Linkin Park to Headline the Sunset Strip Music Festival in LA on August 3

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 14, 2013.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Linkin Park have officially announced that on August 3rd, 2013 they will be headlining the Sunset Strip Music Festival in West Hollywood, CA in what will be the band's only performance in the US for the rest of 2013 and yes, this time they mean it.

[​IMG]

LPUnderground pre-sale tickets will be available May 14 at 12PM PDT (TODAY). Public tickets go on sale Wednesday May 15 at 9AM PDT (TOMORROW) at EventBrite. LPU members buying pre-sale tickets will have access to an exclusive area right at the front of the stage as a section has been reserved only for LPU members, which also come at a discounted price. If you're not already a member, you can join the LPUnderground here. It's also worth noting a significant portion of ticket sales will go towards Music For Relief to benefit disaster relief efforts.

The Sunset Strip Music Festival is a three day event which has bands performing at various popular locations along West Hollywood's iconic strip on Sunset Boulevard. The festival originated in 2008 and has featured such acts as The Smashing Pumpkins, Marilyn Manson, The Offspring and many others.

Iconic participating venues include the House of Blues, Roxy Theatre, Whisky A Go-Go, Key Club and Viper Room. Some of these venues are home to some of Linkin Park's most prominent gigs of the past, including Whisky A Go-Go which is the first known venue the band ever played together on November 14, 1997 as Xero. The Roxy which Linkin Park played first on September 5, 2000 and once again on July 18, 2004 for their memorable collaboration concert with Jay-Z. House of Blues was first played on March 4, 2002 with their last performance at the intimate venue being one of last year's most notable shows on May 18, 2012. Here's what Mike Shinoda had to say in regards to playing the Sunset Strip again.

Linkin Park originally stated that their show in Las Vegas, NV at Planet Hollywood on February 16, 2013 was to be their only North America date of the year but with this announcement, it seems they have managed to fit in one more show for the US fans before they head off to Asia as part of the Living Things World Tour in August.

The three day event takes place at the participating venues for the first two days, whilst the third is a street festival which covers the whole strip. Linkin Park will perform on the final day of the festival, Saturday, August 3rd as headlining act of the street festival.

View a complete list of the currently confirmed 2013 tour dates for Linkin Park below and on the LPA Tour Map.

Aug 03, 2013 West Hollywood, CA, Sunset Strip Music Festival
    Aug 10, 2013 Tokyo, Japan, QVC Marine Field
    Aug 11, 2013 Osaka, Japan, Maishima Summer Sonic Osaka Site
    Aug 13, 2013 Pasay City, Philippines, Mall of Asia Arena
    Aug 15, 2013 Lantau, Hong Kong, AsiaWorld-Arena
    Aug 17, 2013 Taipei, Taiwan, Taipei Arena

Source: Linkin Park | SSMF

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Awesome!

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

You know what the fucked up part about all of this is? I will be leaving LA the day of the Concert ><

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This is really awesome news! I was really busy at work this morning and didn't get to see what that LPU message on facebook yesterday was all about until now. Thank you for posting this, Joe. Sadly, I will not be attending. Money is a huge issue at the moment...

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

:lol:

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

mother fuck... I already have tickets for a different event that day. Oh well, saw them earlier this year at their "only 2013 US show" in Vegas lol.

jadesloth

jadesloth it could be worse

I guess I'm going to both of their only shows in the US this year. Hope it's a good one.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

How long till the Dedicated references?

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Yeah........ and no retry attempts until next year :p

Sempiternal

Sempiternal Keep your hopes up high and your heads down low

Do you guys think they'll play I'll Be Gone at last?

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

What's the deal with hardly playing in North America this year? Just coincidence? Because they've been out a fair bit at the start of the year and are even heading out to the Philippines later on...

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It's because they played the Honda Civic Tour all summer last year in North America. That was essentially the North American leg of the Living Things World Tour. The dates in Australia and Asia this year is basically the continuation of the Living Things World Tour.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Don't hold your breath for any brand-new additions to the setlist from "Living Things".

Geki

Geki >.

I'm traveling all the way from Massachusetts for this show! I can't wait. It's going to be so much fun!! Plus, I get to explore Hollywood and Los Angeles while I'm there!