this URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4xxFEoHkS0. Unfortunately, the video is now private, so there's no way of telling that this is real.
    Doing my private investigating, nobody in the past 3 days was able to link this to an existing song, which says something, considering if the song was in fact a song by another artist, someone would have brought it up in practically seconds! I also shazamed the track on my iPhone. No results. Considering the track sounds so much like what we would expect from Random Access Memories, especially after listening to loops of "Get Lucky", there's only two possible conclusions-
    1. It's a fake made by a very smart music producer who has made a perfect emulation of a "Get Lucky"-styled track and disguised it with a clever back story in which we cannot prove or disprove.
    2. This truly is a new snippet from Random Access Memories.

RazorEye

On an unrelated note, have this-

[video=youtube;qvxM4Rs8nj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvxM4Rs8nj0[/video]

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

New "The Collaborators" episode - Todd Edwards:

[video=youtube;yf2bu0P_4Vo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yf2bu0P_4Vo[/video]