Announcing, LPA Playback: Record Your Own Music, And Get Noticed!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Aug 5, 2013.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

After two years of Monthly Mix-Up competitions on the LPA, we've decided that it's time to temporarily retire the MMU's (to keep them fresh) and create something completely different to further engage the fan-base, giving our viewers the chance to express their true talents.

Therefore, we are pleased to announce:
    LPA Playback

Inspired by the recent LPU Sessions contests, we are encouraging the musicians on our website to write, and record their own original music for potential feature on our website. You may either write and record a song as a solo artist, or collaborate together as a team with other LPAers to submit your song. The only thing that's important is that it is all original, is not a remix of another artist's music or a cover, and is your OWN work. There are plenty of bands or artists out there who are Linkin Park fans and who have made their own music either together or as an artist, but do not do remixes. With LPA Playback we hope to change that, and give notice to some of the original music currently happening within the Linkin Park fanbase. What makes this very different from the MMUs is that there will be no theme. You can be an EDM artist, Hiphop artist, rock band, jazz band...anything! We just want to hear YOU.

You may submit the audio via YouTube, or Soundcloud. YouTube videos can either be a static image with audio, or a self produced music video. The only thing we ask is that somewhere on the YouTube video page or Soundcloud page, in a VERY noticeable place [i.e. title, image etc], you put mention of LPA Playback and link to our website so other people can discover this contest.

We hope to have this become as successful as the Monthly Mix-Ups were, and something that we can continue to repeat every month. For those of you who looked forward to MMU's every month, do not worry. They will return in time, and with a whole new theme when the time is right. They are not gone forever!

As of posting this, the competition is officially open and will be running until August 31st. Good luck to all, and we hope to hear some brilliant entries! The winners of the July MMU will be announced within a few hours.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

OH YEAH. MY TIME HAS COME BITHCES. :rastamike: :adam:

Nook

Nook the noise manipulator.

Wow, excellent idea! I'll definitely submit something... The only problem is a decision WHAT to submit :D

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Oh yeah, gonna write a whole new song for this.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

This should be fun

Derek

Btw, incase anyone suspected otherwise...it is not our intention to distract away from LPU Sessions. It's just that many musicians exist outside of the US or are under 18 and could not enter that contest. So even though we can't arrange for the monthly winners to fly out and record with LP (sorry!) we hope this can still help the musicians that enter gain new fans, and maybe even in a roundabout way...help them get discovered by the "right people".

After all, The2ndHope (now known as Casper White) got so good from the MMUs that he eventually found a record deal. Anything is possible! Good luck guys!

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

This is awesome!

Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

Is it in our best interest to show 20 second previews of about 8 different demos we're working on, and to see which one you'd want us to finish for this?

Derek

You could do that, but we usually don't like to influence people's entries...as it can be argued by some that if that person wins or doesn't win, that we had a direct fault in that because we influenced what they entered. It's best for us to become impartial so that it's fair. So what I'd do is whittle down the 8 to 3 you're most proud of...finish them up and polish them, and then submit the one you feel has the best chance.

Nook

Nook the noise manipulator.

Ok, looks like the decision was easier than I thought :p Here's my entry for the contest. Something for the fans of post-industrial electronica, heavily inspired by Front Line Assembly. The project's name is SWITCHFACE, the song is called "In Denial". Enjoy.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Never really interested in making remixes, I might drop in a few tunes this time...if I have the time.

Cinemamonster

Cinemamonster Are you watching closely?

Nice idea! Probably will participate)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Can you guys make an official stamp graphic thing like the one for the MMU?

Derek

I'll do that within a day or two.

DaveCNewton

DaveCNewton The Newtonator

LINK: https://soundcloud.com/dave-newton/promised-land

Uploaded this one not too long ago. It seems that this started to coincide with it!

I know many aren't into the dubstep thing, I will add that Linkin Park have been my biggest influence (by a mile) as a musician, hopefully it translates.

Cheers, look forward to seeing what the forum folks are producing!

EDIT: Anyone know why the Soundcloud bb code is telling me my track is unavailable???

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
    zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

Seems like a perfect moment to try something fresh. Love the idea, I'll definitely submit something soon!

Derek

The code is hit and miss. Just linking to it will be fine. Nice track btw! Good to have you back! Missed seeing your entries on here!

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Yeah hello guys, i am back :) Entering a contest of the LPA :D
    Here is the deal - this track i am submitting is basically a very new track, but i finished it before the contest was even announced.
    I tried to search vocalists for that one but i couldn't find anyone so.
    Since i found out there is a new competition i edited the track a bit and i think this is a good start for this competition.
    Let's rock and good luck to everyone!

PS: If anyone needs help, i am here :D

- The track

It's a drum and bass track, called Violet. The track is based on a true event, feel free to read it.
    (Sorry for the grammar and bad english in general)

Story:

Once there was a girl, called Ramona. She's the big sister of a boy called Alex. Alex is a boy who loves to make funny things, being a clown and stuff. Ramona loves him but it's also annoying that she needs to take care of him all the time and sometimes she wants to relax so badly, but well. After all they both have a big and strong bond to each other. Her dad is actually okay, probably one of the best dads you can imagine. However, Alex finally goes to school now and make friends and much more. The school is a big one, it has a big reputation. Ramona wasn't that good in the eyes of others because she just goes to an other normal boring school. Because of that Alex gets attention from everywhere. Everyone loves him but Ramona is pretty much alone. Alex knows that and tries to pull her into his circle. But somehow, she doesn't want that. She gets depressive, cries all the night, being down. It's kind of weird but Alex just helps her, even with the only presence of him, as long as he is here, Ramona seems to be okay. - Years Later. Ramona already left school, doesnt live at home and sadly, she went the wrong way. Bad friends, drugs, alcohol and spraying stuff - She has the Tag "Mona". Alex really wants to help her but he doesn't come through to her. Many days and months are passed now, and suddenly Alex wakes up. He goes to his father and hyperventilates. He knows something bad happened to Ramona. His father didn't want to believe him and told him it will be okay. So 2 weeks now and Ramona didn't even call, nothing, not even a sign. Alex feels she is at her new home but they can't break the door otherwise they would get sued. The police told him aswell, they cant do anything because she was already 25 and stuff. He couldn't believe it, his sister is gone and no one wants to help him. Alex wants to be there now but he just cant. So 4 weeks now and Ramona still didn't call them. Finally the police searches her. Alex told them she is at her home, he knows it. So they went there. Ringing the bell, nothing. Screaming her name, nothing. So they finally broke the door and what does Alex see? Lying on the floor, blue as hell, syringe in her arm - dead. He couldn't believe it. His sister is dead, without even saying good bye or an "I love you" or whatever. He is done. He feels awful. For days, months. But somehow he knows she is still there. But how? You know, she sprayed stuff. Her tag is on so many walls and somehow Alex sees the name Mona everywhere. So often. It's not normal but he knows it's because of her. He loves her. And she loves him. Nobody can take that away and this won't ever get lost. She follows him, wherever he goes.

- *** The names and tags are changed for reasons.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    fio1310

fio1310 Well-Known Member

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

This is really good news, this will indeed keep the music fresh and give MMU a little break :D

Good luck to the participants, will listen when I have the time :)