Scott Weiland Issues Statement On New STP, STP Sue Weiland For Use of Stone Temple Pilots Name [UPDA

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 26, 2013.

1. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

Some people seem to be implying that Chester Bennington, a 37 year old man who has been in the industry for over half his life, is incapable of knowing what he's gotten himself into. Yes, Chester does probably have an agreement with STP with regard to working on and releasing X number of albums. An agreement which he either worked on WITH STP or was made aware of before joining the band. STP have not "taken advantage" of Chester, he is a grown man and knows fully the pros and cons of being the lead vocalist of STP. I myself am a diehard LP fan yet I don't share the paranoia of "omgz Cheztur is leaving us" or "i haz a bad feeling about dis".

The things people are saying, you'd think Chester is completely unaware of what awaits him and may soon be ambushed by STP with a binding contract to eternal servitude and a new-found dislike for being in LP. Come on guys, let me reiterate: Chester is a grown man, no stranger to the industry, and is more than capable of weighing his options and managing his life. Have faith in the guy. Don't insult Chester's intelligence.

2. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I can't believe you've been following the band for 10 years (so, you've known about FM and DBS since the first day) and you belive somehow this is a danger to LP?

3. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I can't lie, I read this in Bane's voice. I also agree with everything you've said. Justice served.

4. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*grabs ax* Can I smashed this soapbox now?

5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You know, technically I could have issued several infractions in this thread. Why? Because numerous users have broken the "Respect other people's musical tastes" rule with their biased and uninformed bashing of Stone Temple Pilots. Now I've been lenient about it so far, but my patience is being severely tested. STP is here to stay and if the LPA is going to report on it. And the haters can be sure that if Chester's involvement becomes long term that we may even have a forum section about it, so I suggest everyone gets used to it now. With Below Empty closed down, there's going to be a lot of STP fans looking for a new home and I want them to feel welcome here. Either the STP trash talking stops or ill make it stop. We have rules here and I've let them be broken long enough.

6. Hybrid

Thank you, Derek. :)

7. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

If I were you I'd already give it to them. Maybe because I'm a little OCD and I like people to follow rules all the time. :p

BACK ON TOPIC

I think it is a good idea that Chester joins the Stone Temple Pilots, but I don't think the other bandmembers should sue Weiland for performing songs he wrote. It's like saying Paul McCartney can't sing "Hey Jude" or "Yesterday" in his tour. Also, if the allegation is true that Weiland is trying to ban "Out of Time" from radio, it's not right because 1) it's a song the new STP made, not him 2) he got fired, so he doesn't have anything to do with the new stuff they're releasing 3) it's banning an awesome song from radio. Sure, it sucks to get fired from the band you created, but sheesh, you could've sobered up before that happened. If he changed now, then good for him, but it's pretty much his fault for screwing up which led to his termination. Chester was just helping out some friends. Nothing wrong with that

8. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

^ QFT. Again, I think that some aspects of the lawsuit are a little excessive. Not letting Weiland perform STP songs live is pushing it a little ... but, then, not letting him even talk about the band, that's definitely going too far.

9. NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

I meant that I've read things on addiction in general because I'm a hypochondriac, which is why I said it was way off topic.
    I was trying to describe the way people around me talked about those topics without using the word ignorant to describe them.
    So, it was way off topic but the fans are being hypocritical.

10. Hybrid

The band felt wronged by him. The statement that STP released yesterday explains how he undermined the band and what was supposed to be their upcoming plans.

What fans are you talking about?

11. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

What in the actual fuck? How is Chester with DBS any different than Chester with STP. They're both different bands with Chester as the Frontman. It's exactly the same scenario!

GOLDEN!

If there's one thing LPA has taught me it's that while some Linkin Park fans are amazing and genuinely awesome people, there are others that terrify me beyond measure.

12. Derek

And I fear those are the ones STP fans are being introduced to in this thread. To all the STP fans out there: not all LP fans are ignorant.

13. Stpilots98

Stpilots98 Active Member

It's cool, I understand that people listen to the radio and only know STP by their hits, Plush/Interstate etc... but take the time to actually listen to their catolog before you brand them as a "Grunge Band" and compare them to a band that sounds nothing alike (Nirvana)
    Listen to Adhesive, Atlanta, And So I Know, Hello It's Late, Regeneration, Long Way Home, Bi-Polar Bear, Glide, Samba Nova etc... Those are not generic radio singles and most music fans wouldn't be able to even understand them. Me personally, my favorite albums/songs of all time I usually never like them on the first listen. It's until the 4th/5th time that a light goes off and I'm like "oh, I get it" I'm sure a lot of you were like that with A Thousand Suns! As well as I'm sure the average music fan doesn't get ATS and thinks Hybrid Theory is LP.

14. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Hm, I've got a question. SRF teletext (http://www.teletext.ch/SRF1/734-00.html; in German) states that Chester joining STP is a workaround. They even quote Chester calling it a "temporary job" (Aushilfsjob). Is that true or are they missinformed?

15. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

You have been very, VERY patient Derek, because as I kept reading, I was already fed up with the rulebreaking.

I love you, Phil. See, you don't have to be born in the 80's and witness the whole of STP's career to talk sense.

16. Hybrid

You, sir, are absolutely right. The very first time I heard ATS I was all "What am I listening to!?" I gave it a couple of more chances and listen-throughs and it was there that I kept finding and discovering new things that I love about that album. It wasn't long after that I became obsessed with the record and went for months of only listening to it. Being a long-time fan of LP, it was quite a step away from what initially got me hooked in with the band(HT). I was one of the few "Nu-metal fans" who stuck with them through their style change. I stopped caring about how others viewed my musical taste. I honestly couldn't give a fuck anymore about "bad-ass songs." As long as I liked what I was hearing, that should be all that matters. So I'm getting away from the point. ATS changed my musical mindset. :lol:

17. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

We know that they are making a new album together (with Chester) and they are going to play a few shows. That's for sure. Everything else is uncertain. Chester also stated he is the new lead singer of the Stone Temple Pilots. At the moment it looks like Weiland won't return to the band and I doubt they'll only do that one album with Chester and after that search for another lead singer. They have been around and they have been a pretty inactive band for the last years. I can imagine that they will release 2 or 3 records with Chester over the (maybe) next 10 years, 'cause Chester also said his priority is Linkin Park. STP seems like a sideproject for him right now.
    Attention! Bad English!

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  18. Derek

How the hell do you consider your English bad? I think it's fine.

/I can see your invisible text

19. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Missinformed. I mean, watch the interview on LPA's YT account.

- ''Are you the lead singer of Linkin Park or the lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots, or are you the lead singer of both?''

- ''The lead singer of both!''

- ''*sarcasm*What a greedy asshole!''

- ''*sarcasm*I'm a greedy bastard!''

20. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

I knew it. :timothy:
    Thanks. :)