Chester Bennington Confirms Joining Stone Temple Pilots as Lead Singer, Possible New Album & Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 19, 2013.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

After the out of nowhere announcement yesterday that Chester Bennington had joined Stone Temple Pilots on stage at the KROQ Weenie Roast for a full set and recorded a brand new song titled "Out of Time" for their upcoming album, it was all but confirmed that Chester had in fact joined Stone Temple Pilots as the lead singer, replacing former vocalist Scott Weiland. Today a backstage interview from the KROQ Weenie Roast has appeared online where Chester delves into the details of his new venture and how he is now lead singer for both Linkin Park and Stone Temple Pilots going forward. He also confirms that he and STP have some songs in the works for a potential album and a possible tour sometime in the future. Check out the full interview clip below courtesy of KROQ and ChesterBNetwork.

[youtube]EQBR-m2HYN0[/youtube]

Chester will join Stone Temple Pilots on the two announced dates on the tour schedule; including tonight, May 19th for BFD 2013 in Mountain View, CA and May 30th at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, CA. Expect more dates to be added down the line. Be sure to check out the new single "Out of Time" if you haven't already and let us know what you think of Chester joining Stone Temple Pilots on the LPA Forums.

Source: KROQ via ChesterBNetwork | Xero21

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Good interview.

STP's music isn't really my kind of thing, but I'm happy for Chester! He seems really happy and excited. Good for him.

Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

Go home, Chester, you're drunk.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

This feels so weird. As long as it doesn't affect his work with LP (which he's stated multiple times it won't) then I'm all for it. It's just unnatural for me to see him up there fronting another existing band.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I admit I never listened to STP (at least not voluntarily, maybe I've heard some on the radio and stuff like that), but I'm glad for him too.

I liked the part where he says about performing with no previous announcement that he wanted "the music to do the talking", that's the way it should be. Even after his killer performance, there are people already giving him stick for replacing Weiland. I can understand where the feeling comes from, but they should give him a chance first before writing him off.

Well, Dead by Sunrise isn't exactly fictional :shinado:

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Crazy and so out of the blue :lol:

Smart move also. They have a waaaaay bigger audience right now, 'cause let's face it, most of us are gonna check out their new material now.

I'm happy for Chester that he got this chance, he really seems excited. I just hope it doesn't get too busy for him, touring for 2 bands is going to be a pain the ass.

Last edited: May 19, 2013
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Finally Chester's gonna dive into some grunge! :D

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Very happy for him. That's the opportunity of a fucking lifetime right there, to play for your favorite band.

hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

Chester's voice is made for this kind of music! I can't wait to hear more from them!

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

It's Not like STP can do a huge tour like LP can anyway. This is good for the band and new music. Chester just got a shit load of respect from me, he was already up on a pedestal so this must mean he's flying now.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I sort of understand the backlash from STP fans. Think about if it were LP, and Chester was suddenly replaced by another vocalist. I'm pretty sure absolutely nobody here would be rejoicing over that.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Chester working on two bands now, thats gonna be alot of pressure on him. Idk but i get this feeling that after the next LP album LP is gonna go into a long hiatus. And Chester is gonna focus on STP
    and mike will prob work on more Fort Minor stuff. I hope im wrong and i dont want this to happen im just saying. But if it does i hope the next LP album will be freaking epic So we can have it for a while.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, you're right. It really would suck from the perspective of an STP fan

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Your *optimistic* view towards everything LP amuses me.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

This is fucking amazing. STP was a damn good band already, they were in my top5, now? Wow. This is just awesome. I hope LP and STP tour together and Chester do 2 sets or something because I will go!

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

That's such an unexpected great news! I'm gonna blast some STP music to celebrate :)

And how amazing for Chester, he is now the lead singer of one of his all-time favorite bands. It must really feel great!

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Well-Known Member

I don't want to be an ass, but every album now is going to be different that there is a high chance that it won't be EPIC.

On the other hand I was really puzzled when Chester said that LP is a band focused more towards techno and digital. I know, with ATOS and LT they have had a techno-ish vibe, but somewhere LP is a hardcore band too, IMHO. Anyways, this tweet makes things even better -

FYI, I will never leave LP. We are currently working on a new record and its awesome!

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I come back from weekend adventures and find WHAT?

I'm remembering all of the good things Chester had to say about STP since over a decade ago. This has to be a mind blowing experience for him, even on world famous wow-ive-seen-everyone-and-everything terms.

I wonder how the double duty tradeoffs are going to work. Are STP and LP touring less? Maybe the album cycle wlll go just a tad slower. There IS a trade off unless you want to imply that Chester has been spending considerable time doing nothing.

Oh this too. If it were the other way around I would be upset. Hell, I don't think I may get used to hear Chester's voice at the front of STP.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

hopefully it'll be better than DBS

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I think LP forgot how to make hardcore Music they have become obsessed with way to much electronic