Scott Weiland Issues Statement On New STP, STP Sue Weiland For Use of Stone Temple Pilots Name [UPDA

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 26, 2013.

1. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This forum is welcome and open to fans of STP. I hope we get a lot of fans of their music in here. Maybe we can have more of an intelligent conversation than the one we are having on this thread. We have been way off topic by a certain few who keep deliberately derailing conversation related to the OP. I am honestly tired of it. Get over the fact that we are going to post STP news. There is no difference between that and other side project ventures. My thumbs are getting tired of typing (and editing) what seems l ike the same exact post over and over and over again on my phone.

2. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

According with that line of thought, the Other Music section should be eliminated altogether. You don't want LPA to turn into a Linkin Park & Many other bands/musicians fansite :kappa:

3. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Oh, and both this btw. I don't see how STP being an "old" band would make it a different side project than what DBS or FM were. They're still side projects. And I can't understand how an old band making new music wouldn't be exciting. Just because it's old - "has been" - whathever? Honestly, who cares? As long as some people enjoy the songs, then it's exciting to them, old or not, outdated or not. I don't feel ashamed to say I enjoy outdated stuff like 80 pop music or 1900' Blues.

4. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Guys let's please get back on topic. Discuss this in another thread. :/

5. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

The members of STP have a history under their own name with a different singer.

The members of DBS have a history under a different name with a different singer.

Is that the only problem, that STP has a past under the same name? I don't really get why, because you are reading news about a band with a past discography, you feel that their entire discography is being shoved down your throat. You have no requirements to listen to Julien-K nor any requirements to listen to anything by Stone Temple Pilots. Truth be told I've never listened to Julien-K but I appreciate news relating to Dead by Sunrise. You can easily appreciate the new Stone Temple Pilots without listening to the old Stone Temple Pilots (which is somewhat closed minded as they are a great band) as I have done with DBS.

I'm not intending to prolong any arguments, but I want to open up the minds of anyone who thinks its a requirement to like STP because there are now news posts on the front page. Give the band an honest chance and you'll see they certainly are not generic (Core is a fantastic album) and definitely suit Chester to show off his talent.

And lastly, LPA staff are da best.

6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This isnt directed to anyone in particular, but instead to everyone: The next person to whine and bitch that we are covering STP after being asked to stop numerous times by staff is getting an infraction for being off topic/disrespecting staff. Both of which are rules and are infraction worthy offenses. I am not kidding. Either A. Get over it and grow up, B. Leave if you can't handle it or C. Let us help you have a permanent vacation from this website.

I am beyond sick and tired of being told what we can report on our website. It's disrespecting our hard work and you can go elsewhere if you don't want to be respectful. Enough is enough.

7. Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

All I'm gonna say on this post, just to sum it all up and finally to stop dragging this on, is that It's going to be annoying having posts about STP for the foreseeable future, that's all. There's no chance I'm ever going to be excited for STP until they bring out some music I like with Chester, but since they haven't yet I have no feelings towards them other then biased opinions. I understand it's biased, but I don't see the point in giving them a chance. I don't listen to Queen or U2, and I won't give the old stuff from Queen or U2 a chance just because someone from LP joins it. I guess I'll have to be open minded and give the NEW stuff a chance, but as it stands the new song does nothing for me, although I'll admit it's better than the songs other people told me to check out by STP (I didn't like any of them). It just makes me cringe.. Anyway, this isn't me moaning now, this is me saying I'll give it a chance, but what happens if after they release a few more tracks or an album that is totally terrible and not even Derek or anyone else likes them? We're still going to get force fed news as if it should be exciting to us. Anyway, like I said I can't be too judge-full yet, I'll give them a chance, :/, quite unexcited but there we are. nothing more to be said.

8. laura

laura Well-Known Member

I could not agree with Derek's time to stop
    :angry:

9. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Thank you, Derek.

10. Derek

*edit* never mind .

11. Andreina

Ouch.

12. Derek

Yeah shit's starting to hit the proverbial fan.

Btw And, I fixed your quote as it had included the source tag, and the source tag was for the original post not the update lol.

13. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Wow, shit is hitting the fan and it's getting messy. Hopefully it doesn't extend into any long legal battles that would keep Chester away from other things. I think both Stone Temple Pilots and Scott Weiland are overreacting and being unreasonable (to varying degrees) and it's leaving poor Chester in the middle of the battlefield.

(Disclaimer, I'm not trying to start up any debate. Just speaking from a legal perspective. )

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  14. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

[​IMG]

15. Derek

Technically this should've been expected. Firing someone who pretty much formed the band and wrote the majority of the songs, and then filing a lawsuit to prohibit him from performing HIS songs (even if Scott was being a right tart) was bound to cause a war.

16. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I agree with you, and that's where I think the current Stone Temple Pilots are being unreasonable.
    Both parties are being right assholes (sans Chester, he's caught in the wildfire.)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  17. Serenity

Honestly, Chester had to have known what he was getting into. It's hard to feel like he's getting dragged into something unwillingly, because I feel like he knew exactly what would happen in all of this. Still, there should be better ways of resolving this than bringing it into court.

18. Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

wow, now it`s getting really messy. I can understand Scott`s POV in the case. These are his songs, he has written them and should be allowed to play them whereever and whenever he wants. Sure, he fucked up by being irresponsible and rude towards his former bandmates, but still.

19. Andreina

This. It's something I was talking about earlier, but it's just unevitable. It's a shame.

And I repeat my question. I wonder if it's worth all the trouble for him.

20. Serenity

Agreed. Whatever he's done in the past, surely it's not enough to deserve being barred from his music or his history (not being able to refer to himself as a former member of STP). The other guys from STP could have taken the high road in the first place.
    I feel like the $7 million in damages is a bit much; maybe at this point STP should just consider a new name and continue on as a spiritual successor to Stone Temple Pilots. I don't see the need to cling to the old name when Scott Weiland will no longer be involved with them any more, anyway.