Chester Bennington Confirms Joining Stone Temple Pilots as Lead Singer, Possible New Album & Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 19, 2013.

1. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This thread has so much facepalm. :facepalm:

2. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Agreed.

:facepalm:

3. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

One facepalm is not enough

[​IMG]

4. Exzero

Exzero Active Member

@Wolflink : If you are an LP Fan start to support them, don't complain about their decisions. LP still working on a new album. Nobody can say what the future will be, but I know LP do a lot for they fans, so be happy that LP is working on a new album.

I can remember on a interview with Chester in Germany during the touring circle with DBS and he said if his band members don't to make a sideproject, he hadn't make it. The same I think is with STP.

5. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to agree with everything the band does. People have the right to disagree and are entitled to their opinion.

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Joe, you legend! :lol:

7. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

I support them now and in the future.
    What i mean is that i feel Lp has lost some identity.
    And im not feeling this way because is chester, i would be feeling the same way if phoenix, brad ,rob, joe or mike had make a similar move.

8. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Wow, you need to chill out more, dude :lol:

Honestly, the only people who are in position to complain now are the STP fans. IF there is one band that has "lost" its identity with this, it's STP, which doesn't have anymore the same frontman they have had for 20 years.

9. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Seems like choosing Chester is a no-brainer for STP: he knows the songs, he's passionate for the band, and he can mimic Weiland.

10. minuteforce

Maybe LP will lose more "identity" in your eyes when I tell you that each band member also has a personal life outside of Linkin Park. :sleep:

11. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I love how he says LP has "lost identity" because of Chester's move without even listening to a milisecond of LP6. Talk about jumping the gun.

12. minuteforce

Even disregarding everything about a new Linkin Park album, Chester fronting Stone Temple Pilots has no bearing on Linkin Park's identity as a band. Aside from now having one band member in common, LP and Pilots entirely separate entities.

Linkin Park's identity is also not simply tied to whether or not Chester is helping out with the initial writing process of a new album.

If this kind of thing is enough to shatter someone's perception of what Linkin Park is, then, maybe they should look a bit deeper into the band's history of side/solo projects. Again, these are the same kind of people who think the world is ending whenever Shinoda shows off a painting that he's done in his spare time or when Phoenix heads overseas to see the results of MFR's relief efforts firsthand.

13. Hybrid

[​IMG]

14. wolflink

let me put this matter from another perspective:

Can you Imagine Shigeru miyamoto going to Sony (half-time) and start making "another" games for them.
    Of course miyamoto will continue working at Nintendo but ¿what if? the sony releases are better, there are few nintendo releases, nintendo has lost one of its emblematic employes, remember when there was a roumor about miyamoto going to retirmenet and nintendo stock went down?.

Miyamoto could work anywhere he wants, he could ask for a lot of money and of course there will be enterprises who without a doubt would hire miyamoto, but mr. miyamoto has respect for his company, for his fans, for his work.

Again, im not atacking chester´s personal life, they´re artists, in the end is his decistion, but ¿where´s the respect for his legacy?¿for his die hard fans?

Dont get me wrong, the very fact that is wrong IMO, is that chester goes full time with STP is not like DBS wich is an "alternative project"
    whats next delson goes to Limpbizkit to resurect them?.

15. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

So, he should have refused joining one of his all-time favorite bands because of some die hard fans being paranoid? What the hell man :lol:

His decision will certainly not damage his legacy, and if anything, it will improve it, because he's now the lead singer of 2 big bands instead of one. And also, yes, STP isn't a little side project like DBS was, but the band still hasn't been really active those last 10 years, so that doesn't change much. STP won't take him a full load of time.

(also, Wes Borland is more skilled than Delson)

16. wolflink

Of course not.
    I think Delson is more skilled than borland, but he is shy.
    Only time will tell us if this was a good or a bad decition, for Linkin Park as a band.

17. Hybrid

wolf, you're thinking about things way too much. Relax, man.:rastamike:

18. Stpilots98

Stpilots98 Active Member

I don't think you guys have to worry about the current state of LP. Chester made it abundantly clear that they are still his top priority. It seems like everyone in the LP Camp is pretty tightly knit and all respect and love one another.

Once your lead singer starts going out with a solo band and playing all of your hits while he's still in said band, you can start to worry. (see Scott Weiland and his Purple to the Core tour with his lame ass band) What a kick in the face

That would lead to the assumption that Limp Bizkit was at one point alive! :D

19. Hybrid

This guy knows what's up. Thank you, voice of reason!

20. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

STP just got really popular in Brazil.