How will Linkin Park be remembered?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by MtzLuis, Jul 6, 2013.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Which is hilarious, since they acknowledge they were fans but are ignoring the fact that In The End and Pushing Me Away are arguably two of their pussiest songs ever and are both on the one album they're admitting to being fans of.

Weird how nostalgia works.

Anyway, why do so many LPAers get all pessimistic about the band ending up as "that Transformers band"? I see people saying it all the time and I don't think even when those films came out having a Linkin Park song in them was that big a deal, why are so many of you convinced not only are people going to remember that about them, but that that's all their going to remember?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
    The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Well, technically I only got interested in Linkin Park through Transformers. :lol: It's only when I listened to ATS that I became I fan and I came to know the existence of Hybrid Theory (before that, I thought Meteora was their first album).

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Blame Michael Bay. :shinado:

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

This calls for a new thread: The pussiest Linkin Park songs.

I vote for The Messenger. I mean, acoustic ballad about love and hope and shit. Can't get more pussier than that. /shinado/

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Transformers won't be remembered for Lp but Lp will be remembered for transformers, you know? "remember Linkin Park?" "yeah that band from transformers."

deadbysunrise

deadbysunrise Well-Known Member

I don't think they're going to be remembered as the Transformers band or not remembered at all, like most people say. These guys keep dropping something big with every album cycle - HT are Meteora are obvious, then WID went HUGE, New Divide was everywhere, BID as well. Yeah, LP may not sell as much as they used to, but are still arguably the most successful rock band of the century and continue to be quite successful. And I don't think such a band will be that easily forgotten.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I'm not buying it. Maybe in some countries, but those movies started in 2007 and Linkin Park had peaked long before that in the US.

jadesloth

jadesloth it could be worse

I don't see why anyone cares. There are very few bands that are universally remembered as being amazing. The overwhelming majority will have their peak and then over time slowly fade away until just the fans who genuinely like the band and their music still listen and seek out their new material. That doesn't mean they stop making good music...far from it. It just means they're not "popular" anymore. So, I guess it doesn't matter to me how they are remembered. Linkin Park is already mocked and made fun of now, and that's very unlikely to change in the foreseeable future. But they'll always be my favorite band, so forget the haters! :D

Geki

Geki >.

Any band that becomes HUGE like Linkin Park has will be made fun of by people, just like anything which is very popular at the moment will have it's haters as well. It's what people do. I think everyone needs to acknowledge the fact that Linkin Park is a arguably the biggest band today. Very much so from 2000 onwards. Everyone can have their opinions on it, but it doesn't change the fact that Linkin Park is the biggest band since 2000.

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

No way can LP sell out a 360 degree tour all over the world in random countries over a period of two to three years.

And that's just the first thing that came to my head.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

What world do you live in?

Really, I wanna know.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I know it's not the best measurement but Lp has 55 million likes to U2's 14 million. So it's not a completely ridiculous statement.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

And Rihanna's one of the most liked singers on Facebook. All that means is that she's appealing to enough people who can click a button.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I dunno, Linkin Park has more appeal to today's generation, the people who actively use Facebook and such. My friend's parents are huge U2 fans but don't have Facebooks. Does this make any sense?

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Yeah it does, like I said it's not a very good measure but it does show that his U2 comment wasn't completely outrageous as some of you ar treating it.

Geki

Geki >.

I don't see the U2 comment outrageous at all. I think a lot of hardcore LP fans, like the people that come on fansites like this, forget to realize just how huge LP really is in the world. It's crazy when you think about it. LP is a mega band. Extremely popular all over the world, and almost everyone knows at least one song by Linkin Park. LP has toured pretty much all over the world except for a few places, which Mike said they are working on getting to. They've sold over 50 million albums worldwide, and have had huge commercial success. They were in absolute HUGE movies, like the Transformers films for example. They are just a giant and I don't see them fading down anytime soon unless something bad happens.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

To call any band "much bigger" than U2 is pretty much always going to be wrong. U2 and Linkin Park are the same band for two subsequent generations is how I look at it.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I think that's the best way to end the argument. There's maybe a few bands that can be compared to U2 and Linkin Park is almost comparable. But no band is bigger than The Beatles.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Pidgeon concurs

Geki

Geki >.

I agree that you can't really compare LP and U2. Honestly though, if you look at all the bands who were blowing up when LP hit the big bucks (2000, 2001), LP has far surpassed all of those bands pretty much. It's kind of cool. Comparing LP to bands like U2 and Metallica and other bands of that nature is a bit hard to do, because they kind of feel out of place when it comes to those types of bands. Maybe years down the line if LP stays together and continues to make great albums and stuff, they will.