Do you think LP are going downhill?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Denny, May 24, 2013.

Denny

Denny @Jackethx

sigh

[video=youtube;ugW7-BEM8HM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugW7-BEM8HM[/video]

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Want a cookie!

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Denny, you've just recieved an infraction.

If you want to stay as a member here then I'd suggest you stop antagonizing people, especially staff members. ;)

Denny

Denny @Jackethx

How've I antagonized you? By posting a link to something my avatar character says?

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I think for the most part they're equal in terms of quality but I think there are more songs that I like on MTM than I like on LT overall, while at the same time the few songs I like on LT, I think are better than MTM. So say, there's like 9 really good songs on MTM and 3 Amazing songs on LT.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

There weren't any "downhill" moments with the previous albums because even though they consistently shifted music styles the experience was great, now with LT and what the band has been saying/doing as of lately it seems to me that we're no longer going to have that "experience" with the other albums.

LT's album cycle overall sucked balls, hardly any promotion, the videos/singles came out a shitload of time after they were meant to come out, much less touring, they didn't even play the new songs in Europe, just LGM and BID. I don't feel "complete" listening to this album, this is just a collection of songs, in fact, the only collection of songs as far as I can tell they recorded, it's not like MTM or ATS where they had a fuckload of demos and b-sides, they just grabbed 11 songs and thinned them out this time with LT.

The band is already in studio and Mike has said that it's likely that we'll hear new music late this year, which means that the same process is almost 99% likely to be just like this one.

So it's not strictly about the music but also about how the band has handled this album cycle. I remember finding a shitload of details with MTM, demo songs, seeds, etc., same thing with ATS. On the other hand LT is just "songs" and not even GREAT, MINDBLOWING ones which could justify why the cycle was such.

If this is to be the way LP will pour out new music then I'm sure the band will go downhill.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Nuff said.

Denny

Denny @Jackethx

:milka:

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

He might be. You Never know. I determine that in a matter of hours, your mother will in fact punish you.
    Grounded and forced to listen to LIVING THINGS for the rest of the day.
    MAY NEPTUNE HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL!
    :trollface:

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Unless their next album is pop country, they have my undivided attention for the long run.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I can see them wearing chaps! *facepalm* I, of course, will be stuck to them like glue!

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Wish I could make a joke, but I've changed my username.

Geki

Geki >.

I'm kind of torn about this. When I was younger growing up, 11 to about 16, I thought Hybrid Theory and Meteora were the absolute holy grail of anything holy in the world. I thought they were the best albums ever made and I listened to them on repeat all day, all night, the same songs, over and over again. Then in 2007 when LP totally changed up their sound with MTM, I felt weird. I started listening to a lot of new kinds of music, especially bands that were on like PR 2007, stuff like that. It really changed my opinion on what good music is. MTM is my favorite LP album of all time, and always will be. Then came along A Thousand Suns, which was very heavily influenced by electronic music. I didn't like electronic music back in 2010, but I appreciate it more now. I didn't really like A Thousand Suns, honestly, but now I appreciate it a lot more. It's still my least favorite LP album, but it's really good, if that makes any sense. Then came LIVING THINGS, and that actually opened me up to new music believe it or not, checking out a lot of folk/indie kinds of music, because the band said folk was a influence for the album. When the album came out, I didn't think the songs sounded 'folk' at all to be honest. I don't LOVE Living Things, but I like it more than A Thousand Suns. I feel like it's a bit un-original because of the drastic change of sound with MTM and A Thousand Suns, and Living Things sounds more like maybe the album in between MTM and A Thousand Suns. I have always said since I heard the album that all the songs on the album would fit perfectly with New Divide, which was released in between MTM and A Thousand Suns. I'd have to say if the band keeps making albums like Living Things, then yes, they are going downhill. But if the band continues to push themselves harder and make more unique music and do whatever they want, then they are getting better. Living Things seems like a neutral album to me, maybe trying to gain back some fans who jumped ship when MTM and ATS were released.