Linkin Park Talks New Music With Fuse - Teases New Music Debut

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 15, 2013.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I think I would peg them as in the middle of the recording progress, not at the beginning, and beyond having nothing but seeds. Despite not wanting to put a timeline on it they're thinking about having a vague timeline for releasing some stuff for us to hear.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Surprised they are talking about new music so soon.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
    Infinity

Infinity *

Fuck this, I am already hyped!! Hahaha

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

LIVING THINGS is an amazing album because of the energy it has. I have no complaint for the album or the mixing because it doesn't sound wrong to me. I agree that it's definitely not as strong as ATS, but in no way their weakest album. The only disappointment I had coming from LT was the lack of songs played live, though I still have hope that they might play POWERLESS and I'LL BE GONE live during their shows in August. A lot of you simply complain about wanting something as great as ATS or HT, and I'm sure there are the few of you that actually mean it, but no doubt that there are also a bunch of followers who don't want to seem like outcasts for having different preferences like Meteora or MTM. I am absolutely blown away by the thought of the upcoming album and only get more excited as new announcements are made, the wide variety of tracks LT contained only makes me imagine that LP will deliver and promise us the best once again, and no doubt be number 1 on the charts.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

So next year it is...coolcoolcool

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Maybe I'm getting old or I donno what but I don't even see the appeal of ATS anymore. The energy and mood of the album is completely lost on me now (apart from one or two songs at best). And I don't even wanna get into LT... that album completely lost all its appeal about a week after its release.

Emiltayeb

Emiltayeb Well-Known Member

Ohh QWERTY..i still remember the first time , almost 6 years ago in august 06 when i heard the snippet of the song when they played it live..and to hear that song didnt make the cut made me crazy for MTM to Come out!

for the new record , well i'm hyped to hear mike say new music in the next LPTV episode's , cant wait!

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

This is exciting news, always good to hear Mike wanting to write new music and it's nice to see Joe interviewed for a change. Living Things was a big disappointment for me but I have faith in these guys still after what is still one of my favourite albums A Thousand Suns. I'm hoping for more of the experimentation from that era

laura

laura Well-Known Member

pe re pe pe pe pe :): Headbang:

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

A couple of things to note here...

I 100% believe that LT was necessary to make for the band because it helped them realign their focus. The truth is that ATS was so far out of the box that it strained the band. It made it hard for the band to reach the outcome of what songs made the album. They were forcing things together that were not made to fit and they forced them so much that they made it work damn near perfectly. The problem with that is they and arguably their fans were left in shambles. the album was way out there. I wasn't sure of the album when it came out. It wasn't my idea of music that I enjoyed. I then gave it another chance and I kept discovering things that I like about it until the album grew on my like wild fire. I can tell I'm staring to stray away from the point here. The point was that the band lost the feeling of what it was like to have fun in the studio. They did what they have been straying away from for quite some time and started to look back of things that they've done before. They then drew on that inspiration and created LT. The album wasn't meant to be some story from front to back, nor was it meant to be a collection of something totally new and different that they've never done before. The album was meant to bring the band into familiar territory so they can reload for the next round. If that's what you call "weaker" than so be it. I still call it necessary, much like Meteora.

To say they are "products of the media" is a very poor statement. I say this especially after watching the making of ATS documentary. Yes, they have "criteria" that they have to meet, per their contract, but every band has this, not just Linkin Park. They have pushed the contract envelope since the release of MTM. I fully believe they are being true to themselves, to their music as well as their visual art. They are a collective of 6 very creative and restless minds. All of the "cross-promoting" that we have seen I am bought on the idea that one of the minds in the band thought "hey, this is a cool idea." To damn them for wanting to be creative in other means than making music is greatly limiting their potential. I know that if I was in a band and had some crazy idea to collaborate with something that intersted me, I'd be all over that.

I was actually one of the fans that was burned by the release of QWERTY. Just like Mike mentioned, I was expecting MTM to go down a road similar to how QWERTY felt. Because of this, I was actually disappointed with how MTM was at first, but I eventually got over that. I used to be one of the "Nu-metal fans" but I guess I was able to grow up.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Ahah really? If you don't like a record as much as others, it means that it is not 100% LP?

Fine. I'll be doing the same. HT and Meteora are LP. MTM and ATS are not LP, but LP trying not to be LP. :sheldon:

But anyway, really excited to hear they'll be working on new music soon!

And about the Qwerty story, it gets me sick each time. I remember being so excited by that heavier sick sound, and then being freaking disappointed by MTM. The disappointment is gone now, but nevertheless, I'd have loved to have at least one really heavy record from LP. I guess that it is never gonna happen now, seeing how their musical tastes have evolved. That'll be my eternal frustration with the band, but nevermind, I can still enjoy their music :lol:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

[​IMG]

Fuse usually uploads more of the videos of the same interview in the spawn of a few days/weeks, right?

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Could the lead single debut late this year? Unlikely but I'm excited for whatever we get

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I share Mike's opinion, it's best for them not to talk about album sound and lead to false expectations. Bloggers and music writers already spoil much of the listeners' interpretation of a body of work by giving their own song descriptions (LT song descriptions were seriously misleading and sometimes exaggerated), so if we read or hear something that was "processed" by a different mind, we'll most likely end up in disappointment.

On the MTM case, I only had listened to the leaked live tracks, and with that I developed a mindset on the record. It ultimately didn't threw me off when I listened to the final product, but I certainly thought it was different, because I already had an idea. It grew on me quickly because I hadn't read much about it online, I wanted to enjoy it myself.

So, if they can keep it secret for as much as possible, it'll be fine. Music media twists artists words like crazy.

December 31st :kappa:

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

lol Hann. Pumped, but how will we know if they're implementing new songs or using old seeds?

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

It's great to hear they're still in the studio, and wisening up with album descriptions this early in production. I can't wait to hear the new music, it's hard to believe we're even hearing about it this far after Living Things's release.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Tinfoil/Powerless was from the ATS sessions, IIRC.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

LT was a decent album. I'm just glad they aren't making albums like Meteora which had just the same songs again and again. Every album from MTM was amazing in it's own way. ATS is one of the most underrated albums of the decade. I still listen to ATS from start to finish more than I listen to songs from LT. The different layers in each song of ATS made it unique.
    Since they are doing the soundtrack of a movie, it should have some experimentation in it for sure. Hope it releases soon.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

The disappointment in Living Things blows my mind. No, there weren't 5-minute songs with speeches incorporated into them, but most songs nowadays aren't. Castle of Glass, Roads Untraveled, Victimized, and Powerless are among some of the most unique songs they've ever written, and they were all on the last album.

I'm excited as shit. I always found Living Things to be a fantastic record with great variety (I realize a lot of people have issues with BID, IMR, and IBG, but not every song needs to be "genre-busting"), and am really looking forward to what comes next. I love that there's already talk of the 6th album.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Mike is so stressed out.... :dafuq: :lol:

New Album so soon??? I thought they're making for "The Mall"?? well, anyway thanks LP for the news :)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I have a feeling that they'll manage both the soundtrack and a new Linkin Park studio album simultaneously. Shinoda handled it fairly well when he took on "The Raid: Redemption" while the band were working on their last album so they've probably gotten better at that kind of time management

Hell, maybe their work on the soundtrack could influence the new LP album sonically ...