What is MACHINE SHOP?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by CaptainObvious, May 12, 2013.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Well-Known Member

It seems that Machine Shop has gone under a redesign after they updated their Facebook Cover and Profile picture.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I hardly remember liking them on facebook but after this redesign, I thought, What is Machine Shop?

Mike has mentioned Machine Shop in many of his Fort Minor songs.

Lets get it over with for good
    I got a friction addiction i wish you would
    Machine Shop rockin’ when we step inside
    And we got everybody so petrified

As far as the name, it's sounds good, but what is their relation to LP or Mike? Also are they a real shop? :leak:

KTHNXBYE

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Machine Shop is a record label under Warner Bros. Records made by Mike and Brad. Just like other rappers mention their crew/label on the songs, Mike mentions Machine Shop in his Fort Minor album. Many artists were signed to the label, including Styles of Beyond, LP themselves and Holly Brook, now known as Skylar Grey. Sadly, none of the artists' albums took off, and Mike had many disagreements under the label, so it is now under hiatus (although ATS and LT were still releases of the label). Now, Machine Shop exists through Machine Shop Marketing, which helps promote movies, events and albums. It also manages the LPU. I'm glad to see Machine Shop still doing well.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

The label's currently on hiatus, which is sad because I wanted to get signed by them as a kid when I wanted to be a musician. :lol: the marketing has been good, though!

EDIT: PhilsFan said it for me up there, so I had to erase my explanation. :lol:

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

It's actually a super duper awesome shop which sells machines at really low prices. I bought an iRobot for like, $768.95.

But really, your question has been answered.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Absolutely.

Shmoanator

Shmoanator Guest

THIS. I was really disappointed when they went on hiatus.
    Oh well. Maybe when the time comes they won't be on hiatus anymore and I can get signed under them.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Liking the new design.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

I hope if LP ever leaves Warner that they will get to keep Machine Shop.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Wow I didn't know Machine Shop was on hiatus o_O

I was wondering, if LP left Warner and released an album independently (or though Machine Shop, given the case), would they still be able to reach the market they reached with Warner? I mean, WB has HQ's pretty much all over the world, and the thing with a smaller label is distributing the music through an international market.

The Rasmus' vocalist solo album was released through his label Dynasty Recordings which is based only in Helsinki. It was hard as hell for me to buy the album.

Luckily we're on the digital music era, but I still hang on to physical releases so it's still important for me to get the real thing vs. just the mp3 file.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

It's hard to imagine LP without WB, but if it does come to LP leaving them, or WB dropping them due to lack of sales, it will definitely be interesting to see what comes of it. But they have lots of connections that it might not be too big a problem for them to release material independently in international markets. Only time will tell.

Also I definitely agree that having physical copies of albums is better than just having some download. Downloads might be more convenient, but having something to actually hold in my hands is just an experience that I always find more enjoyable.

And before anyone says it, iPods/MP3 players/phones don't count as being "physical".

Last edited: May 13, 2013
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

A place where material is manufactured or modified to be used in an industrial setting. :sheldon: