Has LP become too electronic for your tastes?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EastGhost, Aug 6, 2013.

ZachLP

ZachLP Soldier since 2000

I see a lot of people complaining about LT all the time, saying it seemed too forced and stuff like that. But I disagree. I think maybe half of the album is like that. These people aren't taking into account songs like Castle Of Glass, Roads Untraveled, Skin To Bone, Until It Breaks and Powerless, all of those are different for LP and I think they are amazing songs, some of my favorite LP songs to date. I think a lot of people just won't be satisfied unless the songs sound like ATS. A lot of fans used to not be satisfied that songs didn't sound like Hybridmeteora. But now, it seems ATS has this little group of fans within the fanbase that are disappointed that the new music doesn't sound like ATS. LP always says they will never do the same thing twice, they've been saying it since MTM came out. I wouldn't expect ATS part 2 any time soon. They make music for themselves, not for the fans. So whatever the band is feeling like making, that is what we will get.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I hate to agree with this, but I do.

ConsUme

ConsUme もちあげてときをはんして

Honestly THE second half was Linkin Park. The first half was for the radio.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I can see why LT have disappointed some fans.

But I will never understand that admiration for ATS. I like the record, but as far as I can tell, it isn't that adventurous or anything. If I want to listen to some super experimental music, there is so much more than ATS in the music world. My opinion is that LP wasn't that extraordinary at writing "experimental" stuff and that they're better at making poppy catchy tunes, but then again, it's just my opinion. Now, people that tend to hate catchy poppy tunes will always prefer ATS anyway.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

I big part of my love for ATS comes from how different all the songs sound from one another. Aside from BITS and Iridescent none of the songs sound remotely close to eachother but they still managed to make every song flow together. I think it keeps the album fresh even to this day. I hate how with a lot of rock albums it feels like I'm listening to the same song over and over again.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

Not necessarily an ATS 2, but definitely hoping for another adventurous effort like ATS. Something the first half of LT is definitely not.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

They should make a Club Record then go back to rock, just to piss people off.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This! I think they should make music just to piss people off now.

Edit: Well, since whatever they do piss you people off anyway, I guess they succeed in that. Hopefully they keep that shit up because I'm enjoying what makes everyone bitch.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well, if the music that they want to make and that they find creatively fulfilling also happens to piss people off, then, that'd just be icing on the cake.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

TRUTH!

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

This thread seems highly ironic given A Light That Never Comes.

ZachLP

Yes and no. A Light That Never Comes has been confirmed to not be on the 6th album by Mike. When they played Qwerty at Summer Sonic '06, it didn't end up on MTM and it didn't sound like any of the music from MTM. When New Divide came out in '09, it didn't sound like any of the music from ATS. I don't think A Light That Never Comes will sound like the 6th album. Steve Aoki is an electronic musician, so it's only natural that a collaboration with LP (who are also involved in electronic) to sound the way it does.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Who said this was about the sixth album?

I just said it was ironic that within the same month someone posted "Has LP gotten too electronic for your tastes", LP releases a full-on electronic song.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

>>This thread made
    >>LP puts out arguably their most electronic/poppier track ever

:lol:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

SHINODA READS EVERYTHING THAT YOU POST

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

ATS is an adventurous and risky record COMPARED TO LP'S OTHER WORKS. Not in the big picture of experimental music.

roBot

roBot Well-Known Member

"too electronic" to me means they put together great songs in the studio that they have problems with actually playing them on stage - although that problem seems to be new because they managed to play every song from ATS (except Robot Boy)
    I want to hear them play their albums live but at the same time I don't want them to limit their production and creativity because of that...

Louis said pretty much what I think... they should do whatever they feel like doing and explore new styles. As long as they do that, be the outcome more raw rock-like or more electronic, meaning synth produced, I think I'm going to like it

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

We need a "Has LP become too heavy and experimental for your tastes?" thread

ZachLP

Chester said last year in an interview that he wants to hear the emotion and rawness in the music, and that everything doesn't have to be complex and stuff. He said ''where are the balls''? I agree with that. I'd rather have awesome songs with strong emotion, with vocals that don't have to be perfect (like a lot of vocals on MTM).

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Each album has its different sound. I feel as the 6th album will be similar to "A light that never comes". My prediction is that the 6th album will have even more heavy electronic/dubstep with variations of soft and hard sounds. I also feel that LP wants to make more of heavier, Rock songs but incorporating lots of electronic. Don't get me wrong, there will be soft songs on the album but i think it will be a heavier album in general, with lots of electronic.