Scott Weiland Issues Statement On New STP, STP Sue Weiland For Use of Stone Temple Pilots Name [UPDA

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 26, 2013.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Well the LP fans that engage in that conflict are downright stupid. It's not our fault that Stone Temple Pilots decided to fire their singer and hell, it's not even Chester's fault that the band broke up in 1st place, the band members reached out to him and he had all his right to say yes or no.

They can be upset that the guys decided to move on with Scott, but neither Chester nor the LP fanbase are responsible for it, and if they resent us for that, well they are as good as Scott Weiland in playing the finger-pointing game.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Okay, I think that this is a little excessive

And that matters why, exactly?

Only the worst idiots from both fanbases are going to become seriously engaged in a YouTube flame war. Let them have their fun.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

The whole thing is just becoming a mess, im happy for Chester stp was his fav band growing up and he is the lead singer of it. But it seems like STP fans hate LP and their fans and taking it out on us
    for no reason at all.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Honestly, Scott is getting zero pity from me. You can say that he doesn't deserve this, but in actuality, he does because his band mates had to put up with his bullshit. He should have grown the fuck up and quit before it got the best of him. You don't see Chester fucking himself up anymore and he deserves way more than this little flame fest Scott is trying to start and unfortunately, there are STP fans that are so blind and arrogant that they will side with Scott because they can't accept change. No better than their drugged up idol. One thing can easily be said about STP's fanbase, its not worth arguing about, they're only a fraction of LP's fans and not to mention LP fans are slowly becoming STP fans because of Chester joining them so it only gets worse for them.

minuteforce

I seriously do not think that you should give a crap about how STP's fans feel about you. This little feud that you're describing is well and truly meaningless and anyone who has deluded themselves into believing otherwise is a loser.

Whatever it is that you love, defending it in YouTube comment sections is pointless.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Why can't those people just get along? :(

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

BREAKING: Linkin Park in internal disarray; Dave "Phoenix" Farrell and Brad Delson brawl over cereal in studio

In all seriousness, I just hope they clear this out of the way, and I really hope Chester doesn't have to suffer from this. He had absolutely nothing to do with it except with being the new lead singer.

...it's YouTube. YouTube comments make me lose hope almost most of the time.

And with this, I'm glad LP held an intervention and Chester cleaned up so quickly right after.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This. Scott is a textbook addict. He refuses to seek help, refuses to believe he deserved this and instead points the finger at everyone else. When both STP and VR hate him then you know there's a problem. He earned this and brought it himself.

Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't give a f*ck about this whole Stone Temple Pilot thing.
    I had never heard of Scott Weiland before and if I read the guy is probably drunk for the rest of his life, I'm even more convinced of ignoring everything related to STP.

Advice to Chester (sure he'll read this :kappa: ): focus on Linkin Park and use Dead By Sunrise for future side projects. I don't care if it's his favorite band or not. This just isn't worth the trouble...

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Regarding those "focus on LP and leave STP" kind of comments: c'mon guys. It's just not gonna happen, except if things got really bad with Scott. But I don't think it will turn out that bad. Chester has just announced he is the new singer, he seems excited as hell to be a part of the band, he has plan on recording a new album and touring. There's no way he gonna say to the 3 other guys in the band "Finally, I'm not too sure of this. I think I'm gonna leave, bye guys!".

If he was not sure, he would have refused the STP project before releasing a new song and performing with them. Now, it's done, and I can't imagine him turning back and givin up on this.

Last edited: May 27, 2013
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I hope Chester stays with STP for a long time just to piss some people off.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Sounds like a plan! Besides if Chester get sick of dealing with their BS'.....He always have LPf & us!

Hybrid

Wow. Out of curiosity, how old are you? I'm not trying to be mean or anything, it just blows my mind that someone doesn't know who he is.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Neither do I.

Stino LPLeaks

22 years old, thank you. But how should I say this... did you know the world is bigger than the USA?

Just compare our local wikipedia page about STP: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Temple_Pilots
    to this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Temple_Pilots

That's about how famous STP is in my country (and in most other parts of Europe... and Asia... and Africa...).

minuteforce

kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

Stone Temple Pilots are huge in English-speaking countries, but not so much elsewhere.

laura

laura Well-Known Member

i don't like this 'm sorry there is this hate tha fans because after a while there will be chester in place of the 'other, and if we continue to hate us so we will end up with one' another go is a dream ok I just hope this does not push it to collapse again

Last edited: May 27, 2013
    Stino LPLeaks

I think someone created that wiki page and then thought... never mind, I'll just give a short description. No one's going to read it anyway... :D

Hybrid

Nope. 'Merica is definitely bigger than the world. :jesse:

In all seiousness, when there is a band that is/was big in your location, it's hard to gauge how big the band is in other places. Where I'm from, if you even vaguely know anything about 90's rock music, you know of the name of Scott Weiland.

I wasn't trying to be condescending at all with my initial question and didn't warrant an answer by you as such. You could have flat out said that STP isn't/wasn't as big as they are/were in America and I would have understood that just fine.