New album and tour 2013

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Reed To Black, Mar 29, 2013.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Ok guys I know this is out there but ive been thinking. Ive read that the band has been writing new music on tour and will have tons of time off mid-year to record. Ive also read that Linkin park might headline the Honda Civic tour. Now call me crazy, but could we be looking at a new album out in like November and honda civic tour at the end of the year?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

If, by "new album", you're referring to the soundtrack they're working on, then, absolutely, that could be released before the end of this year. I wouldn't expect a proper follow-up to "Living Things" until at least late 2014.

The band already have a couple of festival dates in Japan planned for later this year and word on the street is, they'll be headlining the Honda Civic tour as well but, as far as I know, the dates haven't been released yet.

Between everything they're doing right now, there's certainly nowhere near enough time for them to prepare a new album and another tour to boot all within this year.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I am thinking we'll see their sixth studio album next year at the earliest.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Well-Known Member

I doubt we will see an album this year. It almost takes two years for the band. For example MTM was released in 2007 and 3 years later, in 2010 ATOS was released and 2 years later, LT. At most the next album would come by in 2014/15.

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

Well after Living Things i realize LP probably won't be able to ever top ATS. So i honestly don't care about a new album and would rather see them produce smaller releases rather then a full album, which will likely be a giant disappointment after 6 months of hype.

Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

Mike was interviewed recently in Germany and the interviewer said something along the lines of, "So can we expect some new music, maybe in a year or two?" And Mike goes "Oh I hope it doesn't take a whole year"

The interview was posted on mikeshinodaclan.com

http://mikeshinodaclan.com/2013/03/...p-recharge-press-conference-2013-echo-awards/

Listen at like 8:30-9:00mins to hear what I'm talking about, but the whole interview is cool.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well, on our end, it'll still be a miracle if Linkin Park manage to release studio album #6 before the second half of 2014. :sleep:

Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

Haha :) I agree wholeheartedly! But just knowing that their sticking to this mindset of getting new music out quicker is dope to me.

LinkinParkCroatia

LinkinParkCroatia Active Member

They are focused on Mall soundtrack and LP Recharge game(april-june). First tour date,for now, is in august in Japan.In one of the interviews Mike said they'll be in studio around september. So if I am calculating well their next album will be out beetwen june and december 2014.

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I'm thinking a March/April 2014 release for their 6th album.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I'm into the july/august 2014

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

The band is currently busy for handling the soundtrack/score of Joe's movie "The Mall"... i wonder if that soundtrack/scores could be an album or just a single.. if its an album then the 6th album will be out early next year 2014.. i think they coincide the release of the 6th album for transformers 4... it depends if Michael Bay wanted the band to do the soundtrack again then its fine... it will be a total conflict if they do the soundtrack/score for transformers 4 at the same time making a material for album #6.. unless if its a double album.. :D

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Despite the fact that I've read about the Mall and soundtrack thing several times, I didn't know until now that the whole BAND was involed in making the soundtrack, sounds good then.

If Michael Bay contacts LP for TF music, I can be happy if it's an entirely new track like New Divide was.

And about album #6, we can all agree that nothing will happen this year but we should wait until mid year/3Q for tangible news about a new album. As of now it can only be speculation. My bet is that it will be 3Q/2014

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Yeah, New Divide was the most bad-ass song soundtrack made for Transformers trilogy.. It would be something nice if they contribute a new whole track or maybe use the old demos like Optimus Prime, Bumbblebee, Starscream like what Mike mention during making New Divide and release it as an EP.. i think that will never be happening.." :D