Meteora 10th Anniversary Retrospective Post - Louis' Meteora Moment

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, Mar 25, 2013.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Good old Hybrid, she definitely knows her stuff. ;P

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Thank you, Snakeboy. Also, I sure do know my stuff. So much lady stuff. :lol:

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Going back in time, in 2003 was the first time i'd heard of LP and the first time i heard their song "numb". It was thanks too my love for this song tha got me to hear more from this band - and consequently love them even more. By 2005, my love for the band had grew, yet Dispite having collected the majority of lp's discography at this point, one song still eluded me: Easier to run. Bare in mind this was in the heyday of limewire and WinMX, and for some reason this song was harder to find than others. It was only thanks to my ex g/f that i was able to hear it for the first time. And too this day still holds an emotional resonance due to being on holiday in greece at the start of our relationship. Finally havin meteora complete it was quite an experience listening to it all in order for the first time, the album and especially E2R become the soundtrack to my holiday.

Meteora is many things, but i'd have to say holds an nostalgic place in my heart. And though i've over played it, heard better albums, i will always looks back and be grateful for it contributing to my 13-16 year old life.

Stonecold

Stonecold Your Portal To Everything Cool!

HT will always be my all time favorite LP album, i saw In The End on MTV and i was hooked, ran to buy the album and i was shocked, never before have i loved a record right from start to finish without skipping tracks! but anyway this is about Meteora, I think the success of HT is what made Meteora such an interesting and anticipated period of time!

like a lot of people i listened first to Somewhere I Belong, and though its not one of my favorite LP songs right now..back then it was my drug, i listened to that song 24/7 and when the album came out it was an awesome really unforgettable experience, back then i did not have an iPod, i had my Sony disc-man and actually i think to this day it still sounds better than the iPod, and when i put the CD in and Forward came in which made me more excited...and right after i heard the intro of Don't Stay..i knew that this album is gonna be huge, and it did!

I know that it may seem that there's a lotta people who hate Meteora but actually there are more who freakin' LOVES it!! cuz i never had that kinda experience again with any of the following releases, again...i think HT is the reason that Meteora became this unforgettable phase in our lives. :)