LIVING THINGS 1 Year Anniversary Week: Podcast, Listening Party, Concert Live Stream + More

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 19, 2013.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It's hard to believe that Linkin Park's fifth studio album is approaching its first birthday. It doesn't seem too long ago that fans were piecing together BURN IT DOWN puzzle pieces, playing video games on Linkin Park's official website and digging through source code to cypher numbers together in hopes of unveiling every piece of information we could about Linkin Park's new album. That album, of course, is LIVING THINGS and this time next week it will be exactly one year old! We wanted to celebrate one of Linkin Park's most successful album cycles with a week's worth of events and activity in commemoration of LIVING THINGS' release and we hope you can join in with us! All events will take place on the LPAssociation Live Events Page at the stated time-slot, so be sure to bookmark it.

[​IMG]

On Saturday June 22nd we'll be streaming a live performance from Linkin Park's LIVING THINGS World Tour. We chose to broadcast Linkin Park's show from the Arena Anhembi in São Paulo, Brazil on October 7th, 2012. This was Linkin Park's first show back in Brazil since 2010 and the crowd were on top form. The show was broadcast on TV so there's a decent pro-shot floating around which includes tracks like IN MY REMAINS, LIES GREED MISERY, VICTIMIZED/Qwerty and BURN IT DOWN (Full Setlist Here). The show is readily available online but we always have fun watching them together with you guys so we hope you can stop by our channel and hang out with us, chat with each other and watch the show together.

[​IMG]

On Sunday June 23rd we'll be holding a listening party of LIVING THINGS. We'll stream the album and be in the chat to hang out with you guys to discuss the album and anything else that comes up. It's always good to hang out with fans and we hope you can join us one year later to listen to LIVING THINGS.

[​IMG]

LISTEN ONLINE HERE

After the listening party on June 23rd we'll be holding a LIVING THINGS themed podcast where we'll take a look at LIVING THINGS and discuss everything there is to discuss about its release cycle, the album itself and everything that surrounded it including the LPU Summit in Camden, NJ, the Linkin Park Scavenger Hunt and whatever else the conversation delivers. We never got around to this last year so it will be awesome to take on these subjects with the staff who attended these events and with you guys, who we hope can stop by and take part in the discussion yourselves!

Not only will we be hosting these events this weekend but we'll be celebrating LIVING THINGS' birthday all week with activity beginning tomorrow on the LPAssociation Twitter! Make sure you follow to join in with all the celebrations and we hope we see you taking part this week! View a timetable of what's happening and when below. Note, these are the scheduled events. Expect more to be announced and running on Twitter in the week leading up to the 26th.

Thursday June 20th - 26th

LIVING THINGS Elimination Twitter Challenge

Saturday June 22nd: 12pm PST - 3:00pm EST - 8pm GMT

LIVING THINGS World Tour Concert Stream

Sunday June 23rd: 11am PST - 2:00pm EST - 7pm GMT

LIVING THINGS Listening Party

Sunday June 23rd: 12pm PST - 3:00pm EST - 8pm GMT

LIVING THINGS LPAssociation Podcast
    [Listen Online]

Thursday June 26th:
    12pm PST - 3:00pm EST - 8pm GMT

INSIDE LIVING THINGS Live Stream

LIVING THINGS: 1 Year Later Article

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Nice!

Expect more things... :shifty: (Only a select few people will have any idea what I'm talking about)

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Now time for impromptu acoustic parody mashups.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Awww yeahhh! LIVING THINGSIVERSARY! :come2brazil:

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

:come2brazil:

laura

laura Well-Known Member

i love this cd i remember the scavenger's hunt and the crazzy puzzle for burn it down
    so happy LIVING THINGS party

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Ugh, an activity on Sunday again :lol: (well it's obvious 'cause people don't work on Sundays), I hope to be at home so I can join the listening party.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Those were the days...I stayed up all night until sunrise listening to this album when it leaked. I'm still listening to some of the songs on daily basis.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I remember that day that I almost left work early to drive all the way to Lincoln Park Zoo for a freaking soccer jersey...

:come2brazil:

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

don't really care. LT is bad. Haven't listened to it at all this year.

ATS is still light years ahead.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR POSITIVE OPINION. It's nice to see you being excited.

Andreina

If you didn't care, you hadn't taken the time to post ;)

And yes, thank you for your substantially insightful post.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm going to have to kindly request you change your username. Considering it is literally one letter off from Derek I would like to prevent people from assuming you were me, considering I went by Derek The Infamous for nearly two years on here. I'm aware thats why you're doing it but it has to be changed. Please PM me with a new user name. Thank you.

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Should be fun! :come2brazil:

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Listening to Powerless now. It's already been a year since it first leaked though. June 16th. I remember listening to it for the first time on iTunes. That year went so fast, and I discovered more new music in that one year than any other time in my life

Serenity

I'm listening to A Thousand Suns right now, actually... [​IMG] I guess maybe I should pop in Living Things for a while.

I remember getting the CD in the mail and ripping it to my laptop immediately. Listening to LOST IN THE ECHO for the first time was wonderful.
    Also, that album release was the first time I didn't listen to leaks at all, though I did cheat a bit by listening to 30 second previews.
    :isee:

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

We can change our own usernames?

Serenity

You can PM an admin to change your username, sure.

Andreina

I still listen to it. But then again, I listen to every LP album every once in a while :lol:

I "had" to listen to the leak in order to participate in the forums even though I preordered, because I got my album like 15-20 days later due to shipment. It was a great pre-album cycle, one of the best, too bad the later promotion didn't do it justice.

Serenity

Yeah, I agree. Maybe the guys will have better luck promoting next album after it drops, or perhaps promoting Hahn's film and their soundtrack for it.