How will Linkin Park be remembered?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by MtzLuis, Jul 6, 2013.

MtzLuis

MtzLuis Member

Every artist in music always or correct me if I'm wrong, an ending point in which they stop at a certain album and stop creating albums. In my mind, not worried but I love Linkin Park a lot and I'm proud at what they do. How do you think Linkin Park will be remembered when their "time" comes as not continuing to make more music? (Sort of like when they retire)

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Personally, I'll remember them for A Thousand Suns and In The End. A Thousand Suns is definitely their high note for me, and In The End is the song I remember listening to a lot before I knew who the band was.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

They'll be remembered by the casual fans as "that Transformers band" or for making certain songs in Hybrid Theory. Generally, they'll be remembered with many more positive things than Nickleback.

I'll remember them for being my favorite band and for making some of my favorite music of all time.

Geki

Geki >.

I'm not trying to sound harsh here. But I personally think LP will be remembered mainly for Hybrid Theory and actually Collision Course. Hybrid Theory is obvious, but you may ask, why Collision Course out of all their other work? Because it was with the famously huge artist, Jay-Z. They won a Grammy for Numb/Encore which was a very big thing for the band being able to win it and sing with Paul McCartney as well, the band has praised this as their biggest achievement many times. A lot of people who don't listen to LP, like and know Collision Course songs. Sadly, I do not think LP will be remembered for being ballsy and changing their whole sound with MTM, ATS, LT and so forth. The hardcore fans will definitely remember LP for that as well as other things, but in the main perspective of many people around the world, it will be Hybrid Theory and Collision Course, not that it's a bad thing. Also, I was at a bar earlier this year, and I heard someone talking about LP, and they said ''oh, they're making songs for Transformers now, I don't think they make albums anymore''. I was shocked. Apparently, LP got a lot of attention for the Transformers stuff.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

It'll be really mixed. You have people who hold them in the same category as Nickelback, you have people who will remember them as the transformer band, people who will remember them as the sellouts, and people who will remain die hards and look back fondly.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Probably the same way U2 is looked at, on a slightly smaller scale.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Linkin park are much bigger than U2

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

"Boy band with guitars" sadly. Or "that Transformers band", which is even more sad.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

early 2000s - the hard rock band you can actually bring home (no explicit stuff), angsty kids, people who talk about LIEZ GREED MIZERY, those dudes who always yelp
    mid 2000s - that Transformers band, the survivors of the death of metal
    today - that band who showed up my Tap Tap 4 game, the only rock band the mainstream listens to

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Transformers Band seems right. Or "that early 2000 radiofriendly rap rock band which went techno"

Those are the 2 biggest stereotyps of LP I'm aware of. And stereotyps are usually what is remembered the most of a band after a long time.

Denny

Denny @Jackethx

I will remember Linkin Park as the band that transformed my life.

From my music taste, to how I dress, to how I treat others. Linkin Park were the people who were my soundtrack to becoming the man I am now.

And that is why.

How for other people will remember them:

a) Two great albums, then they sucked.
    b) Transformers
    c) I liked Hybrid Theory
    d) Nu-metal pussies
    e) Pop-rock pussies
    f) Mike Shinoda is a wanna-be Trent Reznor

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
    Denny

Denny @Jackethx

I would strongly disagree with you there....

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I know what I will remember them for. I couldn't really give two shits about what other people will remember them for.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

This.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I think everyone else summed it up. Casual listeners will likely remember them for Hybrid Theory and Meteora, then falling from grace. Maybe there were a song or two they liked off Living Things, but they definitely won't have an undying legacy, which is unfortunate.

Personally, I'll be really sad when that day comes. I can't even say there will be a song I'll remember them for, it's just been one enormous lifelong experience with these guys. The sentimental attachments, for me, have made them more than a band but more of an emotional and mental escape. I really do love these guys. Unfortunately, not everyone will agree.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Fuck this thread. Just because. :shinado:

EDIT:
    :facepalm:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

If they suddenly stopped making music tomorrow, they'd probably be remembered like matchbox20; a band that was really big with a string of hits that just sort of faded away. You can remember the name when someone brings it up, but you're not thinking about them often or checking for new material.

If they keep going, probably like Smashing Pumpkins; a once huge band that still gets some press when they make new material but by and large nobody really cares that much about anymore.

Good joke, tell another.

NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

They probably won't be remembered at all.
    They'd probably be remembered by fans but everyone only listens to some random songs by them when they're ocasionally on the radio.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Smashing Pumpkins was a good comparison. Similar evolutions and probably similar futures.

Edit: A metal site on facebook I follow just asked if anyone used to listen Linkin Park. The answers were overwhelmingly "Yeah, before they pussied out." There's your answer, albeit from a group of death metal fans.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
    Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Just wait in 15 year old times