Linkin Park Talks New Music With Fuse - Teases New Music Debut

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 15, 2013.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

In an interview with Fuse, Mike Shinoda and Joe Hahn talk about being in the mix and teases new music on new LPTV's in "the next couple of months."

[youtube]0IX4aRYHu-k[/youtube]

What would you like to hear on the next Linkin Park record? Who's excited? Stop by our forums and tell us about it!

Source: Fuse via anvanoppens

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I cant see this on my kindle for whatever reason. Is it on youtube?

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

:leak:

Hybrid

Snakeboy: It is on youtube and it is also here.

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

:head:

Good to know we'll be hearing new stuff soon, even if it is just snippets in upcoming LPTV episodes. Hells yes.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

They spelled Hahn wrong ... Hann , really Fuse?

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

After the disappointing (imo) effort in LIVING THINGS I really don't know what to expect. As bad as it may sound but it's come to a point where I don't expect anything mindblowing from LP anymore. I hope I'm proven wrong with the next album.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

exciting!

didn't know Qwerty was originally set to be in MTM.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Might be 'Mall' material but I want to watch the video (can't just yet) first and see what the guys talk about.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Also, Joe Hann? o_O

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

I still have faith in the band. Yes, LT was weak compared to ATS but still, it could've been worse. A LOT. So...
    But I said many times that the band should take a big break. I mean they should take a one, or two year break and then comeback, and let's hear how's the music sounds then.
    In 2015-2016. I don't care how "old" they will be then.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I can't deny how awesome this is even though I've said I want to wait longer for the new record... but yeah, this is exciting! Interesting to hear Mike talking about Minutes.

Hybrid

Like I've said before, I think anything to come directly after ATS was going to be considered "meh" in quite a few people's eyes.

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

100% agree with this. Living Things was a disappointment... In my eyes, the albums are getting less memorable :\. I mean, ATS was brilliant, but there aren't any energetic tracks on there tbh, same with Living Things, it was so samey in the last half of the album.

I hope they do something amazing this time... LP were a big influence on my life and I don't want them to start going downhill.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

NU-METAL OR NOTHING

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Seems like we're headed into another "sample-based" album, definitely no songs like WFTE or The Catalyst, they might "innovate" and bring new styles but it won't be the ATS-kind for sure. To do that they'd need to be in the studio for around 2 years again, but from the likes of this we'll get new music late this year.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

MAY 2015 CONFIRMED

are they really "in the mix" then? Mike sounds too unsure about the tracks for the album to be that far along.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Not to me. I became a fan after ATS and first I hated it. And still it's not my favourite. MTM is. But LT is weaker then ATS. Not because ATS IS ATS. It's because it's weaker. That's it. LT is not 100% LP. But MTM and ATS is. That's the difference. They are the tools of media. Of Warner. They are since 2000. I understand them. They had to make LT. They had to make an album like LT with songs like LITE or BID. But I hope the next album will be full of experiments. Just like ATS......................

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

And with good reason, it's hard to top ATS. Here's to hoping for more experimentation.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Well now that I actually watched the video, I got a little excited, LP albums always make me feel that way.

They must be in the earliest of stages in the recording process, despite the fact that they always carry recording gear with them on tour it's still not enough to make a significant advance on a new record.

I liked how Mike talked about the dangers of talking too early about an album's sound citing MTM, we all thought it was going to be very heavy and instead we got something really different, organic and diverse. Speaking of LPTV's, I hope we can see a little bit of studio time, but with the risk that the possible stems that appear on it might not even make the cut :lol:

I have faith in them too, since MTM, every album has quite a different approach to the music. I don't think the next LP albums will necessarily sound like LT because they said it themselves that it was more of a "comfort record", I think that at some point they will want to challenge themselves again and push the envelope. With that said, I don't think a "ATS 2" is the only way for them to make an epic record. Song structure, experimentation, I get it, but the same sound would draw too many comparisons.

Maybe the "seeds" are too different from each other for him to put them in a box. There could be material of Victimized level, to MMM... Cookies level xD

Last edited: May 15, 2013