Linkin Park Talks New Music With Fuse - Teases New Music Debut

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 15, 2013.

1. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The most prominent rock band to have dabbled in dstep is Korn. In 2011 or 2012, they made an album where each track was a collaboration with a dubstep producer or two.

As someone who likes dubstep, IMO, the whole thing really, really sucked. Mostly because I don't like Korn or hard rock music in general, but, in a way, the whole affair was also just kind of sad. It was Korn trying desperately to stay "relevant" or whatever

As for LP, dubstep remixes are fine (many would say that dubstep remixes of Korn songs would've been preferable to rock/dubstep originals) but I'd personally prefer they kept away from blatant EDM references in their original songs.

2. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

Ironically, I think that was some of Korn's finest songwriting since Untouchables. Them incorporating dubstep doesn't really bother me because of how much JD is into electronic music. It seemed somewhat natural - especially for a band (like LP) that likes to change their sound almost each record.

Either way, I see LP going down a bit of the ATS route, maybe a bit of MTM, some old, and some new. It's a reason we all like them though, you never know what to expect. :D

3. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I think LP going dubstep is highly unlikely. They might go deeper in the electronic formula, but not in the form of dubstep. I just don't see how they could make that fit with their style. Maaaaaybe incorporate some elements, not straight up wub wub.

I would really have to listen to a track to believe it.

4. NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

I mean kind of like Brutal by Excision but more rock sounding than metal, and with vocals, but we have no way of knowing.
    I just can't wait until we can hear it.

5. laura

laura Well-Known Member

I heard the voice of dave pay your respects and fascinated me

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  6. jadesloth

jadesloth it could be worse

agreed. I love how they've been experimenting with different sounds on the last couple of albums. For me, I feel they've been very successful with it and still maintaining their unique sound, but there is definitely a line they could cross where it would be way too much....too crazy. I don't see that happening, personally. I think they're too smart to get sucked into this horrible trend of mashing dubstep with everything. I just want them to make an album that's new and different but is still obviously Linkin Park.

7. Geki

Geki >.

I think LP going dubstep could happen in the future honestly. LIVING THINGS had some dubstep type influences, they were small, but there, mainly in LOST IN THE ECHO and LIES GREED MISERY. Also, the KillSonik remix of LOST IN THE ECHO was a dubstep remix and LP included it with several releases, so they obviously liked it. With the electronic direction that LP has been heading in, I can totally see the music becoming even MORE electronic and dubstep is kind of like a form of electronic music. I mean, LP even uses more electronic based drums and samples now than they do Rob's actual drumming. There is a lot of effects on the vocals and guitars now, as well.

8. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

We cannot forget that Mike said before LT came out that they would not be pidgeon-holed in a trend. He was directly addressing the topic of Dubstep.

9. snailharvest

snailharvest nice

I love Electronic music, but I would hate it if LP went Dubstep, it would totally ruin it for me. Apart from a few select artists and stuff like Monstercat, the majority of Dubstep coming out this year has been total trash imo, so I think of Dubstep now as a dying trend, apart from the old school producers like Skream. Even him and Benga (another pioneer of Dubstep) are moving on to different things now and calling their music 'not Dubstep'.

I just wouldn't like it if they went Dubstep. If they went experimental Electronic which was actually good, then yeah, i'd love it,

10. I'm really hoping for something progressive much like the songs on ATS. Maybe industrial.

11. rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

so excited, I really hope it will sound like HT, Meteora or MTM.

12. NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

Can't wait!
    Summer's gonna go by fast while waiting for this, can't wait for more news.

13. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

^ This. Again, he has directly said he didn't want to jump on today's EDM styles with Linkin Park.

I think that the band have done a good job at tastefully working references to dub music, drum & bass and other electronic styles into their music and that's something that I hope can continue. :) Those influences have been incorporated steadily and carefully into the band's music over the course of their career (so far) and I believe that that's why it all works. It hasn't suddenly been crammed in.