What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

"Spring Breakers", 3/5 - As a teenage male ... I approve. Plus, James Franco is king.

2. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

The East - 3/5

Meh. This felt a little too similar to Brit Marling's last movie, Sound of my Voice, which I preferred. Some bits in the middle were interesting, and Ellen Page's one big scene stands out. But overall, this wasn't nearly as psychological or weird as I thought it would be, and really just ended up being an average drama.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  3. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

American History X.

4. snailharvest

snailharvest nice

This. It was alright. Filled with a fuck-load of eye candy, not that i'm complaining. It wasn't as "genius" or "groundbreaking" as people said it was but James Franco did an awesome job. It wasn't... enjoyable but.. I wouldn't regret watching it. It's a pretty clever movie tbh.

Best enjoyed in a room full of teenage boys.

5. ChazMik

ChazMik Member

I recently watch Transformers 3... it´s a 3/5 film.

6. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

:dafuq:

7. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

12 Angry Men: 9/10

Classic.

8. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

World War Z- 4/5. Definitely a breathe of fresh zombie air after The Walking Dead got stale. This film is INCREDIBLY intense, and it really does make your heart pound throughout. Very nice blend of epic, grand zombie apocalypse stuff and smaller scale scares. And hearing Muse blast in a big ass movie theatre throughout the film is a nice touch. ;)

Only complaint is that it shouldn't even say it's based on the Max Brooks novel haha. If you can find any similarities between the book and the film besides the title, you let me know, because I saw none.

9. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

The Campaign - 6/10

It was good for a few chuckles here and there, but it wasn't as funny as I expected.

10. MKH

As the infection spreads, Israel abandons the Palestinian territories and initiates a nationwide quarantine, closing its borders to everyone except uninfected Jews and Palestinians.

^ There's a big one :p

11. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Aha! Depends how you look at it really. You gave "Spring Breakers" a "1", most likely from a more adult view (I can only assume), whereas I gave it a "3" from a younger, teenage view. If you're looking for many explosions and Optimus Prime, then you've got it and you're going to like it.

12. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Law Abiding Citizen (2009) - it's hard to believe what happens in the plot could possibly happen in real life, however this film was entertaining, even funny at times. 7/10

13. MKH

This Is the End - 3.5 out of 5

Rogen, Franco, and McBride provide highlight performances, while Robinson and Hill give exemplary supporting roles - Baruchel's fictionalized version seems far too overdone for the sake of technicality in plot, rather than moving the story forward naturally. It takes a while for even the characters to establish what's causing all the destruction in the movie, but settling for objective-based getting into Heaven is ingenuous. Additionally, it's always lovely to have Emma Watson on screen, and there's something definitely arousing about hearing Hermione Granger swear. Loved, loved, loved that ending in the back street.

14. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

Monsters University: 8.5/10

15. lime treacle

Saw V (2008) - Not as bad as I expected. The bottom is yet to be hit. The acting is terrible, though, and is what really brings the film down. I hear VI is a lot better, so I'm excited for it. 6.5/10

16. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Damn, I was looking forward to this one too. I might just get it anyway, so I can continue with the story and not have an incomplete collection.

17. lime treacle

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012) - Awesome. I love how there are a lot of different elements to it. The film's hilarious, and the ending is great, however it did leave me a bit underwhelmed *spoiler* knowing that we wouldn't see any of their time traveling, but come to think of it, it's not the time traveling itself that matters for the story. Aubrey Plaza is gorgeous and amazing, too. So there's that, I'm glad I watched this. 8.5/10

18. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

How To Make Money Selling Drugs - 4/5

Great documentary and commentary on the drug war. It's presented both as an infomercial for drug dealing and as a video game, laying out all the steps to get your business started and making money (they are, of course, being sarcastic when they present these as positive things, which becomes more and more evident as the documentary moves forward). There are all sorts of insightful interviews with former dealers and users. Really interesting stuff.

19. lime treacle

Saw VI (2009) - My favorite along with I and III. The plot wasn't so complicated, the acting was better, even the traps were wittier. Too bad I hear The Final Chapter is gonna be far worse. Oh, well. 7.5/10

20. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

"Spring Breakers" - started off with some of the worst acting I've seen in a movie :shifty: and only expected it to get worse. The acting and overall movie slowly improved and by the middle I was genuenly enjoying the film. James Francco was a cool surprise too. 3.5/5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.