Chester Bennington of Linkin Park Releases New Song "Out of Time" with Stone Temple Pilots

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 19, 2013.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

So this came out of nowhere. It appears that Chester Bennington of Linkin Park has been hard at work recording new music with the Stone Temple Pilots. Linkin Park's lead vocalist tonight unveiled the brand new track titled "Out of Time", which is the first track from what appears to be an upcoming new Stone Temple Pilots album. It's unknown if Chester has in fact recorded more tracks, a full album or just this one song with Stone Temple Pilots, but Chester appears in the promotional band photos on the newly redesigned StoneTemplePilots.com.

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/051813-235734_STP1.jpg[/thumb][thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/051813-235440_STP2.jpg[/thumb]

Chester also made a surprise appearance at tonght's KROQ Weenie Roast where he performed Out of Time for the very first time alongside the Stone Temple Pilots, where he then went on to play the whole show. Following the performance of Out of Time, the song then had its worldwide premier on KROQ, followed by a simultaneously released promotional Out of Time Teaser Video via the newly official Stone Temple Pilots YouTube channel. It's worth noting that Stone Temple Pilots have added two dates to their upcoming tour schedule; Tonight, May 19th for BFD 2013 in Mountain View, CA and May 30th at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, CA. Although it's not absolutely confirmed Chester will take the role as full-time vocalist for STP, it's more than likely that he will take the stage for these announced dates with Chester stating on Twitter that this was the first show of his run with STP.

This move came out of nowhere with no prior announcement from the band or Chester himself, but definitely makes sense considering the Stone Temple Pilots are known to be Chester's favourite band of all time. Chester will join remaining band members Dean DeLeo, Robert DeLeo and Eric Kretz, replacing former lead-vocalsit Scott Weiland who's status with the band was officially terminated on February of this year. Here's what Dean DeLeo had to say about choosing Chester to be their vocalist for Out of Time.

Here's what Chester had to say about working with Stone Temple Pilots:

There's definitely a lot of questions in regards to Chester's involvement with Stone Temple Pilots. With confirmed tour dates, promotional images and a new song with footage of Chester in the studio with STP, it definitely looks like this could be considered a side project rather than just the collaboration on one song. Chester Bennington will be on KROQ radio's Kevin & Bean Show this coming Monday, May 20th to discuss his work with STP and exactly what it entails. In the mean time it's worth noting Chester has not left Linkin Park and never will, as he said tonight on Twitter, stating "FYI, I will never leave LP. We are currently working on a new record and its awesome!"

You can listen to the new track below or download it absolutely free via Radio.com! Once you've checked it out be sure to let us know what you think of Out of Time and Chester working with Stone Temple Pilots on the LPA Forums.
    Source: Stone Temple Pilots | KROQ via Xero21 | danielpsoad-09

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Chester looking as sexy as ever. ;)

Definitely like the sound of this new track. Looking forward to more information of what exactly is going on here.

Geki

Geki >.

Wow, such a great song. So good... I'm really digging this... Chester is the best vocalist in the world!!!

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

WOAH. This is SO out of the blue.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Maybe it's only a single track? Guess we'll see.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

This really is what Dead By Sunrise should have been. Hopefully they will release more material with Chester on vocals.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I was like:

:WTF:

I'm really surprised of how practically nobody knew about this. Everyone was shocked.

The song sounds amazing, his vocals are on point, and I'm really glad (and kinda relieved) that the members of STP said that "Linkin Park will always be his priority". We are yet to know if the collaboration stays for a single only or will extend to the whole album.

Geki

Geki >.

I enjoy a lot of the slow DBS songs, but yeah I agree for the heavier sounding songs.

BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

This song is awesome, I really hope they did more! Looking forward to see what comes out of this.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

This deserves the WTF-award of the year so far!

Way to go, Chester, way to go :lol:

I don't have listened to the new song yet, but the teaser sounds sick! I'm downloading right now. And anyway, this must be really great for Chester. He has said so many times this band is one of his all-time favorites, and now, he has maybe become their new singer. Imagine if one of us became LP singer in the future, how'd you feel?

NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

What what WHAT?
    I'd be internally screaming YAY! if I was him.

NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

The slower songs were awesome. I love Fire, Walking In Circles, and Let Down. But then you have songs like Condemned, My Suffering, and Crawl Back In which really make me cringe listening to them.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Just blew my mind. Crazy that nobody heard anything about this til JUST NOW. This track is badass! Hope we did do a full album with them!

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

LOL some STP fans are starting to hate already.. This one's my favorite:

Well, guess what?

[​IMG]

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

That is awesome.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Nope, Condemned was great :p

But anyway, sick new track right here! That's how you rock out!

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Not really my type of music but it's nice seeing Chester doing collaborations =)

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Good Song... but i have a bad feeling about this... Chester please don't leave LP....

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

It's really dope to hear Chester's vocals so raw like this. Song is awesome.

I don't think it'll conflict with Linkin Park too much. Mike's already stated that he and Chester have been working extensively on vocals for the new album.