Has LP become too electronic for your tastes?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EastGhost, Aug 6, 2013.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I don't think so.

What? Where did that come from?

Also, welcome to the site :)

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

We'll see, I'm hoping the collab is Steve Aoki's song featuring Lp. I don't think I could handle Lp doing House.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

That is why i said "My Prediction." I didn't say it was true

Bgrant7

Bgrant7 Member

I think they are getting a little too poppy... I think it's good for bands to change over time, but after hearing the song they played with Steve Aoki I am worried they are going full Pop Rock. I think they are losing a lot of lyrical depth in favor of catchy Ooooooohs and electronic beats. I also think Mike, who has carried the band IMO is starting to slip lyrically.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm gonna say this again: that song is very likely more of a Steve Aoki song than a Linkin Park song, hence why it might not sound like Linkin Park to you.

Back in 2008, I kid you not, there were people who complained about how "We Made It" didn't sound like a Linkin Park song without realising why that might have been the case.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

No, and in no way is the Steve Aoki collab any indication of where LP is headed musically.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Well, I don't know why would you predict that, because A Light That Never Comes is Steve Aoki's song with Mike and Chester only as guest vocalists... and dubstep? they never made nothing dubstep related (LGM has nothing to do with dubstep, btw).

I seriously don't know what next album could sound like... We don't know in which direction they want to go, or how much freedom they have.

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

This is going to sound rude, but i'm just trying to be blunt. Linkin Park didn't reveal a more electronic song after I made this thread. Mike and Chester are working with Steve Aoki on this song and now "four to five others". This isn't the full band's effort. I am starting to like the song the more I hear it because a) It's a collab for an original song and not a remix of hm let's say Burn It Down and b) Even though it's a dance song Mike still raps which isn't very common to have full rap verses in dance music.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

So rude

Keyguy

Keyguy Active Member

They have certainly become too electronic for my tastes, my favorite Linkin Park album is Minutes To Midnight for the reason that is their most emotional sonically.
    Tracks like Given Up, Bleed It Out and No More Sorrow would be severely downgraded if they had more electronic elements, and Living Things is far too polished in post production, altering instruments away from their original sound hides the emotion felt in that original moment.

I'd like Linkin Park to go back into minimalist production, and focus less on perfecting ideas.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I hope the next album will be a bit more stipped down and raw like MTM was. we need a bit of a change up in sound. I love to hear an album like ATS with the production of MTM.

Then again...

If they did choose to keep the electronic sound, I really hope they go all out and bring in some Nine Inch Nail's industrial crazyiness to the proceedings. really push the boundarys of electronic music to its edge. I hope they'd try somthing like that one day.

Keyguy

Keyguy Active Member

I'd like more industrial drums but that's it, along the lines of what was going on in What I've Done, Crawling, With You.

I don't want more Living Things style drums, the combination of real and electronic made things way too messy sounding with all the background noise - wasn't too much breathing space to hype up the choruses.

eleven

eleven Banned

Simply no. Unless this Steve Aoki dude is a new member of the band (Obviously will never be), they shall not do full-electronic albums. I like where LP are at right now.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

they are doing well cause electronic music is the future of music and LP see that clearly

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

With all of these electronic artist collabs coming up, i'd hope that their album is less electronic. We got one full electronic album, one that had a lot of electronic sounds, and now some collab songs. I hope that the band eases up on that for their studio release. I don't want them to turn into Monster Magnet with rap verses but I want them to kind of get their "heavy" (not screaming SHUT UP, but just energetic) edge back.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I wonder how would a full-blown EDM album from Linkin Park sound like. Considering how much the entire band is into EDM, I'm interested to see how could a pure electronic album sound like, even if it's a one-time only album.

tyrskytyyhty

tyrskytyyhty a little taste of hypocrisy

LP isn't too electronic for me - I think I might even enjoy their current music more than the Hybrid Theory era. It's probably partly because I hadn't really listened to anything electronic before, which is why I found LT very fresh and surprising. Then again, one of the reasons why I really fell in love with Hybrid Theory was its originality - it was also something totally new for me. So I don't really know whether I like the electronic elements in LP's music just because I'm new to it all. Well, it can't be just that, there must be something I really do like about those elements... Otherwise I would probably like blues too. :huh:

^ That was extremely well said! I think LT would be much more boring without electronics cause the songs have such typical structures. Electronic elements make the album more interesting, in my opinion. But I would still prefer more complex structures and less pop-like songs.

^ I think that might be true. Most of the time, I find all kinds of "Ooohs" just boring and useless.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013