LPA Monthly Mix-Up June 2013: LIES GREED MISERY / ROADS UNTRAVELED / SKIN TO BONE

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 6, 2013.

Tags:
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

JUNE 2013

What Is the LPA Monthly Mix-Up?
    LPA Monthly Mix-Up is an ambitious concept intended to showcase the massive amount of musical talent currently unheard among the Linkin Park fan community. Every month, we will be challenging fans to compete and show off their musical skills, using any and all tools available to them to create their entry. At the conclusion of each competition period, our staff will then go through each entry submitted, and pick our absolute favorite to be featured on the site as the "Winner Of The Month". To promote fairness, runner ups will also be shown, but only one lucky Linkin Park fan will walk away with the honor of being featured as the "Monthly Winner". Now that we have that out of the way view this month's theme below.

Our official theme for the month of June 2013 is:

LIES GREED MISERY/ROADS UNTRAVELED/SKIN TO BONE

This month the Monthly Mix-Up will be celebrating the upcoming 1 year anniversary of LIVING THINGS! We'll be doing this by giving you three tracks from the album to remix in whatever way you like. There's no limits on the genre as long as you use one of the tracks featured in the theme list above. If you've been keeping count of the themes we've used over the years you'll know there are still some LIVING THINGS tracks that we haven't used in any theme yet, but this month we get one step closer to using them all by throwing LIES GREED MISERY, ROADS UNTRAVELED and SKIN TO BONE into the mix. This contest is much like the theme Mike Shinoda chose for us back in October 2012, with a selection of three LIVING THINGS tracks. The only rule is that we don't really want to see mash-ups with other artists here. Simply choose one of the three tracks above and do what you like with it, but mash-ups with other artists are off the table. Have fun this month and get as creative as possible! Can't wait to hear what you guys do with these tracks! Because of the delay we'll allow a few more days at the end of this month if anyone requests it. Good luck!

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Muehehehehehehehe

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I already remixed Skin to Bone(for the Christmas MMU) and Roads Untraveled. But I feel like redoing Roads Untraveled. My original remix is boring. Not interested in LGM right now. Maybe some day though

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

I'm really looking forward to this.
    Say bye-bye, count 4 of Skin To Bone!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Alright guys. Well I promised to make an announcement when the new MMU was released and here it is. This month will most likely be my last month of participating in the contest. I will be participating this month in kind of like a "full circle" kind of way. I hope you will like what plans I've got coming your way.

So some of you might be wondering why, and I'm going to tell you: Life. I have two boys at home who require a lot of attention from me as well as a whole list of things that I need to get done for my home. I am able to still be on the forum like I normally am, but, I just feel like I no longer have the extra time that I need to make a quality remix for the competition anymore. I know some of you guys really liked what I did and some of you hated it, but I guess that's all par for the course. I will admit, however, some months I did put out some crap. :lol:

I will continue to make mash-ups and remixes in my spare time. I have about 4 unfinished projects right now. I just can no longer spend days on end in front of my computer neglecting what I need to get done when I am at home. I hope you guys will understand.

*EDIT*
    I just wanted to make sure that you guys understand that this decision will not, in any way mean that my presence on the forum will be diminished. I can still be on the forum and get news to you guys while being on my phone/laptop while I'm at home.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Nah, it's ok. Taking care of your children should be your #1 priority now. But since you're participating this month, you better do the best you can, for a grand finale! :awesome:

UncertainSound

UncertainSound Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

UncertainSound

UncertainSound Well-Known Member

Ah, I didn't catch that. I'll see if I can do anything else but not sure if I'll have the time :(

rostasliwka

rostasliwka RS

Reflectionist

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

THIS GON' BE GOOD.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

Oh, I think I'm gonna thoroughly enjoy his month.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Reflectionist

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

The weather is too good to spend time remixing. I hope it rains for one day so I can just stay in and start working on it.

Edit: After a long day of swimming in ''the pond'' for hours and hours I'm starting my remix now.

Another edit: I didn't start my remix yet

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

We haven't finished our remix yet, we've only spent - not even - a week on it so far, so is still a work in progress, however it DOES sound finished, but there is a few things we need to change, here's a 30 second preview anyway because I love it so much :D Hope you guys like it http://soundcloud.com/nuburo/nuburo-lies-greed-misery-remix

*Edit- Separately we're also working on another remix "Skin To Bone" - http://soundcloud.com/nuburo/nuburo-skin-to-bone-inc Granted it hasn't been worked on as much as Lies Greed Misery, but we'll change that ;). Hope you guys like our efforts.

Actually, just for a heads up, are we aloud to submit multiple entries or just one?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Only one. So you'll have to decide which one you like more. Personally I'm fond of what you did to Chester's voice in the first one.