Scott Weiland Issues Statement On New STP, STP Sue Weiland For Use of Stone Temple Pilots Name [UPDA

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 26, 2013.

1. jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Hey wolflink remember that time the Deftones broke up because Chino has three separate side projects and has done many other collaborations? What about how Slipnot and Stone Sour have both suffered from having the same front man? Yeah me either.

2. Stpilots98

Stpilots98 Active Member

Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan are their two best albums I might add. Rosemary :worship:

3. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Alright so first and foremost, this isn't a "war" of LP fans like you are making it out to be. STOP trying to make something out of nothing. YOUR personal feelings about how Chester's decision to join STP being a bad decision and unbeneficial has yet to be seen. You need to take the lid off of the jar and let the fireflies free before they die of suffocation. Your "point" of "LP borrowing Chester," is a completely asinine statement. The band has been supportive of Chester on his current endeavors of juggling his free time. I admire and trust Linkin Park's support for Chester. You also need to remember that Chester has gone, on record, saying LP is still his number one priority. This has put any unrest that I had with Chester's decision to join STP and made me very supportive of said decision.

You are absolutely right about band members personal lives. For the sake of conversation on the point that you brought up, Chester was able to get help and straighten out his priorities. Scott, on the other hand, it still runs his life and has disrupted his relationship to the band he once was in. I believe that if Scott straightened himself out, the original line-up would be touring their 20 years of Core tour as well as making new music along the way.

4. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

So who's ready for LP6? hahaha

5. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

THEN, HOW DO YOU CALL THAT MOVEMENT?
    RENTED, TAKEN, GIVEN.
    STP KNEW CHESTER WILL NEVER SAY NO.
    THEY ACTED WITH ADVANTAGE.

FROM ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE:
    LEGALLY SPEAKING THERE MUST BE SOME KIND OF CONTRACT THAT LINK CHESTER WITH LP.
    WHEN YOU ARE "WORKING" THERE ARE SEVERAL CONTRACT CLAUSES THAT YOU MUST FULLFILL.
    DO YOU THINK IS A MATTER OF ONLY SAY YES????
    NOW CHESTER HAS A NEW CONTRACT WITH STP AND THAT CONTRACT IS ONE OF THE THINGS THAT WILL AFFECT LP.
    WHAT IF IS MANDATORY TO RELEASE X NUMBER OF ALBUMS IN X TIME???? OR TOURING X TIMES IN A YEAR???
    WHEN YOU SIGN A CONTRACT THERE´S NO SUCH THING AS PRIORITIES YOU MUST MEET YOUR OBLIGATIONS AS A WORKER.

6. Geki

Geki >.

Since when has Chester just been some guy who can easily be replaced and doesn't matter anyways? Just curious. He has been the lead singer of Linkin Park since Linkin Park has ever been relevant. Xero and Hybrid Theory don't count, they weren't popular at all, especially with Mark Wakefield. You guys honestly could just take or leave Chester? I don't get it. He is a staple of the band, many people think of Chester when they think of Linkin Park, especially casual fans.

7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

If either of the bands (LP in particular) felt that this would be a serious problem, then, Chester would have never taken up the opportunity to be STP's frontman. Simple as that.

Therefore, the fact that he did take up the offer and is now STP's frontman means that your arguments are groundless. If there were any legal obstacles, then, the involved parties overcame them.

No-one has ever said anything about "replacing" Chester in Linkin Park.

8. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Shhhhhhh, stop yelling. I'm sure Chester and lawyers figured all these things out. Joining STP wasn't instantaneous nor a carefree decision.

Is there anything else you'd like to bring up to show how much you hate the whole situation? Please, we're all ears. :kappa:

I know, there may be a few things to worry about (legal trouble with Scott and all) but just be happy that Chester is living his dreams. You don't have to get pissy about everything, wolflink.

9. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'M GONNA POST IN ALL CAPS TO TRY AND MAKE MY POINT AND I HOPE PEOPLE WILL FINALLY UNDERSTAND THAT CHESTER SHOULDN'T JOIN STP

Seriously wolflink, you really need to calm the fuck down about this. It's not the end of the world if a member of one of your favorite bands joins one of their favorite bands. It's getting ludicrous.

10. wolflink

sorry i forgot the caps, im working in excel right now, and it must be done with caps.

And im ok isadore thnx.

@Jeff i´m in calm, i dont like it, but i accepted this scenario.
    i know is not the end of the world, maybe i am egoist and didnt know about it until now.
    And of course im happy for chester, of course i have preferred a new DBS album.

11. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Hey people. How's it going? :gnome:

12. minuteforce

:huh: Riiight. Sounds pretty believable. I mean, totally believable that you wouldn't notice that you had typed up and, then, published two whole paragraphs in #ALLCAPSEVERYTHING

No, you see, if Chester started work on a new Dead By Sunrise album, that would mean that

Also, do you know what LP and DBS would have in common if that happened? They would have the same lead singer and, wow, what a big jump that would be!

By the way, I was being sarcastic.

13. wolflink

lp.png

Seriously, heres my proff

And i share my desk

lp2.jpg

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  14. Stpilots98

Stpilots98 Active Member

15. minuteforce

This belongs in the Stone Temple Pilots thread in "Side Projects" rather than in this thread.

You can also post it in the "Got News?" thread. At this time of writing, no-one else has posted it so you can be the first!

16. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

STP isn't generic in the slightest.

Wolflink's comments give me a headache.

17. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Geki, where in the hell did you get this idea that Chester is going to be replaced in LP? More-over, why the hell do you think everyone is okay with that? Chester's involvement with LP is an entirely different situation with Scott and STP. According to the statement that STP published that I posted here, Scott really fucked the pooch for the band and halted all progress for the band. He went behind STP's back to tour for himself while the rest of the band was stuck sitting with their thumbs up their ass. Chester's involvement with STP was brought up to the rest of the band and he made sure they were cool with him doing this as a side project. The band have been nothing but supportive of Chester, thus have most of the people here. This misnomer that you've magically come up with about Chester and LP and leaving and everyone wanting to replace him in the band, you really need to get that out of your head, man.

So you're telling me that you don't look at your monitor/screen while typing or proof-read what you type before posting? I think your excuse for using excel is about as believable as every single one of your "truth-backed" posts in this thread. Needless to say, this forum looks down on using #ALLCAPSEVERYTHING in a post. It makes you look incredibly rude. Congrats with that.

18. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Wahhhhhhhhhh my lead singer is singing in another band wahhhhhhh.

Jimminy Christmas some of you act like your gf/bf just broke up with you.

Not to mention Sol Invicto and Decibel Devils.

The foremost has Steph and the latter has Frank.

OMG de deftnes ar gn brekup!

19. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Since I was born in 1997, I'm not very familiar with older bands' music, although I have heard of Stone Temple Pilots many times in different articles. Since Chester joined the band, I thought it would be a good fresh start to be introduced to their music.

20. minuteforce

What are your thoughts on this situation with Scott? :)