Thirty Seconds To Mars

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Omar Ali, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Great video. I love everything about LOVE LUST FAITH + DREAMS. One of my most favourite album ever.

2. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

So not gonna watch this.

3. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

You don't need to. It's really nothing special. If you've seen CTTE video, you've seen this too. Just long brown instead of short pink hair.

4. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I do not consider myself a fan of this band but I do respect everyone's opinion on them. With that said, this Echelon stuff is getting pretty fucking weird.

It's good that people kind of get to know people like them and if that helps them to get through hard times, good. But the stuff they're doing is really going towards rituals/cult-like activities, which is pretty insane. To know that they even ask lots of money to the fans to be able to spend time with them is just over the top. Idk, they're really making it hard for me to even remotely "like" them as people and musicians.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  5. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

Dude, the song is Closer to the Edge II! :lol: Were you expecting something else?

6. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Totally agreed. One thing is to love a band's music and consider yourself and your fellow fans as a "family" because many good friendships can come out of there.. But this is more about "worshipping" an individual (extensive to the group), even though the "Echelon" seems to think otherwise.

Also, if you're getting a tattoo of something you love, it's because of your own initiative, not because one of the bandmembers is telling you to and you just nod your head without questioning.

7. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

This video is an exact copy of "Closer To The Edge"... Come on. We've already seen that. With these actions and fans I grow to dislike this band.

8. lime treacle

This album cycle sucks. Can't wait till it's over.

9. RazorEye

New single "City of Angels" coming later this month, apparently! Here's the artwork:

[​IMG]

10. lime treacle

Fuck fuckitty fuck fuck fuck.

11. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Megalomaniac and cult. Those were the only words I could think of when I watched the "Do or Die" video :lol: And also when I read the tattoo story.

12. Andreina

That song is one of the most generic and boring on that album.

13. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Why'd this turn into a place where all hate goes? No need for you to comment hate, all the fans rather talk positively about the album, rather than argue with pointless comments.

Captain-EO likes this.
  14. Andreina

Of course fans all talk positively about the album, generally that's what they do! (It'll be hard to hear a bad LP comment from me) and even then there are 30STM fans who don't like it that much.

I like a few songs from this album (I LOVE Conquistador, Up in the Air, The Race and Northern Lights) but that won't stop me from saying that song is boring. Oh and now as many have been pointing it out, that lot seems to be a creepy cult who get tattoos when their Almighty tells them to.

15. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Please, thank you sir. The hate in this thread was getting unbearable. God, it's like fans have opinions and stuff. Thanks again.

16. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

And I respect that opinion. But look at this page. I see maybe 2, 3 positive comments on here other than mine. This "Discussion" has turned into "What we hate about LLF+D/30STM. It's okay to say, "I don't like the song." Or like you said, how you think it's boring. But this seems to be made up of hate now, this thread could use a bit of positives, not negatives.

And for the other comment, I don't really give a s***. I'm just trying to say that this thread needs more positives, not negatives. And I'm so sorry if you disagree with that. Really, I feel bad for you.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    Captain-EO likes this.
  17. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Discussion isn't going to be even if opinion is negative. Maybe you shouldn't be focusing on why people in this thread are so negative but rather that there may be a good reason why this many people don't like the new album.

In short:

Maybe it's because they hate the album.

18. Andreina

This page exists because people are still commenting on the thread not letting it die. The discussion of the album per se is finished long behind. I even reviewed the damn thing earlier (on first listen, few ratings have changed with time)

Secondly, I say City of Angels is boring as fuck because for a supposedly "groundbreaking" band like 30 Seconds to Mars, even the laziest The Rasmus song is better than it, and I'm citing Rasmus because it's modest band with modest international projection, whose songwriting style is mainly organic and simple, diametrically different from 30STM and their cryptic shit.

To me it's a riddle how a song like CoA and Up in the Air/The Race can be in the same album, I won't comment on lyrics but on instrumentations, TR is fucking powerful and big and with a climax that makes you put it on repeat, while the former isn't even good enough for a rock ballad as it makes you sleepy, if you're gonna slow things down at least make them interesting otherwise you're creating a yawnfest.

So there you have it. So before whining you should focus on trying to put your point on the table instead of being negative about our negativity. :leo:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  19. RazorEye

First point:
    My opinion, as before, is that people really should shut up and don't comment if they're going to say things like:

and not anything actually constructive like:

Second point:
    How exactly has this thread turn into a Thirty Seconds to Mars hate thread? Over the past few pages of this thread, the amount of love comments is significantly better than those that hate, considering most of the hate is coming from a certain user, and I'm not going to name him here. Do recognize that some of us also are only being sarcastic, not actually hating with their beating heart in their hand in protest:

Like this guy :cool:

Can we get back to the album now?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  20. RazorEye

"Do or Die" is apparently going to release side-to-side with "City of Angels"!

"City of Angels" will be the US and Australian single, and will drop later this month.
    "Do or Die" will be the UK single, and will drop September 9

Here's the artwork for "Do or Die":

[​IMG]

Should I say, that's a pretty freakin' awesome artwork!