Scott Weiland Issues Statement On New STP, STP Sue Weiland For Use of Stone Temple Pilots Name [UPDA

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 26, 2013.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I'll call LP and tell them they lost 2 fans. I'm sure they'll completely change the sound of their album now.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Does that mean that this and the whole STP thing have stopped mattering to you if the sound of the next LP album is now "all that matters" and "all you care about"?

If all that you want from this band is hard rock or nu-metal, there are other bands doing that far better than Linkin Park are. If you just want loud, heavy guitars in general, you have your choice of literally just about any other band ever.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Oh lawd.

Poor Chester, look what he got himself into :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And you're definitely welcome here! I hope more BE users sign up here too. It's a shame the site has closed in protest, as I was hoping the fanbases could co-exist but I'd be more than happy to have them all come here. Spread the word, all STP fans are welcome on this board.

And you definitely picked a great album to get you started on LP. I also recommend Minutes To Midnight. It's a criminally underrated album IMHO and worth a listen. Many of the complaints were in response to the "scattered" feeling of the tracklist (the album pretty much goes from genre to genre and doesn't really flow, which supposedly was deliberate) but once you get past that there's a lot of really well written songs on there.

minuteforce

One thing that Linkin Park and Stone Temple Pilots have in common is that, if they went with whatever their fans wanted most of the time in terms of important career choices, both bands would probably be in a bad place. Sure, such-and-such message board can shut down in protest and, yes, that's really unfortunate, but, if STP had Scott as their frontman again, everyone knows that it would be bound to not go well.

Except that, now, most of the band's other music might seem kind of sub-par ;D

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If anything I think it would show the band's ability to reinvent themselves. That they went from being pigeonholed as a nu-metal group but broke out of those boundaries to make an album that challenged their critics AND their fans. But that's just the the way I see it haha.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Yeah! A great album indeed! :D and welcome again to the forums.

It would be really interesting to see more STP fans joining the forums and have a talk about what's going on right now, especially if they're like you and keep it at reasonable discussion levels and not start a flame-war.

Some of us can only speculate about the stir that STP is going through right now, but fans of the band might be more able to explain given they've followed the band throughout the years, as well as we could give STP fans an insight of who Chester is and what contributions he's made to LP's music. It would help draw the full picture for both fanbases.

laura

laura Well-Known Member

welcome STP fan , :hug:

Last edited: May 28, 2013
    MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Why should any 1 care about what STP does if their not a fan. You tell me? If you're a LP fan you shouldn't care what STP does even if Chester is the lead singer. The main focus is LP's next project.

And how to heck do you know what I want their next album to sound like. Did I say I wanted it to be heavy or nu metal? So you need to watch what you say cause some peolle can take it the wrong way. Now I would like to hear some heavy stuff from the band but that doesn't mean it has to be that nu metal as I said over and over again LP can challenge themselves to make Heavy stuff without have that nu metal sound. I'd also like a full hip hop album that would be pretty cool even thought that will prob never happen.

Andreina

So basically if you're an LP fan you can't listen to anything else because "main priority is LP"? What the fuck? :lol:

Oh okay, so I guess I shouldn't get excited about what my other favorite bands do. Even if they're STP or not.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Don't be so suspicious! :lol:

Some people, yeaaaaah..

Thing is, what you want is always "heavy stuff". Rather than talking about how they should challenge themselves with "heavy music", maybe be more specific? What do you want them to do specifially? Discuss things instead of giving a vague description of what you want them to do.P

As you've probably noticed, this thread is about STP so the main focus here is STP. If the admins here want to post STP news as LPA news, then they are free to do so, their site. Not interested? Don't read said news posts. Quite simple actually.

Anyways, let me be the one to tell you this time: chill the fuck out.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I never said you couldn't listen to anything else wtf? All I'm saying is people are getting worked up with Chester becoming the lead singer of STP. That's fine a lot of LP fans are taking this thing way to seriously and they shouldnt instead of making a big production and worrying about STP they should just focus on LP and the upcoming album instead of carrying on and complaining about how Chester is the lead singer of another band, like get over it seriously it was his choice.

minuteforce

:huh: Well, yeah, it's just that I've noticed how you've consistently complained about how

• Chester is getting involved in a project without the rest of Linkin Park
    • STP fans are waging a "war" against LP fans in YouTube comment sections

but, suddenly, you're claiming that you don't care at all about either of those things. But, if that's how it is and I merely misread all that you've posted in this thread up until now, then, okay. I'm sorry.

Re: "nu-metal" - I was speaking generally to broadly describe the heavier side of Linkin Park's music as we've heard so far. Bringing a discussion about Linkin Park's sixth album into this thread was definitely a bad move on my part so I apologise.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

:popcorn:

Andreina

You know, for being someone who "doesn't care", he talks quite a LOT on threads that he supposedly doesn't give a crap about. (Even YouTube comments, God, f-ing YOUTUBE! :rofl:)

The real meaning of "not caring" = IGNORE, don't even read, move on.

laura

laura Well-Known Member

I read on facebook what they say about chester are not very happy with this decision and want the singer before him .... I think chester must have the chanse to get running with this band without hindering those who have it will just take time

Hybrid

A lot of STP's original fanbase hate the idea of someone else frontlining STP other than Scott Weiland.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

You. I like you. You're level headed and there's no bullshit. Welcome to the LPA.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Well, the first time I heard of him was when I checked out STP's Wikipedia page when Chester joined the band.

20. Hybrid

You're also 14. :shinado: